Peter Gade - The winner is always right [book]

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by demolidor, Oct 10, 2012.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

"The Winner is always right"?.... Until he retires and goes home; then he finds out that it's his wife who is always 'right'. ;-)

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Before marriage, the boyfriend is always right...after marriage, it goes downhill and the wifey is always right:D

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

But seriously, this would be an interesting book. Will the English version be coming soon?And he'd be wise to publish it in Mandarin , too.

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Good thing the wifey has already left the building then ;). His house was for sale as well last time I checked, looks quite nice actually but decorated a little too much catalogue for my taste [​IMG].
    I'm sure he wouldn't have been the one to come up with that title anyway :D, but a mandarin version would be a very good idea besides english ...

#5 demolidor, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  6. visor

visor Regular Member

So, first LD, then LCW, now PG. Which other MS player is next to write a memoir? Taufik? ;)

#6 visor, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  7. visor

visor Regular Member

Btw that's a really strange title.... is he implying that LCW and LD are always right? ;)

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Oh dear, I wasn't aware about the wife thing. Very sorry for my first post. :(

A book about Peter will be a very good seller. He comes across as that rarity in sport -- the great player whom even the fans of his opponents can love. :)

One can also believe that Peter might be the sort of player who would make a great coach. Not all gifted athletes can make that transition after retirement.

Picture new Coach LCW: "Well kids, it's all quite easy. Just do 10000 sit-ups, practice 3 against 1 for four hours, maintain 0.1% body fat, and forsake all earthly pleasures until you are World #1."

Or Coach Taufik? "Kids, it's all in the timing. There, are we done yet? I got this ... thing I gotta go do."

Good luck to Mr. Gade and his book.

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

On that note: the Danish federation has a vacancy for assistant-headcoach with the bald guy you might have seen on tv taking a position elsewhere after 3 years (Claus Poulsen) and Gade was under consideration at least for the meanwhile. But he is declining and instead in talks with the federation to start a training center in the greater Copenhagen area to train potential national team talents.
    The traveling and being away from home so many days one if not the main reason for declining the assistant position.

http://tv2sport.dk/gade-vil-ikke-vaere-landstraener

On a sidenote: Poulsen was assigned to BoMoe so they are without in the meanwhile. Also Tine Rasmussen-Baun might retire by the end of the year already instead of her "dream" of one last All England appearance ...

#10 demolidor, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  11. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Exciting news, been waiting for this book since i heard rumours about it on Badzine. Surely an English version will follow, i dont have time to learn Danish.

I know Taufik published an Indonesian only book after he won his olympic gold

Didnt know Lin Dan had released one? any details on it

And of course there is Saniahs coach Gopichand who released a book a while back

12. Mundane

Mundane Regular Member

Capture.jpg

Unfortunately seems to be true about him and his wife seperating which is really unfortunate. Sad to see him retire. I Remember watching videos of him against people like Chen Hong when I was a kid at summer badminton camps and being hooked.

He's a friend of a friend if you wonder how I got to his personal facebook.

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Oh No.. Then it should be definitely unfortunate for him. Youngsters are coming up from Denmark . But he is a legend in the badminton circuit. He had been in the top 6 or 7 in world rankings for long long time. I miss him hereafter. Nice gentleman.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Peter The Great Gade, need I say more.

If anyone comes across excerpts of his book in English online,please post the links, thank you.

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It is true & the news already published by one of the Europe BC members. I remember reading it's already officially signed.

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Coach LCW - 'Run 30 laps in the hot noon sun with jacket on, like my sifu(Misbun did that, dubbed crazy coach). 3 vs 1 not enough, must be 4 or 5 vs 1. Sup Sup water only, I can do it, you can. Dare to lose, then can be King.' The students, these days that is, will faint on the spot, hahaha.

Uncle PG will be a more patient coach.:D

#16 eaglehelang, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012