need some suggestions for new racket :)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kelvin316, Oct 15, 2012.

1. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

hi there, I'm, 20, male, a recreational player, think I'm an average player or maybe lower compare to you guys, for my playing style it's quite a dilemma because I can't really define it as I'm an overall player, I enjoy both attack and defense, I also like to play net shots and drops. more to singles but do play doubles. in terms of brand, I prefer yonex but I don't mind suggestions on other brands and my budget is around RM400 :) so yes all sifus, pros, ladies and gentleman feel free to spam, your suggestion is much appreciated. TQ

2. chng5255

chng5255 Regular Member

Arsaber 10 near perfect to you if you are willing to upgrade your budget:) otherwise you might also like used unit around your budget

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    even lower end arcsabers would suffice. if you're a beginner/rec player, then go with the arc002 which has a flexible shaft which in my opinion is very forgiving. as you improve and decides that you want to invest in the sport, then pick a more "specialized" racket that's tailored to your needs.

4. bourne007

bourne007 Regular Member

I would say that below RM400, you barely can get high end yonex racket except for those 2nd hand. Indeed the arc10 suits to your playing style but only the price might out of your range.
    May be can try to look at fleet high end triotec woven series that cost around RM300++ which is even balance type of racket.
    By the way, I am using finnex racket as well, the quality quite nice and price is reasonable as well compare to those branded stuff in the market.

5. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

+1 for Arc 002.

Other options could be NS 100 and CAB 8000 Ti. All suitable for beginner-recreational players, yet enough room to grow, and then anyway you can decide exactly what you want.

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    tho my swing speed is a bit faster now and it's quite inaccurate when i use the arc002 unless i alter the swing speed, i still find it so much fun to use because i just love the feel of "whipping" a racket. :)

7. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

alright guys, I've narrowed down my list and I'm considering one of these: yonex 3rd gen 3U ti-10 or ti-10 ltd or voltric70, any suggestions ?

8. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I don't recommend a NS100. It's for very bloody beginners or "just-for-fun-players". Okay racket for okay price.

If you're going to play badminton in a more serious way than just for fun, I'd recommend a mid-end racket at least. Arcsaber10 PG was my first racket. It matched to me well. Probably I had the same playing style like you when I was starting playing badminton more seriously :p

If there's enough budget, there's no reason to save money. It's such a big difference between a low-end and a high-end racket.
    Please mind: With a well choosen high-end racket you'll have more fun and don't need buy another one in the near future. And on the other hand: You can't blame your racket if you're playing bad :p