Results 1 to 1 of 1
10-13-2012, 10:45 PM #1
Federation of Badminton Clubs Trillium Grant APPLICATION - Meeting
Sunday, Oct 21, 2012:
Location: Markham District High School (cafeteria), 89 Church Street, Markham
Time: 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm (Immediately following TO2015 PAN AM - Badminton Presentation)
The Ontario Trillium Foundation provide grants to enable community group such as Federation of Badminton Clubs to work together to enhance the quality of life in our community. In 2011/2012, the Ontario Trillium Foundation funded over $24M to the sport and recreational sector.
The Federation of Badminton Clubs will be putting our resources together to apply for a Trillium Grant to build a Badminton Legacy in the York Region.
The Trillium grant will fund an organization:
- A maximum of $150,000 ONE TIME, capital fund
- $75,000 operational yearly fund, up to a maximum of 5 years (total $375K)
Some example of fund granted:
- The Canadian Chinese Table Tennis Association had received over $118,000
- 5 soccer clubs in the York Region had received up to a total of $800,000
A few of us at the FBC Board had work diligently for the last 2 years to understand what we have to do to successfully apply for the Trillium grant. We have designed an implementable and sustainable programs under the Long Term Athlete Developmental Model to achieve result.
The model will be presented at our meeting, along with a questionnaire to understand your club needs so your club can have access to the fund too, provided we get the fund.
At a high level, we will be applying for the following:
- Hiring of a Technical Director under FBC to run programs, develop coaches and official
- Fund for coaches development. Eg. How many coaches in your club would you be putting through NCCP training? The fund will pay your club to do this.
- Uniform for all the team who will be playing the FBC League, including a Youth League which will start in 2013.
- Shuttlecock for League Play
- Training Equipment for ACTIVE START and Fundamental programs. EG. Short racquets, shadow trainers, bird feeders and etc.
All teams who played in the FBC League are automatically part of the FBC and will have access to the fund. If your club does not play in the league, it will only cost your club $20 a year to be a member of the FBC.
As stated by our FBCs vision, we are here to build badminton, we are not interested in your money. We believe the money need to come outside of badminton to build badminton. We only want your time, dedication and passion to make a difference.
I hope to see you all the meeting. If you have any question, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org