LYD Bravesword racket questions

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Thomas90, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Thomas90

Thomas90 New Member

Hello. I am just about to purchase Victor Limited Edition Lee Yong Dae Brave Sword Badminton Racket. I would like to ask you questions about this racket.

1. For racket weight, I am thinking 4U(80g-85g). I just feel that it would be better because Victor LYD bravesword racket is head-heavy racket so why not go for bit lighter weight?

2. Is Yonex BG 80 similiar to VS 850 power string? Is it okay to use yonex string on victor racket?

3. For string tension, should I go for 23lb or 24lb or 25lb? I do play badminton twice per week and I would consider myself as intermediate or advance player. I only play doubles with my friends. My friends are telling me that I do have strong smash, good control and not too bad in defense. I also want to improve on defense so can you please tell me which string tension should I choose?

I would like to hear your answers as soon as possible.

Thanks!

2. mso663

mso663 Regular Member

HI Thomas90

1. Weight of the racket really depends on your personal choice. Lighter weight generally gives room for a faster swing, however you will not be able to string the racket at a higher tension like the 3U. This is really personal preference. The LYD is classified as slightly head heavy (nothing compared to Yonex Voltric/Armortec series). Victor does not have a full head heavy racket.

2. VS850 has a layer coating on top that makes the sound a bit different. In my opinion, it's more durable than the BG80. Racket companies don't always make the best strings for their rackets (as their R&D focuses on either one or the other). I will recommend either Gosen strings (R4X110), which is more powerful and durable than the Yonex BG80 and BG80 Power. The Victor VS850 does have a distinct hitting sound though that many of my friends like.

3. If you have been playing for a while, then you should put up the string tension to get more accuracy and control for your shots. Lower tensions (eg 22lbs for males) are more for power and entry level play. If you get the hang of it, increase the tension, so that you can control the shots better. Please note though, the sweet spot will reduce and mishitting with a higher tension may cause your strings to snap faster. I would recommend 23lb V, 24lbs H as a trial.

Hope that helps!

3. betazone

betazone Regular Member

3U, 4U is way too light

4. J_2010

J_2010 New Member

Correct me if I am wrong. According to a badminton shop owner Victor BS LYD did not have a 4U model. If u found one in the market, most probably it is fake.

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
  6. ias2009

ias2009 Regular Member

i would also recommend 3u, LYD is very fast racket.

7. roadgamethes

roadgamethes New Member

teacher
    me too, i think so, i would also recommend 3u, LYD is very fast racket.thanks you [​IMG]

8. Resistor

Resistor Regular Member

With either 4U or 3U, it really depends on your play style... If you are using a 4U currently and like using it, then stick with that. If you use 3U at the moment, you might find the 4U a bit too light to your liking...

9. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    But sometimes it really depends, I find that my vtzf 4U is somehow same weight - slight heavier than my Ti-10 3U. Can someone please explain this to me.