User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you prefer Isometric or Oval?

Voters
1438. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isometric

1,064 73.99%
  • Oval

374 26.01%
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gold- View Post
    i just wan to know is playing yonex muscle power 100 the same as playing other oval racquet.
    You are comparing an iso to an oval. What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so this means that yonex muscle power 100 athough have smaller sweetspot then other iso racquet it is still easy to play compare to a oval shape racquet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Gold-

no matter is OVAL or ISO ....if u have a good timing to hit on the sweet spot...it won't be hard to play with both racket...all is ur technique....

it's actually depend on the person....i may say oval will be play easy but someone will disagree and saying that ISO is more easy

even giving an OVAL frame racket to lin dan...within 1 month adjusted i believe he stil can get the title of champion in any competition....everything is about adjustment...u must used to the racket not the racket used to ur technique... =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Actually he's right lol xD... I just used to Iso since I've been using them for some years. But, I'd say any racket is not a problem for even Lin Dan. When he's racket broken down in some championship (forgot which one). He took sometime (maybe he's swearing to his racket so that the racket get used to him xD...) before he's back to the game (he lost 1 set using the taken racket, but he took the 3rd set).

Altough these rackets are iso, doesn't mean he can't use oval. I believe almost everyone who's good, starting their lesson from the "old-fashioned" Oval. Bad sweetspot, heavy, etc... Everything is bad this way xD...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lin dan broke his racket in the world championship final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gold- View Post
    lin dan broke his racket in the world championship final
    What does this have to do with frame design?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K4mu1 View Post
    Actually he's right lol xD... I just used to Iso since I've been using them for some years. But, I'd say any racket is not a problem for even Lin Dan. When he's racket broken down in some championship (forgot which one). He took sometime (maybe he's swearing to his racket so that the racket get used to him xD...) before he's back to the game (he lost 1 set using the taken racket, but he took the 3rd set).
    relax dude. its just off topic.

Gold- do a search. these topics are discussed again and again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am surprised at the vote

When I first posted a reply in this thread, I looked at the vote and I thought that nearly everyone would come out in favour of iso having been seduced by Yonex. It is refreshing to see that quite a few people have come out in favour of oval head racquets.

I think that recent discussions around Lin Dan's racquets are interesting, simply because it illustrates the belief by some people that the racquet is all important. I think it is important to feel comfortable using a particular racquet, and to stick with it if it works for you. There is so much more though, especially in singles... fitness, footwork, shoes, tactics... these are far more likely to win matches than racquets.

I think the game has changed so much in last 20 years since Morten Frost dominated. It is now all about attack, and possibly iso is better for this. Players rarely use the backhand clear, more inclined to a backhand drop shot and force another lift to try and kill off the point again. The 21 scoring system has certainly contributed to this IMHO.

I agree with some recent posts about hitting the sweet spot consistently, it doesn't matter whether you have oval or iso. If you hit the sweet spot, the shot will be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i speak for most people when i say that ISO heads are better than Oval heads. its easier to hit the sweet spot, but then again im a noob so what would i know really X]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being playing with ovals 99% of the time. I tried a Isometric once but I broke the frame when I wacked my partner's hand. $100 dollars gone! So I didn't get a good chance to use one.

My partner said he didn't even feel anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been playing with an oval head and i just got a ISO..... ISO got bigger but not concentrated sweet spot compare to oval ..... I will still always use oval than my ISO ..... If i can always get my smash timing right with the oval then no problem with ISO...
    But my ISO better for smash cos it is a head heavy racket ... In the end i will always use Oval just for training purpose ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jymbalaya View Post
    relax dude. its just off topic.

Gold- do a search. these topics are discussed again and again.
    Yes... sorry for being off topic T_T... I'd say Iso, bigger sweet spot, and no other weakness?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer iso it just feels more natural

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the magnum from Black Knight have an ISO shaped because of it's larger sweet spot??? How about other brands like Head and Wilson???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K4mu1 View Post

Altough these rackets are iso, doesn't mean he can't use oval. I believe almost everyone who's good, starting their lesson from the "old-fashioned" Oval. Bad sweetspot, heavy, etc... Everything is bad this way xD...
    Off Topic: It was the 2006 World Cup finals.

On Topic: I prefer an Iso shaped racket because I'm just used to playing with them (Has only half a year) I can still play well with Oval shaped rackets but it just doesn't have the same feeling, plus the sweet spot is alot bigger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    Does the magnum from Black Knight have an ISO shaped because of it's larger sweet spot??? How about other brands like Head and Wilson???
    Er i think it's the the way around
    The Black knight Magnum has a larger sweet spot then the oval shaped rackets because it's an ISO.
    All brand nowaday's (Correct me if i'm wrong) Now have ISO shaped rackets, other then the cheap dollar store rackets im using

Haha Joking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several Fireblade type from Carlton still oval head and Mizuno is combination from oval & ISO