User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle tan View Post
    I only play double, getting too old for single.
    In that case, for doubles you can wrap your grip to cover the cone, so that you can grip up here with your hand for backhand serves, drives, defence, etc. This will give you a shorter lever for greater speed, maneuverability and accuracy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like wrapping up to the midway point of the cone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Folks, I normally use Volkl Super Grip II OverGrip over Yonex Super Grap over grip because it gives you a much more tacky feel with less tear and wear. The only down side of Volkl over grip is the sticky tip. Its not as adhesive as Yonex. Check out my pics further below. Enjoy! Cory.

Name:  my_grips.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  64.1 KB

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've reunited with towel after seeing the pro's rackets at the All England. For no earthly reason I can put my finger on (and it's not the weight of the grip), the rackets seem to "move" more easily this way.

Bit of a ballache constantly having to powder up all night, but the tack is gargantuan when you get it right!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark, do you always have to powder when using towel grips? I've wanted to try towel grips, but it's not worth it if I do have to powder it often

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    hi folks, i normally use volkl super grip ii overgrip over yonex super grap over grip because it gives you a much more tacky feel with less tear and wear. The only down side of volkl over grip is the sticky tip. Its not as adhesive as yonex. Check out my pics further below. Enjoy! Cory.

Name:  my_grips.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  64.1 KB
    so biggggg :0

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the noob View Post
    Mark, do you always have to powder when using towel grips? I've wanted to try towel grips, but it's not worth it if I do have to powder it often
    IMO, towel is unusable without powder, but we're only talking one per game if you get the right stuff; I don't try and slink off court every three points like the pro's, or anything.

I think the bnefit outweighs the cost - towel + powder can be "reactivated" in a way that PU grips can't; they just decline steadily until they're dead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used towel for 2 seasons now without powder.... I've just decided to buy some at last! Looking forward to trying it....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Endo-san really really wants to make sure his grip doesn't come undone

Name:  vlcsnap-2014-05-25-16h46m47s64.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  23.4 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I've reunited with towel after seeing the pro's rackets at the All England. For no earthly reason I can put my finger on (and it's not the weight of the grip), the rackets seem to "move" more easily this way.

Bit of a ballache constantly having to powder up all night, but the tack is gargantuan when you get it right!
    Hi MarkA,

When you grip your rackets with towel grip do you apply the grip straight onto the wooden handle or do you use some sort of underwrap? I have read that some people like to use a layer of sellotape first to act as a water-proof barrier between the handle and grip. I also notice that you like to grip your rackets above the cone. Do you find that you remove some of the paint when you need to replace your grips? I also use towel grips but I find that I have to replace them more regularly compared to standard PU grips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  P1050419.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  35.8 KB

Changed from Karakal PU on wood to LCW's method after seeing the Youtube tutorial since Sep last year... been experimenting and this is my final result. I play doubles only so I realised going less of a overlap on the cone gets me up to the top nicely lol!

Yellow grips on my NRs' are kind of finalized, the red grip on my VT is still my old "take" on LCW's grip. Much to my surprise, leaving the original grip on plastic and making the butt fatter and then a Supergrap on top is just the right thickness and softness (due to the original grip underneath) for me. Guess it helps to retain the stock feel of the racquet and helps resell? I don't know.

Will probably update the VT grip when the red supergrap is done with it's time, which is normally around 3 weeks to a month for me.

Name:  P1050421.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  46.0 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicked reply too fast, they are all G5's with the stock grip on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried some fancy ones on the Arc 10 of my gf lately, have a look:

Name:  DSC_1581.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  30.3 KB
    Name:  DSC_1582.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  25.4 KB

The grip is Forza Hip Grip
    I think it looks really good, but I wont recommend them. The main reason is the strange feel of it. In the beginning its not tacky at all, because there is a sort of powder on it. After some play, the powder goes off and it feels ok. But it then begins to decomposit iteself really fast. This is already the second one I applyied, the first one started to fall apart after three sessions (1.5h each). Besides of that, this neat look stays for about 5 minutes. After grabbing it, the red colour begins to stain all over the place and the white spaces are orange after short time and it looks really yucky.

Its really pitty but maybe we just stay at regular overgrips in the furure. Or try this one

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    Hi MarkA,

When you grip your rackets with towel grip do you apply the grip straight onto the wooden handle or do you use some sort of underwrap? I have read that some people like to use a layer of sellotape first to act as a water-proof barrier between the handle and grip. I also notice that you like to grip your rackets above the cone. Do you find that you remove some of the paint when you need to replace your grips? I also use towel grips but I find that I have to replace them more regularly compared to standard PU grips.
    I go right onto the wood because I have to - it's the only way I can get it thin enough (especially now that Victor's grips are half a size bigger than Yonex's, for some reason). I tend to replace mine every 25-30 hours, but towel grips tend to improve as they age, so the longer you run them, the better they get.

Luckily, the glue on the Victor towel grip isn't strong enough to take any paint off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,
    Kinda new to this forum. Been playing badminton for more then 10 years now and recently bought myself a Yonex Z-Force (after i got ripped of with a fake Z-Slash ). This is the first time i did the grip myself, i used the standard Yonex grip three times to get the thickness right for my hand. I am a long guy with really big hands

This is a Z-Force racket with BG85 strings at 22 lbs. I have not yet been able to play with it but im really curious. In August i will be start to play badminton in man only competition for east Netherlands, hoping this will be a nice year with my first serious racket

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  63.9 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  61.4 KB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  IMG_20140720_173500.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  40.4 KB

Wrapped LCW style. I forgot how many times I overlap the butt area (hope that's said correctly). I like to end my grip halfway around the cone. Any advice for improvement? I play singles and doubles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IvanT View Post

Wrapped LCW style. I forgot how many times I overlap the butt area (hope that's said correctly). I like to end my grip halfway around the cone. Any advice for improvement? I play singles and doubles.
    You used replacement grip inside? Your overlaps are fairly inconsistent with a sudden yank up from the butt if I see it right....

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast