Questions about LYD Bravesword

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Thomas90, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Thomas90

Thomas90 New Member

Hello. I am just about to purchase Victor Limited Edition Lee Yong Dae Brave Sword Badminton Racket. I would like to ask you questions about this racket.

1. For racket weight, I am thinking 4U(80g-85g). I just feel that it would be better because Victor LYD bravesword racket is head-heavy racket so why not go for bit lighter weight?

2. Is Yonex BG 80 similiar to VS 850 power string? Is it okay to use yonex string on victor racket?

3. For string tension, should I go for 23lb or 24lb or 25lb? I do play badminton twice per week and I would consider myself as intermediate or advance player. I only play doubles with my friends. My friends are telling me that I do have strong smash, good control and not too bad in defense. I also want to improve on defense so can you please tell me which string tension should I choose?

I would like to hear your answers as soon as possible.

Thanks!

2. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    1) it doesn't work that way...a head heavy racquet will still be head heavy regardless of the Us. Contrary to what you're saying, its already head-heavy why not go for more weight? As the whole point of head heavy is for power.

2)Yes its fine to use Yonex string on Victor racquet. I've never tried VS850 power, but depending on how often you break strings, NBG98 or BG66 may be a good choice for you, if power is what you're lacking and what you're looking for.

3)String tension is a very personal thing, but if you indeed are an advanced player, you should be looking at atleast 24+lbs.

3. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

For #3, that is a very personal thing. Use the same tension you normally would and adjust from there.