User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,871
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Mizuno wave fang pro 7km20003

    i saw this shoe today. it seems quite good. It sells for HK$950 at Rose Sports.

    Anyone tried it?

    Name:  41WqSOk1EiL.jpg
Views: 2157
Size:  31.5 KB

    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B...d_i=B008FCJKKG

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Trial tomorrow night. Staytuned

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,139
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was very tempted to get it when I was at e78. This 'pro' version has thicker cushioning compared to the regular model.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I bought these shoe when I was in HK last month at Rose Sports. They were only HK$720 at the time. Great shoes. The wave fangs have the best grips of all the shoes that I've owned. They are also very comfortable. Far superior to any Yonex or Li Ning shoes that I've tried.

    These are replacing a pair of wave fang xt that I purchased about 2yrs ago.

    I don't really notice a difference in cushioning between the XT and the Pro version. Both are good shoes in my opinion.
    Last edited by Genghis; 10-16-2012 at 01:05 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,871
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kam View Post
    Trial tomorrow night. Staytuned
    how is it? how much did u buy it for?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    how is it? how much did u buy it for?
    Very very strange.....

    Whenever the heel strikes the ground, I can feel the impact travels straight to my brain but at the same time my heel sinks into the midsole. This contradictory (hard and soft) feeling is absent from my Yonex SHB-65FT.

    After the heel-strike during the forward / jumping movement, my forefoot needs to put more effort (when compared with 65FT) to leave the ground. It's obvious that I get tired sooner, especially when jump smashes are frequently executed.

    I have to switch back to SHB-65FT

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,871
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kam View Post
    Very very strange.....

    Whenever the heel strikes the ground, I can feel the impact travels straight to my brain but at the same time my heel sinks into the midsole. This contradictory (hard and soft) feeling is absent from my Yonex SHB-65FT.

    After the heel-strike during the forward / jumping movement, my forefoot needs to put more effort (when compared with 65FT) to leave the ground. It's obvious that I get tired sooner, especially when jump smashes are frequently executed.

    I have to switch back to SHB-65FT
    do u have the wave fang pro version? i think there are three versions of wave fang that I know of: (1) wave fang xt, (2) wave fang vs, and (3) wave fang pro.

    why don't u try switching the in-soles of SHB-65FT and Wave Fang! see if that helps.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was talking about Wave Fang Pro, exactly the one of which you posted the picture here.

    I guess the problem comes from the structure and/or material of the mid-sole and out-sole, not the in-sole.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,871
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kam View Post
    I was talking about Wave Fang Pro, exactly the one of which you posted the picture here.

    I guess the problem comes from the structure and/or material of the mid-sole and out-sole, not the in-sole.
    ok.

    i was told that Mizuno's shoes are in general harder and heavier than Yonex's. But Mizuno's are more durable.

    Do u find the Wave Fang Pro is heavier than SHB-65FT?

  10. #10
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe you should get one straight from Japan ...

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    These will not be harder and heavier than most Yonex outside of F1. The Mizuno volleyball shoes are. I am trying to order from E78 and Sohubuy, but they don't have my size. Any other recommendations?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    ok.

    i was told that Mizuno's shoes are in general harder and heavier than Yonex's. But Mizuno's are more durable.

    Do u find the Wave Fang Pro is heavier than SHB-65FT?
    yeap, it's heavier

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys, theres a sale at imm jurong world of sports. I saw mizuno court shoes super cheap. Most expensive pair was going ard 100ish, wave fang i tink was ard 80ish...Too bad i haf ordered li ning shoes, otherwise will buy...

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,871
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Maybe you should get one straight from Japan ...
    there's a JP version???

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •