Help choosing a new racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jayuqo80, Oct 9, 2012.

1. jayuqo80

jayuqo80 New Member

Good day!

I've been reading a lot on this forum and finally decided to sign up. My Blacknight M-2006 c4 gave up on me and I'm looking at a new racquet. I didn't have my blacknight for a long time and to be quite honest, I thought it was too light.

I play mostly doubles, I'm more of a "power-type" player than control. I've been playing all my life so I think I calssify myself at the "expert" level.

Just trying to get some options to look at. I don't really care about the brand, just trying to get the best performance/price ratio.

Thanks in advance
    Jay

2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Expert and power player ..... then, the only racquet worthy of consideration : VTZF , if you can handle it - the ULTIMATE racquet in town !!

Note that MOST FS (buy/sell) posts are VTZF, so many selling after finding out that they cannot "cope" with it, including myself !! Give it a SHOT, you will never know ....

Personally, how I wish I can use it but I cannot "control" the beast !! .... :(

#2 maxout, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  3. nanoray20

nanoray20 Regular Member

Try Li Ning rackets very tough

4. jayuqo80

jayuqo80 New Member

Any models in particular?

5. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Suggested rackets:
    Victor MX-JJS or BS-LYD - if it's good enough for them...it's good enough for you.
    Yonex VT80 - head heavy and stiff (a bit slow in defence due to the head heaviness)
    Yonex VT-ZF - more head heavy and stiffer than the VT80 (good for singles...doubles :confused:)
    Li-Ning N90 - a power racket (more for singles but maybe you can handle it for doubles)

For performance/price ratio...
    You might want to consider Apacs brand of rackets (ie. Lethal, Slayer, etc) or maybe Panda Power rackets.

6. jayuqo80

jayuqo80 New Member

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Stiff, powerful, yet fast (due to to frame design), look no further than the Victor MX-80. Stiffer than both the MX-JJS and BS-LYD. I may be biased but I can't say enough about the MX-80. :D

If you want the genuine article contact Eric at Squashmart. A group of us here in Van have dealt with him numerous times and have been totally satisfied with his prices and service.

8. nanoray20

nanoray20 Regular Member

i would say n90 2nd gen one of my mates has one and he said that it's bloody powerful and can be compared to vt-zf

9. slowmotion

slowmotion Regular Member

Student
    Kason Twister F9 - User friendly, light and allows you to generate power easily. Suitable for power players.

10. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yes, they are fake!
    I would recommend you only to buy rackets from a professional trusted (online) shop.
    To check it whether they are fake or not, post the serialNumber and shaftNumber in the "fake racket check"-Thread. But rackets with prices like this are 99,9% fakes.
    Don't buy rackets which are too cheap.

/To the topic:
    I personally can recommend the Yonex Voltric80. But I normally only play singles. But some DoublesPlayers plays with it, too. Also with the Yonex VTZF (e.g. Carsten Mogensen).
    Give them a try.

11. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    try ZF or Froza high end series, quite stiff

12. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    @jayuqo80 - maybe you should try a few rackets from friends first. It'll probably help narrow down what kind of racket might suit you best (ie. flex/stiff and even-balanced/head heavy).

13. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

It also depends on your technique as a power player. As a power player myself, Yonex rackets doesn't cut it because they tend to make their rackets more user friendly (VTZF is not stiff at all in my book).

I like my Li Ning N90 because it feels solid and the shaft stiffness is consistent. For singles it's great because it offers power and control for me.

The MX80 is my new favourite for doubles (maybe singles as well) because I have a really short, compact, but powerful swing... The extra stiff shaft gives me exactly what I am looking for with my technique. MX80 3U with NBG99 JP at 26lbs makes me deform Victor Champ 1 birds on smashes (clean hit but when after a smash, the bird deforms).

That's my 2 cents