User Tag List

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cycril View Post
    lesson learned, but technically, stiffer racket generates more power right? i thought Ko just switched to bs12 since the Korea open this month right?
    I'd guess a flexible shaft generates more power due its greater "catapult effect"
    On the other hand I could imagine that wrist smashes are more powerful with stiffer rackets because wrist smashes doesn't have enough swing length(?) to gain the catapult effect from a flexible shaft.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lesson learned, but technically, stiffer racket generates more power right? i thought Ko just switched to bs12 since the Korea open this month right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    I'd guess a flexible shaft generates more power due its greater "catapult effect"
    On the other hand I could imagine that wrist smashes are more powerful with stiffer rackets because wrist smashes doesn't have enough swing length(?) to gain the catapult effect from a flexible shaft.
    It depends completely on the player. A stiffer shaft will require a bigger acceleration than a softer one to bend (generally referred to as 'quick swing'). A racket generates power by the shaft being bent back first and unwinding when the acceleration drops and by the strings being pushed back by the shuttle and then swinging back.
    What this means is that you'll only benefit from a stiffer shaft (power-wise) when you are able to accelerate the racket quickly so that it's actually being bent back and time it so that when it swings forward again, it hits the shuttle just when it is back to it's normal straight form (after which it'll actually bend forward, but that slows the head speed).
    A heavier head can help bend a stiff shaft because it creates a bigger counter-weight at the top (moment of inertia is bigger).

Now, the power you can produce depends solely on the racket head's momentum (which is the product of it's speed and mass). This is why for some people head heavy rackets are more powerful than head lighter ones, despite their obviously slower swing speed - the head lighter models don't have the same mass and thus their momentum can be smaller.

The strings factor in as well, but this is where I'm not quite sure what factors into the equasion anymore. The swing speed is very important, but the racket head mass could be a factor as well. Generally speaking, the faster your swing, the harder you can string your racket, as you can push back the strings further than with a slower swing. The harder the strings, the shorter the contact with the shuttle, so the correct timing and a high racket head speed get more and more important the harder you string.

Technically, the head heavier and stiffer a racket is, the more POTENTIAL it has. You can potentially create most power with a very stiff, very head heavy racket, but would need a big amount of both force (to move the big weight) and explosive speed (to create the high acceleration needed to bend the shaft). Usually, people have more of one than the other (strength or explosive acceleration) and thus prefer certain types of rackets (for me, that is slightly head heavy, medium to slightly stiff shaft). Also, the higher control of stiffer rackets appeals to some despite them having more power with other rackets (or a prominent player using one model is the reason they get it, but that means they have no real personal preference and are perhaps not even good enough to notice a difference between rackets).

Also, Ko used the Bs12 in some of the French Open matches. Not sure if he ran out of his TK-8000 prototypes and had to borrow from Lee or if he wanted to change already.
    Last edited by j4ckie; 01-15-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by concretemad View Post
    how do this medium flex and HH suit a smasher like ko? really puzzled and start to b convinced that pro has their racket tweaked. but seen his partner yoo flex the bs12, it look really quite flexi.
    Well..medium flex doesnt meant that you cant produce a powerful smash.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor TK8000 TW Coded has been arrived. First touch on hand, it is as soft as BS12, very similar feeling but can feel the head is much more heavy. Don't have much details as haven't string to play yet, will try to string tonight and have few games.
    Name:  TK8000 Detail.jpg
Views: 2166
Size:  85.8 KB

------------------------------------------------------------
    Jyno
    Hi Badminton Online
    http://www.facebook.com/HiBadmintonOnline

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After tried out, giving some opinions about this new toy.

1. Balance point is about 305~310
    2. Flex is quite similar to BS12 feeling
    3. Head is quite heavy actually.

So experienced that racket with a few games in two days. On the first day, almost all the smash are not passed the net, it is very very hard control. If pass the net also will be quite high, doesn't really look like a smash. Double serving also another problem, always make the shuttle too far away from the front line or the shuttle too high, so quite terrible on the first day as really not used to that style.

On the second day continue to try, and this times smashing improved as already used to the racket may be, but still are not easy to control for net and drop, I guess my talent required more time for me about this racket. However, today the smash is quite powerful and fast, at least faster than my old time with JJS. Drive also improve a lot with the speed just too much mistakes, sometimes power up sometimes power low.

As a result for these two days, feeling like this is a great racket definitely, but required some times to get used to it. From the first day to second day I have feeling much better, hopefully on the next game can used it as normal.

Jyno
    Hi Badminton Online

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loneboy62 View Post

So experienced that racket with a few games in two days. On the first day, almost all the smash are not passed the net, it is very very hard control. If pass the net also will be quite high, doesn't really look like a smash. Double serving also another problem, always make the shuttle too far away from the front line or the shuttle too high, so quite terrible on the first day as really not used to that style.

On the second day continue to try, and this times smashing improved as already used to the racket may be, but still are not easy to control for net and drop, I guess my talent required more time for me about this racket. However, today the smash is quite powerful and fast, at least faster than my old time with JJS. Drive also improve a lot with the speed just too much mistakes, sometimes power up sometimes power low.

As a result for these two days, feeling like this is a great racket definitely, but required some times to get used to it. From the first day to second day I have feeling much better, hopefully on the next game can used it as normal.

Jyno
    Hi Badminton Online
    Maybe you're not used to HH rackets, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jyno
    Hi Badminton Online
    may i know wad string u strung with and how u grip ur tk8000 ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you're not used to HH rackets, right?
    I think is because of too flex.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemollin View Post
    may i know wad string u strung with and how u grip ur tk8000 ?
    2 with Ng98, 1 with bg66um, 1 with VS850. I normally used that ng98 that 1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tk-8000

Hey guys, so it seems like Victor is working on a new racket! For you, fans of vt 80 z slash z force and other monster smash rackets, it looks like victor is preparing a gift...anyone has info or heard of a date for this racket to come out? How do you imagine its configurations?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol its already selling in malaysia-.-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D=
    Canada is a bit slower on news...have you tried it?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit:thanks for the merge or w.e =D
    Last edited by victorgabriel1; 01-26-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jyno
    Hi Badminton Online
    You using 3U or 4U?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow, this racket have same feel with SuperWave 35. Only much more power when do smash. Even this racket caming in 3U/ 91 gr but manuver very fast. Another Superb racket from Victor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BengGuan View Post
    Somehow, this racket have same feel with SuperWave 35. Only much more power when do smash. Even this racket caming in 3U/ 91 gr but manuver very fast. Another Superb racket from Victor.
    Same feel??? I thought it should some how have different feel as it is mid stiff compared to SW35.. wish I can try one... :P

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast