User Tag List

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peter Gade - The winner is always right [book]

Just read a book will be released about Peter Gade on October 16th titled: ”Peter Gade – Vinderen har altid ret”

Name:  vinderen_har_altid_ret-21390130-frntl.jpg
Views: 3149
Size:  40.2 KB

Preview: http://www.lr-web.dk/YBooks/lindhard...ret/index.html

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The Winner is always right"?.... Until he retires and goes home; then he finds out that it's his wife who is always 'right'. ;-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    "The Winner is always right"?.... Until he retires and goes home; then he finds out that it's his wife who is always 'right'. ;-)
    Before marriage, the boyfriend is always right...after marriage, it goes downhill and the wifey is always right

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But seriously, this would be an interesting book. Will the English version be coming soon?And he'd be wise to publish it in Mandarin , too.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing the wifey has already left the building then . His house was for sale as well last time I checked, looks quite nice actually but decorated a little too much catalogue for my taste .
    I'm sure he wouldn't have been the one to come up with that title anyway , but a mandarin version would be a very good idea besides english ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-10-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, first LD, then LCW, now PG. Which other MS player is next to write a memoir? Taufik?
    Last edited by visor; 10-10-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Btw that's a really strange title.... is he implying that LCW and LD are always right?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear, I wasn't aware about the wife thing. Very sorry for my first post.

A book about Peter will be a very good seller. He comes across as that rarity in sport -- the great player whom even the fans of his opponents can love.

One can also believe that Peter might be the sort of player who would make a great coach. Not all gifted athletes can make that transition after retirement.

Picture new Coach LCW: "Well kids, it's all quite easy. Just do 10000 sit-ups, practice 3 against 1 for four hours, maintain 0.1% body fat, and forsake all earthly pleasures until you are World #1."

Or Coach Taufik? "Kids, it's all in the timing. There, are we done yet? I got this ... thing I gotta go do."

Good luck to Mr. Gade and his book.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Fidget;1981507] Picture new Coach LCW: "Well kids, it's all quite easy. Just do 10000 sit-ups, practice 3 against 1 for four hours, maintain 0.1% body fat, and forsake all earthly pleasures until you are World #1."

Agree with most what you say above except for the part ...."forsake all earthly pleasures until you are World #1", errr...how do you know that Dato can do that?, that takes a lot of inner 'tahan' kung fu you know

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One can also believe that Peter might be the sort of player who would make a great coach. Not all gifted athletes can make that transition after retirement.

Picture new Coach LCW: "Well kids, it's all quite easy. Just do 10000 sit-ups, practice 3 against 1 for four hours, maintain 0.1% body fat, and forsake all earthly pleasures until you are World #1."

Or Coach Taufik? "Kids, it's all in the timing. There, are we done yet? I got this ... thing I gotta go do."

On that note: the Danish federation has a vacancy for assistant-headcoach with the bald guy you might have seen on tv taking a position elsewhere after 3 years (Claus Poulsen) and Gade was under consideration at least for the meanwhile. But he is declining and instead in talks with the federation to start a training center in the greater Copenhagen area to train potential national team talents.
    The traveling and being away from home so many days one if not the main reason for declining the assistant position.

http://tv2sport.dk/gade-vil-ikke-vaere-landstraener

On a sidenote: Poulsen was assigned to BoMoe so they are without in the meanwhile. Also Tine Rasmussen-Baun might retire by the end of the year already instead of her "dream" of one last All England appearance ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-11-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exciting news, been waiting for this book since i heard rumours about it on Badzine. Surely an English version will follow, i dont have time to learn Danish.

I know Taufik published an Indonesian only book after he won his olympic gold

Didnt know Lin Dan had released one? any details on it

And of course there is Saniahs coach Gopichand who released a book a while back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1753
Size:  26.4 KB

Unfortunately seems to be true about him and his wife seperating which is really unfortunate. Sad to see him retire. I Remember watching videos of him against people like Chen Hong when I was a kid at summer badminton camps and being hooked.

He's a friend of a friend if you wonder how I got to his personal facebook.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh No.. Then it should be definitely unfortunate for him. Youngsters are coming up from Denmark . But he is a legend in the badminton circuit. He had been in the top 6 or 7 in world rankings for long long time. I miss him hereafter. Nice gentleman.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter The Great Gade, need I say more.

If anyone comes across excerpts of his book in English online,please post the links, thank you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mundane View Post
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1753
Size:  26.4 KB

Unfortunately seems to be true about him and his wife seperating which is really unfortunate. Sad to see him retire. I Remember watching videos of him against people like Chen Hong when I was a kid at summer badminton camps and being hooked.

He's a friend of a friend if you wonder how I got to his personal facebook.
    It is true & the news already published by one of the Europe BC members. I remember reading it's already officially signed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coach LCW - 'Run 30 laps in the hot noon sun with jacket on, like my sifu(Misbun did that, dubbed crazy coach). 3 vs 1 not enough, must be 4 or 5 vs 1. Sup Sup water only, I can do it, you can. Dare to lose, then can be King.' The students, these days that is, will faint on the spot, hahaha.

Uncle PG will be a more patient coach.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 11-03-2012 at 05:47 AM.