Stringer broke my 2 strings and damaged both my new VT ZF's, WHY oh WHY????

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by slair76116, Oct 7, 2012.

1. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    Hey guys, those who read my other thread know I broke both my UM66 strings on two VT ZF's. They were both new strings and rackets and were strung at 25Lbs and 26Lbs.

I gave them to a new stringer in Dubai, Big shot sports place with online advertising saying they do badminton, tennis and squash stringing.

http://www.intersport.ae/services/rackets-stringing

The guys broke the two strings I gave them one was a UM66 JP the second string was a Zymax .62. I wanted both strung at 25Lbs.

They said they will pay for one string and i was fine every one make mistakes.

today when I went to collect the empty rackets I found that they have damaged both racket with small squash marks where the bottom clams were used and also scratched the top part of one of the rackets.

I use my rackets well. now this will ruin any re-sale value these 2 new rackets I bought. only 3 weeks old from Singapore. I spoke to the store manager. He said they dont carry the yonex brand, and said he will speak to the group manager and will call me in 2 days.

What do you guys think is fair compensation from them?

I'm angry as hell.

2. Tommii

Tommii Regular Member

Fair compensation will obviously be the things you supplied them with. JP strings are expensive as hell and the zymax is not bad in pricing. Now, to compensate your racquets, if it's a minor damage; no dents then they should just pay a faction of the pricing of what they done to your damage. If there is a dent, They must PAY for the racquet because it can further lead to racquet breaking in matters of a few sessions or stringing.

#1 tip, DON'T STRING @ PLACES THAT STRING SQUASH AND TENNIS. IT'S THE WORST THEY CAN DO BECAUSE 99% OF THE TIME THEY STRING TENNIS AND HAVE NO EXPERIENCE STRINGING BADMINTON RACQUETS.

I would rather ask them for shuttlecocks if they have any and to pay someone else from a different store to string it. (Must be a good badminton store or a store that mainly works with badminton)

3. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    The zf stickers are known to get damaged from stringing. Do you have pictures of the actual dents and scratches?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

I never string my rackets at an unknown place. The only stringers I use are the ones that are highly recommended by other players.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Good advice.

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Where did you get the strings from? Are you sure they are genuine Yonex strings? I have tried fake Yonex strings and they snap easily at relatively low tensions (low 20s).

7. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

VT-ZF is notorious for its new "paint", as that is really sticker with nothing else on them and they get squished very easily.

Agree with the "Don't string at place that do squash and tennis" part, often average tennis stringers have no idea how to string a badminton racquet correctly.

Sorry for your loss of strings. JP strings are expensive. If the strings are genuine, the breakage is definitely stringer's fault, I would suspect the clamps are not adjusted correctly. I have strung BG66 Ultimax (non-JP) @ 30lbs and ZM62 @ 27lbs without problems.

#7 zombie0517, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  8. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    The guys gave me a new Z-slash and have ordered a new VT ZF for me which I'm yet to get. They kept the damaged rackets. and they gave me 2 SP 66UM strings which i rejected. I told them get me the JP's or give me money to buy it.

I'm ok with thier support, but they costs me many trips to the shop and still im without the VT ZF and the string tensions are crap!

I have no idea where to go to get a good stringing job done in Dubai. It's very disappointing.

9. Tommii

Tommii Regular Member

I would find it hard to get a good stringer there, as it's in an uncommon place to play (Saudi Arabia) I would recommend to string it yourself with your own stringing machine.

10. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    yeah i plan on doing that next year, just wish I could find a guy to do the stringing till then

11. Tommii

Tommii Regular Member

pay them to let you use their stringing machine.

12. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

Tommii has a good idea, although they may not let you do that if they think you'll break their machine

13. Tommii

Tommii Regular Member

well they can watch you, I had one member from AllCourtStringing letting me string the mains of some racquets without paying any money. Free Labour? Free Lesson :)

14. slair76116

Senior Flight Dispatcher