User Tag List

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9th of January confirmed to have stock for TK8000, interested please whatapps ME Jyno @ 012-905.2342 for pre-order. Deposit RM100.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any review so far for the racquet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never own this racket. I think it will take some time to adjust the catapult technology. Just look at Ko Sung Hyun play, his smash is not great and sharp as JJS. Normally quite flat too. Me too waiting for someone review at here.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ython View Post
    I never own this racket. I think it will take some time to adjust the catapult technology. Just look at Ko Sung Hyun play, his smash is not great and sharp as JJS. Normally quite flat too. Me too waiting for someone review at here.
    LoL. I find it pretty funny how many get confused by JJS's high jumps - he did NOT get great angles. He got good ones, but he was just too small to get the same steep angles Ko often gets. Not saying either one is better or worse, but it gets annoying that ppl put Jung on a pedestal and criticize Ko without reason (his smash is definitely nothing to laugh at or criticize).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also considering Ko is about 10 years younger..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About 6, I think - a couple months older than LYD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who feel the TK8000 is not stiff enough, there's an alternative which is the Legend II. It uses exactly the same technology as the TK8000 but it stiffer and head heavier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his smash is definitely nothing to laugh at or criticize
    Shoulda heard the smashes coming from his racket in the Korea Open ... Man, I haven't heard smashes sound so good ... ever ...

Though it might just have been the mic, but the commentators commented upon it too

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    LoL. I find it pretty funny how many get confused by JJS's high jumps - he did NOT get great angles. He got good ones, but he was just too small to get the same steep angles Ko often gets. Not saying either one is better or worse, but it gets annoying that ppl put Jung on a pedestal and criticize Ko without reason (his smash is definitely nothing to laugh at or criticize).
    if Ko partner with Lee as long as J has, i think Ko will be better than J just because he can be more physical in the back with Lee in the front. i am excited about this pair even tho i'm a big fan of FHF/CY. i do think Ko/Lee will start to dominate this year as in winning the majority of the matches even if CBA don't withdraw from matches at all. but that's just my opinion of course.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

you also have to realized that Victor (and other brands) customize their rackets for their star players. so likely you won't be using the same exact spec as that Ko will be using. but then, we don't exactly play like Ko either...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    you also have to realized that Victor (and other brands) customize their rackets for their star players. so likely you won't be using the same exact spec as that Ko will be using. but then, we don't exactly play like Ko either...
    how does victor customize their rackets for their sponsored players?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    how does victor customize their rackets for their sponsored players?
    Exactly how the sponsored players want them It's likely (but not sure) that stars like LYD/KSH use rackets with different specs than the market version, for example LYD might use a stiffer, head heavier version of the Bs12 while Ko might have his K-8000 modified to be only a tad stiffer....many aren't too picky about the rackets though. It's really only the huge stars that get serious modifications, and over here in Europe they all use standard fare (which is completely sufficient - if you've got a class A sponsoring contract you basically have a limitless supply of rackets!).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Exactly how the sponsored players want them It's likely (but not sure) that stars like LYD/KSH use rackets with different specs than the market version, for example LYD might use a stiffer, head heavier version of the Bs12 while Ko might have his K-8000 modified to be only a tad stiffer....many aren't too picky about the rackets though. It's really only the huge stars that get serious modifications, and over here in Europe they all use standard fare (which is completely sufficient - if you've got a class A sponsoring contract you basically have a limitless supply of rackets!).
    maybe victor and yonex and li ning have different contracts in terms of customizations to their products but i would think if anyone who showed us that there's very little customizations it would be lin dan since he used both yonex and li ning and he still needs to put lead tape on his racket. if he was able to customize it then he wouldn't need to put tape on his past yonex and now li nings?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i dont' know the details but there are certainly limits on what they can do.

if LD wants a super heavy racket equivalent to adding lead tape, Yonex may or may not able to do that. coz they may need to change the mold in order to accommodate the extra material. or the lead tape customization made by LD was experimental and will take too long a turnaround to go through Yonex.

i have been shown a racket that someone obtained directly from TH. and the racket is a repaint of another model and the grip size is G6.

i have also been told that LYD gets various specs of rackets and he can pick and choose which spec he likes to use. he probably has the liberty to choose which ever model and specs as he see fit on that day, depending on his form and his opponents.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i dont' know the details but there are certainly limits on what they can do.

if LD wants a super heavy racket equivalent to adding lead tape, Yonex may or may not able to do that. coz they may need to change the mold in order to accommodate the extra material. or the lead tape customization made by LD was experimental and will take too long a turnaround to go through Yonex.

i have been shown a racket that someone obtained directly from TH. and the racket is a repaint of another model and the grip size is G6.

i have also been told that LYD gets various specs of rackets and he can pick and choose which spec he likes to use. he probably has the liberty to choose which ever model and specs as he see fit on that day, depending on his form and his opponents.
    G6, talk about small hands, or tremendous grip strength!!!

it's a good point you've made about LYD choosing different specs of the racket the day of the tournament, because it does makes sense...something i've never thought of, but very intuitive indeed!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SolsticeOfLight View Post
    Shoulda heard the smashes coming from his racket in the Korea Open ... Man, I haven't heard smashes sound so good ... ever ...

Though it might just have been the mic, but the commentators commented upon it too
    That racket must be great. To think that it produces an incredible smashing sound when he's using the Bs12 in the match, surely it's a new era..... *sarcasmoff
    He used the Bs12 for the entire match.

maybe victor and yonex and li ning have different contracts in terms of customizations to their products but i would think if anyone who showed us that there's very little customizations it would be lin dan since he used both yonex and li ning and he still needs to put lead tape on his racket. if he was able to customize it then he wouldn't need to put tape on his past yonex and now li nings?
    I've read that LD just likes to do it that way, even though LN offered to build the racket with specs that would practically imitate a lead taped AT700/N90 as we have it now. But someone stated that he likes to put on the athletic (not lead!) tape as part of the customization process that includes putting on the grip which every serious player has for their rackets.
    For example, I strip the racket bare, put a layer of insulation tape on the wood, add some athletic tape at the bottom of the handle for a slight edge/bulge, and put on the towel grip in a fashion that creates certain landmarks on the grip. While I am able to play with other/differently gripped rackets, this is the most comfortable way and in a serious, tight match the landmarks help me handle/grip the racket appropriately almost unconsciously.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G6, talk about small hands, or tremendous grip strength!!!

it's a good point you've made about LYD choosing different specs of the racket the day of the tournament, because it does makes sense...something i've never thought of, but very intuitive indeed!!!
    Smaller grips don't really need more grip strength - they just give you more room for the gripping action. Too small might decrease your control though as it might slip through your fingers in certain situations...
    Also, I believe most pros will have a batch of rackets of one model with very very similar specs and not change very often. Changing the racket to accommodate your form is risky as it may be unfamiliar and at the level they play at, that can prove fatal. Anyone else ever see Lin Dan change the racket and search for over a minute for one that's practically the same as the last? He's probably one of the pickiest guys out there, but it seems to me he wouldn't bother unless he wants his specs to be consistent.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast