User Tag List

Thread: Bodybuilding...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Bodybuilding...

Hi! Is it fine if I try to get big muscles and abs for badminton?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on what you mean by "big". Sho Sasaki looks pretty muscular and he does alright.
    Strong abs and back are a very good idea. The limbs of the perfect badminton player are very strong, but not hugely bulky which would hinder quick and graceful movement -- which is exactly what some say is wrong with Sasaki.

It also depends on what you mean by "try to get". If you use steroids to help you, then it's not so fine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

big muscles are not useful, more power definitely is!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strength to weight ratio and speed of muscles are the most important thing in badminton.
    It will negatively impact your badminton if you build mass for the sake of looks past a certain point, but it very much depends on what your build is at the moment. If you're thinking about getting a big upper body that's certainly a no-no.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endurance + fast twitch is key IMO. I'm not sure if bulk will help in a sport where explosiveness and agility trumps sheer strength and power.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure...

Six-pack abs = stablized core muscles = help you twist and turn to get those shots.
    Thighs and calves = better leg strength = better at lunges and recovery
    Sculpted back = stablized core muscles = help you twist and turn to get those shots.

Thats all I got

Go for Lin Dan big...not Arnold Swartzneggar big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been into bodybuilding recently. I'm not after a bodybuilder's bulk. I just want a beach body, sort of that of Lin Dan (toned muscles). I'm having a hard time gaining weight because of too much badminton. Thus, my gym instructor told me to lessen my weekly badminton games. Sigh!!! Now I have an upcoming tournament. I guess I would have to compromise my gained muscles

One thing I noticed, badminton players have strong leg power. Sometimes I get surprised that I can lift with my quads and calves as heavy as those who's been in the gym for years. This goes also to other players I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go for muscels man ..... i love POWER ..... POwer is my game but i am a no no for big muscels .... lean good muscels are enough ...... LYD and LD FHF all have very good body shape .... tone lean nice looking but not bulky ... Build good muscels bro go for power ..... important ur base must be strong (Lower body )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go for explosive strength in your body as a whole, itl bring a new dimension of sped and agility to your bady game, fed your muscles to be tones and lean, without al the extra weight to lug around like our brothers who cant walk thru normal door openings