User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yonex ArcSaber Z-Slash vs Victor Bravesword LYD

I am a z-slash user and have a set of z-slashes for my game, but I have recently looked at the BS-LYD and it looks hella nice. Looking at the specs and is pretty close to what I get from the z-slash. So I just want to get it to mess around with it.

It is really tempting to get the racket because that's right up my alley in terms of what i want with a racket. Not too stiff .... fast swing.... slightly head heavy for the extra power.... I am mostly a doubles player with a fairly decent smash....

How would you guys compare both the rackets? Quality and playability. I don't know if I can justify getting something China Made while its almost the same price as Yonex and they're all japan made.

Another question is Grip size and weight....what should i get? All my rackets are 3U4G.... i know the victors of weird sizing comparing to the Yonex....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own and use BS LYD as my main racquet atm; my partner possess a z-slash TH.

I uses both racquet before and got the chance to compared them side by side.

1st of all i'm to clarify, if u are looking for a smash racquet, forget BS LYD. It totally not what u looking for. Its fairly stiff but not as stiff as AZTH, my BS LYD is at 295bp with overgrip+original grip intact. While my friend's AZTH is definitely more than 300bp. Both heads are fairly equal in size.

Verdict:
    Smash power AZTH>>>>BSLYD
    Maneuverability BSLYD>AZTH
    Defense BSLYD>AZTH

Suggestion: From what I've seen from what u are looking for, "not too stiff", "fast swing", "slightly head heavy", "doubles player", you should really look into Victor mx70/london/JJS, or the yonex voltric z-force.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i have both and to me the z slash has more flex than the victor. when i used the yonex i could actually feel that the head frame is following where i'm swinging, so while using the z slash, i had to adjust my swing speed. on the other hand, i find the victor a bit more stiff, where i wouldn't notice the head frame lagging behind if and when i want to whip the racket for a shot.

overall, somehow i find myself getting a lot more power from flexible shaft, so i was able to generate a lot more power from the z slash than the victor...but i would def use the victor even for doubles because of the stiffness which affects my response time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the z-force. that thing is too heavy and stiff for me. From previous shoulder injuries I don't think that racket is too suitable for me. In terms of Grip size for the Victor LYD. which should I get? If I am used to 3U4G yonex.

I was at the badminton club the other day and was looking at the LYD. The 4U2G is pretty heavy I find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ikki9394 View Post
    I own and use BS LYD as my main racquet atm; my partner possess a z-slash TH.

I uses both racquet before and got the chance to compared them side by side.

1st of all i'm to clarify, if u are looking for a smash racquet, forget BS LYD. It totally not what u looking for. Its fairly stiff but not as stiff as AZTH, my BS LYD is at 295bp with overgrip+original grip intact. While my friend's AZTH is definitely more than 300bp. Both heads are fairly equal in size.

Verdict:
    Smash power AZTH>>>>BSLYD
    Maneuverability BSLYD>AZTH
    Defense BSLYD>AZTH

Suggestion: From what I've seen from what u are looking for, "not too stiff", "fast swing", "slightly head heavy", "doubles player", you should really look into Victor mx70/london/JJS, or the yonex voltric z-force.
    Just curious. Is the difference in smash power between the AZTH and the BSLYD very noticeable? Because I'm also looking to make the transition from AZTH to a Victor equivalent for both Singles and Doubles.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Friend : if u prefer victor , u try MX 80 , yonex u try Z force.. both packs power, and MX 80 is cheaper than Z force, value for money ..

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you can handle the ZF, then you will have a pack of power.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried the Voltric Z-Force and loved it, the power from it is awesome! I would buy if I had lots of money but sadly I don't
    I recommend you try and see how you feel with the racket

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    I have tried the Voltric Z-Force and loved it, the power from it is awesome! I would buy if I had lots of money but sadly I don't
    Time to start saving

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to play with Z-slash until I made the bold move to Victor Lyd...

Personally I find the Victor much more accommodating, especially in doubles and more forgiving. It is quite stiff, slightly head heavy. Fairly similar in terms of specs and I get good amount of power from it when smashing and in defense it is awesome because it's so quick. For me the Z slash requires much more time to be tamed which is why I was hesitant to change at first but I haven't regretted it since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saiko21 View Post
    I used to play with Z-slash until I made the bold move to Victor Lyd...

Personally I find the Victor much more accommodating, especially in doubles and more forgiving. It is quite stiff, slightly head heavy. Fairly similar in terms of specs and I get good amount of power from it when smashing and in defense it is awesome because it's so quick. For me the Z slash requires much more time to be tamed which is why I was hesitant to change at first but I haven't regretted it since.
    How does the racket fair in Singles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm its definitely a doubles racket as far as my experience goes. I prefer to use the Z slash for singles as it is slightly heavier. Victor lyd is taylor made for doubles using it in singles just feels like it's lacking something.