User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milton keynes
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Apacs Lethal 90, Tantrum 300, Slayer 99 - get all three?

    Hello all,
    ok...where should i begin...i'm currently in the process of selling my Nanospeed 9000X and Voltric Z Force to fund these three (possibly more) rackets.

    The truth is that the first time I heard of Apacs is 3 days ago (sorry if I offended anyone). I already ordered Edgesaber 10 and Finapi 88 two days ago and so they should arrive by tomorrow. A gentleman sent me a message saying that he has these two rackets which are quite similar to Arc 10 (which I planned to buy) so I was like 'why not' since they are sooooooo much cheaper than Arc 10. If they are almost as good as Arc10, I will be a happy man.

    So anyway, since I ordered these two rackets, I haven't stopped researching about Apacs and quite frankly, I'm more confused than before

    For my next rackets, I want to go for Apacs own brands and not Yonex cloned. Because from what I have read, models such as Tantrum, Slayer and Lethal are more solid and stable than Yonex cloned ones. And also I want to try them because they are quite stiff and slightly head heavy which I hope will be similar to my Z Force that i'm going to sell.

    I guess the point of this thread is that since I'm so new to Apacs, I want to try everything. I'm willing to buy several rackets and try them BUT obviously I don't want to buy rackets that are REALLY similar or the same as each other. I just want a little bit of everything. For example, I want one racket that's head heavy and stiff. one that slightly headlight and stiff etc etc.

    Also, What do you think of these three models, lethal 90, Tantrum 300 and Slayer99? are they too similar to each other? I chose lethal 90 over 70, Tantrum 300 over 500 and Slayer 99 over 88. From what I have read, the models that I chose are more stable and user friendly than the ones that I didn't pick. Am I right or wrong I'm not so sure.

    Even as we speak, I'm not sure if you guys understand the point of this thread and why I need your help. I'm very sorry if I have confused anyone...

    Thank you all very much for your time and any advice, suggestions or information will be greatly appreciated.....Thank you

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't tried many Apacs, but I can tell there is a big difference between the Arc10 and EdgeSaber 10. Balancewise the Arc10 was more even balanced, the shaft didn't flex like the EdgeSaber 10. The harder you hit & the smaller your swing movement is, the more this issue will come into play.

    ... Wait... u r from MK? Well, what about visiting Team Forza Elite? Have you visited them and took a look whether one of the player's got one of those rackets you're looking for? If you ask them kindly they will let you have a few swings

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milton keynes
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yep i play badminton in David Lloyd so i get to watch them play every now and again....they are really good.I havent seen any of them use Apacs but i guess i will have to ask. So is edgesaber that bad then?...i will end up with quite alot of stiff rackets in the future so i guess i dont mind if this racket ends up to b slightly more flexible than Arc 10. more flexible racket..is it that bad?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually Edgesaber 10 is very flexible racket and low end racket so you can't expect it highly like Arsaber 10. For the Apacs racket, i have owned lethal 70, 90, Tantrum 200, Tantrum 500, Edgesaber 10 (sold to friend). the Apacs High end rackets are really good and stiff rackets, also they will help to improve the performance as well

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    340
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pat666 View Post
    Also, What do you think of these three models, lethal 90, Tantrum 300 and Slayer99? are they too similar to each other? I chose lethal 90 over 70, Tantrum 300 over 500 and Slayer 99 over 88. From what I have read, the models that I chose are more stable and user friendly than the ones that I didn't pick. Am I right or wrong I'm not so sure.
    i own lethal 35, 60, 90 & tantrum 200...and this is my personal assessment
    stiffness ~ L60>T200>L35>L90
    stability ~ L60>L35>T200>L90
    swing speed ~ L90>T200>L60>L35

    none are similar to zf or arc10...but L60/70 & T200/300 would be the closest. not really close actually...but they do feel special in their own way

    i would suggest you to stay away from low-end/clonex range...as they're not worth the money eventhough they're cheap. they're suitable for beginners/kids only

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    slayer 99 isnt slightly head heavy, its more slightly head light to even balanced. not sure about the others though. but it was a nice racket to use.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milton keynes
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    whoops, i guess I have gotten alot of information wrong. This is what i'm saying...i need to buy them and try them myself.

    radmaszeal - is slayer 88 head heavier than slayer 99? I mean....the only type of racket that i'm trying to avoid is something like Nanospeed 9000X (that's why i'm trying to sell it)....just too light for my liking.

    irwan_kho -what do you think of tantrum 500? i'm leaning towards 300 instead of 500 ....which one is head heavier? so many ppl talk about 300 so i guess it has to be good.
    and also, since you have both lethal 70 and 90....which one do you prefer?

    aril79 -so do you think that i should just keep my Z Force then? when you said that T300 is special in its own way...what do you mean by that?

    Thank you all for taking time to help me out ...thanks alot

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    340
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pat666 View Post
    aril79 -so do you think that i should just keep my Z Force then? when you said that T300 is special in its own way...what do you mean by that?
    which yonex racket that you prefer? zforce or arc10
    coz to me l60/70 is the nearest apacs equivalent to zforce, while t200/300 is the nearest apacs equivalent to arc10
    they are near in balance...but each has their own unique feel

    zforce comes with weight concentrated at tip...while l60 head-weight is evenly distributed around the frame. this resulting in a different swing feel...but both offer huge amount of power

    arc10 and t200 has an almost same swing balance...but both with different kind of 'touch feel'
    arc10 feels softer but 'punchy' while t200 is more straight-forward & direct. anyway the power of both is quite similar

    so it's up to your preference & answer to the 1st question...whether you prefer zforce or arc10. only then you may know whether l60/70 or t200/300 will suit you better
    anyway this is just an opinion from my own personal experience. take this with a grain of salt...coz the results may not be the same to everyone

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tantrum 500 is head heavy and flexible racket. i don't have T300 but i have T200 as others people say they are pretty similar. T200/300 is even balanced racket and if you are a control player so it is suitable for you but if you are a smashing type of player so you are better off with T500.i own L70 and L90 and i have seen so many good feedback for L70 but to be honest i am not used it, i am more to L90 than L70. L90 is stiffer than L70 and is more solid than L70. L70 is more suitable to the attacking type of playing and L90 is more to defensive type of playing. i hope others don't mind with my opinion.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aril79 View Post
    which yonex racket that you prefer? zforce or arc10
    coz to me l60/70 is the nearest apacs equivalent to zforce, while t200/300 is the nearest apacs equivalent to arc10
    they are near in balance...but each has their own unique feel

    zforce comes with weight concentrated at tip...while l60 head-weight is evenly distributed around the frame. this resulting in a different swing feel...but both offer huge amount of power

    arc10 and t200 has an almost same swing balance...but both with different kind of 'touch feel'
    arc10 feels softer but 'punchy' while t200 is more straight-forward & direct. anyway the power of both is quite similar

    so it's up to your preference & answer to the 1st question...whether you prefer zforce or arc10. only then you may know whether l60/70 or t200/300 will suit you better
    anyway this is just an opinion from my own personal experience. take this with a grain of salt...coz the results may not be the same to everyone
    for the price of Yonex racket, you can get two or three rackets of high end racket.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •