User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sayshh View Post
    Yes take your time to swing, try to time the shot, get the sweet-spot and angle. Don't worry yet about hitting the killer smash, or generate power. Once you get the consistent hitting then try increasing you swing speed while maintaining good connection with shuttle. I'm sure you'll be much happier with the results. The fact that you liked this racquet to play singles (sans smashes) means that only in smashes you are trying too hard to get the killer power. That may be psychological expectation that having head-heavy racquet you can smash harder.. but just give it time. Even in doubles try to rally while making sure you keep consistent hitting as your priority rather than power and depth...

When I was trying to get used my racquet, my doubles partners were mostly frustrated because I wasn't hitting hard enough smashes, or my clears to the back of the court... Although, initially (first day) I too tried to tried to play with it as my previous flex and even-balance racquet. In 3-4 days things didn't improve much more than 1st day, so I had a small doubt whether I had made a mistake in choosing the racquet. But I persisted, and now I feel that my play is more effortless with this racquet now.

Hope this helps.
    FINALLY I AM COMFORTABLE WITH MY VOLTRIC 5. TODAY I PLAYED 2 SINGLES MATCHES (BOTH OF WIC I LOST),BUT ENJOYED A LOT PLAYING WITH MY RACKET...I was able to make my opponent run around the court and play as i wish...I cudnt generate the same power as from my iso zeta but now except that smash thing i am 2 much happy with my racket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things will really fall in place once you have worked out the timing.. good to hear you can enjoy what you spent your hard-earned money on.. good luck! Things can only get better from here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things will really fall in place once you have worked out the timing.. good to hear you can enjoy what you spent your hard-earned money on.. good luck! Things can only get better from here...
    Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played 3 doubles match with my voltric 5 and in all of them i was all the time attacking,my smashes were not that powerful as dey must be from an extremely head heavy racket such as my vt 5,but even after smashing again and again dere was no pain in my arm..I enjoyed playing even dobles with my racket .So this means my arm nd wrist have adjusted temselves to my new racket....i feeeling 2 gudddddddd.
    But is the string due to which i am not able to smash with my head heavy racket or is it something else?Also when i shake my racket i hear some sound coming from it as if some grommet is loose or broken,but wen i checked for any broken grommet dere was none..so is dere any serious issue with my racket or what????I do not hear dis sound while playing,i hear it only when i bring it near my ears and shake my racket...please tell me is dere any problem in my racket?
    Also tell me does nylon shuttle harm racket's frame when it strikes the frame or it is no harm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know you enjoy playing with the racket. Lesser power in smash could be due to the strings. May be your older racket strings were at less tension and hence yielding more power. New rackets will have tighter (well, tighter than strings loosened by playing), and hence you may find a somewhat harder feeling hit.

As for the sound, it could be broken piece of grommet which went into the hollow of the frame. That should not be a problem with the racket. Unless that grommet totally disintegrates. I'm guessing string without grommet will touch the frame and may not be good for the frame?

Any shuttle that hits the frame can likely cause paint chips. If you exceed the string tension specified for the racket then frame hit can even crack the frame. Otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont prefer tension over 22lbs or so,hence dat is not a problem. I checked all the grommets of my racket,dey all appeared to be all ok..so at else can be the reason for the sound?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know you enjoy playing with the racket. Lesser power in smash could be due to the strings. May be your older racket strings were at less tension and hence yielding more power. New rackets will have tighter (well, tighter than strings loosened by playing), and hence you may find a somewhat harder feeling hit.

As for the sound, it could be broken piece of grommet which went into the hollow of the frame. That should not be a problem with the racket. Unless that grommet totally disintegrates. I'm guessing string without grommet will touch the frame and may not be good for the frame?

Any shuttle that hits the frame can likely cause paint chips. If you exceed the string tension specified for the racket then frame hit can even crack the frame. Otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.
    I dont prefer tension over 22lbs or so,hence dat is not a problem. I checked all the grommets of my racket,dey all appeared to be all ok..so what else can be the reason for the sound?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a cheap Cosco racket which makes similar sound, and on physical inspection grommets are not damaged. I'm not sure what's causing the issue either. It could be during manufacture or stringing broken grommet entered the hollow of frame, but then a good grommet was installed and externally all appears fine. But anyway I don't think that will have any impact on the racket in any way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a cheap Cosco racket which makes similar sound, and on physical inspection grommets are not damaged. I'm not sure what's causing the issue either. It could be during manufacture or stringing broken grommet entered the hollow of frame, but then a good grommet was installed and externally all appears fine. But anyway I don't think that will have any impact on the racket in any way.
    I am searching for a low end yonex racket....my style of play is attacking,although i own a voltric 5 but still i want to go for a new racket of course at the low end side of yonex series....So please suggest me some rackets which i can go for..i dont want to go for voltric..I can go for NANOSPEED,CARBONEX,ARCSABER,NANORAY..so suggest accordingly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The absolute low-level (in terms of price) rackets from their respective range:
    Nanospeed 100
    Carbonex 8000 Ti
    Arcsaber 002
    Nanoray 20

Needless to say, all these rackets have a different feel. At least I can confirm that between NS 100, CAB 8000 Ti and ARC 002, there was a distinctive difference.

You should try out the swing and choose the one that comes closest to your VT 5, so you don't have to adjust your swing/timing when you swap rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanospeed 100
    Carbonex 8000 Ti
    Arcsaber 002
    Nanoray 20

Needless to say, all these rackets have a different feel. At least I can confirm that between NS 100, CAB 8000 Ti and ARC 002, there was a distinctive difference.

You should try out the swing and choose the one that comes closest to your VT 5, so you don't have to adjust your swing/timing when you swap rackets.
    Arcsaber 002 and
    Nanoray 20 both are out of my bugdet,..Will it be difficult for me to adapt to an oval shaped racket ???And also tellme how is the carb 8000 plus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanospeed 100
    Carbonex 8000 Ti
    Arcsaber 002
    Nanoray 20

Also tell me about muscle power 5 and muscle power 7...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me give you ONE ULTIMATE SUGGESTION and dont bother trying anymore or even upgrading in the future: Go get a CARBONEX 20 (or 20SP in South Asia) ... that will be the ONE racquet you ever need for the rest of your badminton life !!

I have the NS100, Cab 8000Ti and Cab20sp ... and each time when I start to get "serious" , it is the Cab20sp that steps forward.

Don't look down on Oval racquets even if it is an "older design". OVAL shape racquet requires a higher level of skill, touch control and finesse to play as the sweet spot is smaller but when you hit it, it will give the BEST SOLID FEEL ever ... isometrics (with bigger sweet spot but LESS FEEL) are designed for BRUTE FORCE players who just like to smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darpanchoudhary View Post
    Arcsaber 002 and
    Nanoray 20 both are out of my bugdet,..Will it be difficult for me to adapt to an oval shaped racket ???And also tellme how is the carb 8000 plus?
    Oval shape racket head has smaller sweet spot, and hence you really need to work on your consistency to be able to get the best out of it. Mishits (off-center) will be very bad, and unless you hit the sweetspot you won't enjoy the strokes.

IMO CAB 8000 Ti and 8000 Plus will be similar in weight, feel and balance.

Wrt MP 5 or 7 they are very basic in nature and don't have complete carbon fibre shaft+frame. Also they are quite a bit heavier (IIRC 2U) than VT 5.

@maxout - he's looking for rackets that are even cheaper than VT 5. So CAB 20 must be way out of his budget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    Let me give you ONE ULTIMATE SUGGESTION and dont bother trying anymore or even upgrading in the future: Go get a CARBONEX 20 (or 20SP in South Asia) ... that will be the ONE racquet you ever need for the rest of your badminton life !!

I have the NS100, Cab 8000Ti and Cab20sp ... and each time when I start to get "serious" , it is the Cab20sp that steps forward.

Don't look down on Oval racquets even if it is an "older design". OVAL shape racquet requires a higher level of skill, touch control and finesse to play as the sweet spot is smaller but when you hit it, it will give the BEST SOLID FEEL ever ... isometrics (with bigger sweet spot but LESS FEEL) are designed for BRUTE FORCE players who just like to smash.
    Thank you for your advice,but carb 20 is way out of my bugdet.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oval shape racket head has smaller sweet spot, and hence you really need to work on your consistency to be able to get the best out of it. Mishits (off-center) will be very bad, and unless you hit the sweetspot you won't enjoy the strokes.

IMO CAB 8000 Ti and 8000 Plus will be similar in weight, feel and balance.

Wrt MP 5 or 7 they are very basic in nature and don't have complete carbon fibre shaft+frame. Also they are quite a bit heavier (IIRC 2U) than VT 5.

@maxout - he's looking for rackets that are even cheaper than VT 5. So CAB 20 must be way out of his budget.
    So which racket i can go for ?Any titanium series racket to suit my budget???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darpanchoudhary View Post
    So which racket i can go for ?Any titanium series racket to suit my budget???
    I doubt you will get any full-carbon graphite rackets below the price of Arc 002, and NS 100 from Yonex.

I haven't had much experience with Cosco, but you may keep them as an option. I had Cosco CBX-750/850 as my options when I was looking for new racket sometime back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast