Arcsaber Tour series

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by CarbonexFan, Oct 10, 2012.

1. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Today, I was at the Dutch Open and met someone from Yonex. He showed me two new rackets called Arcsaber 2 Tour and Arcsaber 3 Tour. Instead of being the cheaper series, these are actually high end rackets and made in Japan. Price is also towards the higher class rackets. The frame is very thin, but they look very nice. I already spotted them in some shops, but is anyone familiar with these? Heard they will be limited over here.

2. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

the price is around mid end-rackets actually, around MYR2xx~3xx in my area
    P.S i like the arc3tour colour scheme :D

3. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

hmmm.... both arc 2 tour and arc 3 tour are being advertised as made in japan.

but I couldn't find any reference to these products in yonex japan website

4. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

i don't think there is any advantage of being made in japan but since you can't find it on yonex's website, google is your best friend! :D

5. CarbonexFan

Pictures are not a problem. I took some myself. Finding someone who played with it is.

As for what's defined as a high end, is not really based on the price. But that's really my opinion.:p

#5 CarbonexFan, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  6. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

so you mean they're cheaper high end rackets? :eek:

7. CarbonexFan

Not really. I mean that price does not determine if it's a high end racket. If price does determine this, the only high end rackets are Li Ning and limited editions.

8. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

i get you now, but most of it are right?

9. CarbonexFan

Mostly are.;)

Some pictures.

ARCTour01.jpg ARCTour02.jpg ARCTour03.jpg

Also new color NR500. Heard that they will not be official announced and specs will not be available on the Yonex websites. Don't know why, but I got my hands on the demo's!

#9 CarbonexFan, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  10. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

woots~the colours are like arc10 anyway (red and premium)

11. vincent07

vincent07 New Member

Can't seem to find much review on this Yonex's Arcsaber Tour Series on the internet. Anyone tried it yet?

12. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

erm...the arc3tour is actually repainted model of arc3FL, and also lower prices :D

13. CarbonexFan

Was too lazy taking pictures of it before writing a review. But here it is.

I've measured the specs of the two rackets and tried to compare them with the Arcsaber 7 and 10, because the dimensions come close to these rackets I have. Finally, the Arc10 is really different and I decided comparing with the ARC7 was enough. So here they are:

ARCTour04.jpg

As I said, I manage to get the demo rackets:
    ARCTour05.jpg

On one side of the racket, they all printed only Carbon Graphite on the shaft of the 2 and 3 Tour where the ARC7 has a more impressive High Modulus Graphite + CS Carbon Nanotube print:
    ARCTour06.jpg

On the other side, there is an extra Ultra Light Weight win for the Tour series:
    ARCTour09.jpg

I'm afraid it cannot clearly pictured, but I really tried. The ARC2T has the slimmest frame of them all, where the ARC3Tour share the same design as the ARC7.
    ARCTour07.jpg
    ARCTour08.jpg

Now for the measured specs. If it comes to stiffness from stiffest to less stiff:

ARC10 < ARC2Tour < ARC7 = ARC3T

And for the balance part:

ARC10 < ARC7 < ARC3T < ARC2Tour

Looking at these comparisations, it's very interesting to say that these rackets are designed as the head lighter Arcsaber series, which are represented with the Arcsaber 3FL and the Arcsaber 9FL. But the Arcsaber 3FL is only available as 4U G5 and G6, where these rackets are 3U-G4. So it's not a repainted Arcsaber 3FL. I have a Arcsaber 9 but not the 9FL, so I really cannot compare it with that racket, but looking at the Yonex chart and the repulsion, it's also not the 9FL. The Tour is stiffer.

Because the rackets felt very light headed, I decided to string one with BG66U on the ARC3T and the other (ARC2T) with NBG98 as reference because my ARC7 and 10 are both strung with NBG98 and work very well. I was a little disappointed in tension because the max string tension for the Tour rackets was only 9,5 kg. Since my reference is 11 kg, I took the risk and strung them at 10,5 kg.

After a few strokes with the Arcsaber 10 and 7, it was time to play with the ARC3Tour. When you are used to the ARC7, you notice the lite weight of the ARC3Tour. There is a noticeable difference, and when I started to clear, it's also clear these rackets need another approach. It's not that the timing is different, but they are less powerful. Playing with the wrist, compensates this, and I could clear as deep but with a different technique. When it comes to smashes, I really like the BG66U on this racket. Although it dampened some vibrations, the sound is fantastic! But power wise, it's not as powerful as the Arcsaber 7. The strong points for the Arcsaber 3 Tour is in it's maneuverability and it's accuracy. From all the Arcsabers I have, the Tour series are definitely the fastest and have the best control. Just like all ranges (Voltric, Armortecs and Nanospeeds) you have power rackets and control (head lighter) rackets. The Tour series are from the last category. So I really liked the ARC3T, but when I picked up the ARC2Tour, I was really amazed by the power of this racket. Not only was this a lighter racket and faster than the ARC3Tour, it was also more powerful which surprised me. It can be due to the different string, but it can also be the stiffer shaft playing parts of the perfect balance between the flex and repulsion. I manage to get more power out of the Arcsaber 2 Tour. Because of the thin frame and therefore lighter balance, this racket is the fastest Arcsaber I have at this moment.

I really like these rackets, since it can easily replace some Nanospeed rackets I have. I still think the Nanospeed 9900 is better in terms of power, but I would take the ARC2Tour as a more defensive racket. The light weight also has it's con's. Because of the lower max tension, it may not be advisable as a doubles racket. But as a single racket, it may come short when it comes to pure power. Especially the ARC2Tour should be very fragile because of the thin frame. On the other hand, these are not very expensive rackets, but still it's something to keep in mind. Both rackets are very easy to play with, so I think these are very allround rackets and very worth having if you love the Arcsaber series. But if you like power rackets, it's best to stay away.

14. highway04

highway04 New Member

automotive instructor
    Arcsaber 2 tour out sold 3 tour at my local yonex shop for MYR200 w/o string.. Manage to get the last pieces... I guess due to the color n matte finishing...can't give much review thou cuz tis is my 1st yonex racquet... strung it with BG66UM 22ibs.. playing double most of the time... and tis racquet is one of the most affordable japan made yonex racquet... I love the racquet thou... but sort of tiring after 3 consecutive smash... maybe I should lower the string tension abit...

15. Naruto3650

Naruto3650 New Member

I have just bought my arcsaber 2 tour racket at chris sports here in the ph. The sales lady told me that yonex can hold tension plus 6 its recommended so they have told me i can strung it 30 tension max. I have put 28 tension on my racquet and it felt really good. I love this racquet and i also go 20% discount so not bad :) my string is ashaway brand. :) ill post my experience with this racquet maybe next week. This is a very good and japan made racquet. I have confidence with japan made items because of the quality unlike china brands. Im not racist just saying. Stick with the brand
    That has reputation through the years.. Yey yonex

16. dollargood

dollargood Regular Member

so arc 2 tour is like arc 10?

17. CarbonexFan

No. The Arc2T is a very head light Arcsaber as the Arcsaber 10 is more a headheavy arcsaber. They are not the same and play different. But if you can handle an Arcsaber, the Arcsaber 2 Tour is more a defensive Arcsaber and I would say the ARC10 is more an offensive one.

18. Naruto3650

Naruto3650 New Member

I second the motion on what carbon said. This racquet is fast
    And really good for defense just
    Right for my style i think but i don't have the arc saber 10 so i might be wrong.

19. CameronSmart

CameronSmart New Member

Student
    Arc3T

Had my Arc3T since August when the last of my MP99s broke :( (irreplaceable I have come to accept that) and I have played a lot with it and I really like it! I wasn't looking for much of a change from the MP99 when I set out for a new racket but I have a friend who distributes Yonex in Scotland and he gave me the Arc3T for a really good price (so I have no idea of the rrp or what it's going for in shops..sorry) as he said he really liked it and thought it would suit my style of play (nice way of saying.. look Cameron, you have a god awful smash just stick to the net).

Strung at 23lbs and you get a really nice clean clears and smashes. People have been saying to me that they the Arc3T feels head heavy which I cannot agree with! It says Even Balance, granted I like a towel grip which obviously changes the balance point, however, I cannot say it is head heavy.

I was quite shocked how easy it is to move the racket quickly particularly for defensive doubles play, I was able to reach more shots than before and net play is effortless. I couldn't recommend the Arc3T to any big hitters as it isn't a racket which gives a noticeable difference to your smash. However, other people have said that it is poor for smashing, which I would also not agree with. I find myself being very direct and accurate with my smashes which makes up for the marginal power loss. I played a singles tournament using the racket recently and I am not gonna lie it was exhausting!

The racket is also nice to look at and has a weirdly thin shaft which makes it bend scary amount! I got my friend to video my smash using coaches eye and we played it back... worth a try if you own a Arc3T it's brilliant! Even with the more headlight balance than i'm used to the racket makes you look like you know what you are doing.

All in all I have to say it's a nice racket to play with :)

Arc3T 2.jpg Arc3T 3.jpg Arc3T 4.jpg

20. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member