User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you prefer Isometric or Oval?

Voters
1442. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isometric

1,068 74.06%
  • Oval

374 25.94%
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart
    This is what marriage will do to you....
    And medication and lack to Badminton play time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what marriage will do to you....
    u mean it's worst than prozac

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    u mean it's worst than prozac
    Never taken Prozac before. However here are the side effects. See Bold. Please do not delete these important info.

More common side effects may include:
    Abnormal dreams, abnormal ejaculation, abnormal vision, anxiety, diminished seex drive, dizziness, dry mouth, flu-like symptoms, flushing, gas, headache, impotence, insomnia, itching, loss of appetite, nausea, nervousness, rash, sinusitis, sleepiness, sore throat, sweating, tremors, upset stomach, vomiting, weakness, yawning.
    Last edited by silentheart; 05-15-2006 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Marriage isn't that bad is it? Brother Kwun, tell us about your experience so far in a joking way of course .

Never taken Prozac before. However here are the side effects. See Bold. Please do not delete these important info.

More common side effects may include:
    Abnormal dreams, abnormal ejaculation, abnormal vision, anxiety, diminished seex drive, dizziness, dry mouth, flu-like symptoms, flushing, gas, headache, impotence, insomnia, itching, loss of appetite, nausea, nervousness, rash, sinusitis, sleepiness, sore throat, sweating, tremors, upset stomach, vomiting, weakness, yawning.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Pete,
    After you become half of man that you use to be (ie use to be everything is yours, now it is half yours and half belone to her. In my case, she has everything), even Prozac does not help. After you get marry for 10 yrs, you get nightmare that you should have stay with your ex-girl friend (abnormal dream). No comment on the second one. Your eyes often wonder off when you see a good looking woman walking by while you should be looking at your wife (abnormal vision). She say, "Honey I am tired tonight." (Diminished SEEX drive). Why did they created the little blue pill? And I am not talking about the one Neo took in Matrix. (impotence) Every time you see the credit card bill, this is your reaction (tremors).

These are just jokes. I hope every one have a smile after this. Have a nice weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though i have used both, i decided to stick with an oval shape since im fairly a beginner and wanted to improve my shots, to be more accurate in my hits, as advised by some of you guys...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default e

i am clearly the only prince racket user...quadraform shape...y frame.

i have an M+XL and its the best thing ive ever used...the others just dont feel right...has a tremendously large sweet spot and you get stupid amounts of power from nothing...i tried iso n hated it...loved wilson oval rackets...im odd...lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISO bigger sweet spot. Never really used an oval for long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i perfer iso coz of the larger sweet point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a big fan of the ISO system, I still have a Carbonex Clasic in my bag as a back up but my last 3 racquets have been ISOís (a pair of Yonex MPís (broken) and my current Ashaway), OK so I may get a little more power out of an exceptional shot with the Carbonex but I have more than enough with a normal shot with an ISO.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jko9830
    i perfer iso coz of the larger sweet point.
    Agree and in general, ISOs are more stable than Ovals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used both...and I like both. They tend to have their own charm. I started badminton with a Victor Storm 30, which is the ovallest racket ever...the sweet spot is small, the strings and grip it came with were rather poor, it was expensive for an mid-entry level racket...but luckily it was a very light 3U and the frame itself was built like a tank. Aside from the paint, the rest of the racket was immune to crashes, mishits, throws, etc...

Course this has nothing to do with head shape. Hitting a sweet spot on an oval is like christmas though...and it feels good.

Lately I've only been using Isometrics though, simply because I'm getting the most value out of them for my money in my opinion. My netplay has benefited especially from Isos, since the slightly wider frame allows just enough room to tap the shuttle over the net stabily.

Has anyone ever used some of the upper tier Victor rackets? I use a Super Ti-15 Long, (I think its retired now) and the frame is as long as an oval and as wide as an isometric! Although it's officially listed as an Iso frame, I compared it with my Woven-8 and it's definitely longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Lost of string tension = cost !!

Hi Guys,
    I think we can relate the experience of using badminton ISO frame with the 'oversize' type tennis rackets, I used to play some tennis and initially I chose 'oversize' rackets(mostly Prince) so that I do not mis hit the ball so much, but over time when I can play better tennis, I would prefer a regular size frame, I feel I am in more control, I think is the 'feel' at the impact that helps me to learn at each stroke that I just made and it helps me to improve on the next stroke, over time it helps me to play a more consistent shots, and this is very important in tennis, you can see that top tennis players would still hit a simple shot down the net.

Ofcourse application to badminton in this matter is some what different, my personal history is as below :-

Oval(Cab8dx) -> Oval(Erra) -> ISO(MP55) -> Oval(Cab21SP) -> Oval(Airblade Tour) -> ISO(MP55) -> Oval(Airblade Tour-current)
    Personally I have below to consider(some what in sequence by importance) :-
    -Consistency
    -Smashing power
    -Feel/punch
    -Flick/jab
    -Lost of tension

on consistency, I find that I do not have limitation on Oval(smaller sweetspot) since I am quite consistent on my shots because I play atleast twice a week. And having the long history of using oval racket really helps me on hitting the right spot consistently. Also I think if I really do miss-hit the shot off the center, both rackets would still not producing a good shot for me during the game and it would not be much difference in a competition since both rackets would produce a bad shot and open up opportunity for the opponent, I dont think a slightly wider sweet spot would come to rescue in that situation.

For smashing power, it is not really a fair comparison here since MP55 really does not have the power that the Airblade Tour can generate when you really whack it, I think it is due to the stiffness and weight of the Airblade Tour(man this racket is heavy)
    as for the feel, strange, both my Cab21SP and Airblade Tour is way better than the MP55, why is it so ? The Cab21SP is the most fun racket to use in my personal oppinion because it simply produce the best 'feel', it is very easy to hit an overhead and gauge how far the bird would travel, I doubt if many ISO can do that, and if they do I think they must be very expensive to own one.

as for fast flick and jab I think ISO would be more handy cause this is the time when I miss-hit the most due to the fast pace of the shots.

LOST OF TENSION !! Dont you guys think that this is in fact very important for normal players if they dont plan to replace their string once a month ? Okay let me share my story, I had the Airblade Tour at 24.5lbs(BG-66 yellow), played for 3 weeks, then at this time I am bored, so I re-string the MP55 with 25lbs(BG-66 blue), play with MP55 and left the Airblade Tour un-touched, then after 2 weeks, the MP55 is now feeling like a 22lbs !! WHY ? when I compare it with the Airblade Tour which is still having the old string, the Airblade Tour is definitely having higher tension than the MP55 now !!
    I felt the lost of tension at play so I test it by hitting the string with my palm and listen to the pitch it produce from both rackets, together with the experience during the game, they must have about 1.5 to 2.5 difference now(rough estimation).

I put tension at the lowest position because I dont mind re-stringing the racket often, but I doubt so for other players, so combining all this with tension reason(cost), I will definitely go for Oval.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i prefer ISOval, lol joking but i think there are pros and cons for both

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    MODS,

What if I prefer both ISO and OVAL?
    Then you deserved to be banned.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    An iso has better racquet face stability on off-centre shots.
    Agree but if you find a good oval that fits your needs, it's hard to beat the feel and control you get from the oval. That's why switched to ovals.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drop_n_net
    o yea? heres one for u:
    Offensively speaking, this is way better than iso
    Very powerful while giving excellent feel at the same time
    Accuracy and control arent a problem
    Long live the CABS!!

whoot! it was pretty hard to find another v word other than very, so i went with that
    ne way cabs r the best inventions since sliced bread!!
    Agree, long live the Cabs!

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast