User Tag List

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very liely that i will be reviewing this racket very soon. I am currently testing the Lightfighter series and then will see what else there is to test in Victor range.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone compare this TK-8000 to the MX-60 or MX-80 please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Order on its way!! Ill also be reviewing this very soon. I have mx80 too so I can make a simple comparison between thruster and mx80. I can als9 compare it to vt80 since mx80 and vt80 are imhp very similar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this racket much more suitable for single player rather than double player

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    Order on its way!! Ill also be reviewing this very soon. I have mx80 too so I can make a simple comparison between thruster and mx80. I can als9 compare it to vt80 since mx80 and vt80 are imhp very similar.
    VT80 and MX80 are very very very different...the Voltric is very noticeably head heavier and softer. TBH there's no Yonex racket that's similar to the Mx80 and no Victor racket that's close to the head heavy Voltrics. Perhaps the TK8000 might be similar to the VT70, but I haven't seen anyone compare the two so I can only guess...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to know it compare with the VT80

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received this racket 2 weeks ago and after frequent use, I am certainly impressed. My overall power has increased (from smashes and drives) due to the added acceleration of the racket-head. However, I noticed back hand strokes are difficult to execute accurately, which may be an issue of technique. Defense performs fairly well and since I transitioned from the VT 70, there was hardly any difference in timing since rackets are similar. One aesthetic and quality concern is paint-chipping, though. I haven't clashed rackets with a partner before but I noticed a chip from an unknown cause (potentially induced by shuttle contact or floor).

I use this racket for singles explicitly and I rate it 8.5/10. I hope my concise review provides insight to potential buyers.
    Last edited by sraoo; 03-22-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I recently received 3 Victor TK8000s, I've switched over from Yonex Armortec 700s which I've been using for the past 5 or so years.
    My first impression of them was that they were very light weight, compared to my Armortecs but the flexibility is about the same. The weight in theory should be the same as all my racquets are 3Us but the distribution of the weight felt more even balanced then heavy balanced compared to my AT700s.
    As commented by another poster, the paint chips very easily on this racquet, I have one that is already chipped in a few spots, but I am uncertain whether it was from mishits or I got them like that.. I guess I didn't thoroughly inspect all 3 of them lol.. -.-

Onto actual game time, I string my racquets at 29x31lbs with VS-850, using a towel grip (not really sure if anyone cares lol). I came from using AT700s with BG80/65 so it's not a direct comparison as I've switched strings but it should give a general indication of how the racquet performs.
    Drives- were easy to do with the lighter feel of the racquet, nothing to really complain or brag about here.
    Clears- About the same as usual as well, nothing really distinguishing but overall good.
    Drops- Same as the above
    Defense- Perhaps this was a bit easier then my AT700 just due to it being more balanced but I wouldn't say its a significant increase lol.
    Smashes- Now this is really where I noticed a difference, not necessarily the power of my smashes but the weight of the racquet. I was getting good smashes out of the racquet, though I was finding it to be very light after trying out an AT900P.

Overall I think its a very good racquet, I don't feel like I've lost anything switching to the TK8000 from my AT700. However, I am a firm believer in equipment not really making much of a difference in your performance and more so to your skill. So don't go out buying this racquet thinking you'll smash harder or anything, however if you're looking to try out something new or would like an awesome looking racquet, then the TK8000 is a good choice lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is sad to hear many complains about the paint easily chip off... what a letdown...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about rackets having some magical ability to make you smash harder or defend better or whatever, but finding a racket that supports your playing style and physiology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    It's not about rackets having some magical ability to make you smash harder or defend better or whatever, but finding a racket that supports your playing style and physiology.
    Many ppl fell into the marketing gimmick... the catapult effect which makes you able to smash harder!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

non of the rackets come with prefect ability. Choose the right racket for your playing style and make it more advantage in your game.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike

i totally agree! I've been saying this for years.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davlee View Post
    It is sad to hear many complains about the paint easily chip off... what a letdown...
    Yeah..quality control??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got the Victor Thruster! Anyone need more pictures or is it enough on the thread? I can take some pictures tonight and do a review next week!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got the Victor Thruster! Anyone need more pictures or is it enough on the thread? I can take some pictures tonight and do a review next week!
    If you can take pictures of the shaft that would be cool. Everybody posts pictures of the head. Very excited for another review!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    If you can take pictures of the shaft that would be cool. Everybody posts pictures of the head. Very excited for another review!
    No problem. Ill take a few shots of the shaft tonight.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast