Football 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by demolidor, Oct 18, 2012.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Let us start off the thread with some golddiggers and one of those golaços [​IMG]

Newly crowned FIFA U17 & U20 World Champions: FRANCE & USA

1784945_full-lnd.jpg 1698698_big-lnd (Small).jpg
    [video=youtube;Yg6mOCLVPK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yg6mOCLVPK4[/video]

Some interesting story lines to follow after the recent internationals:
    • Klose closing in on Der Bomber (and going for Brasil 2014 and Ronaldo's record)
    • Huntelaar and van Persie doing the same on Kluivert
    • Messi likewise closing in on Maradona and Crespo but still a long way to go towards Batigol (who wouldn't have near his total if Crespo didn't get the shaft early on when he was already clearly better; well he might still have around his total but Crespo would have certainly bettered it)
    And for those interested in Fantasy Leagues an initiative started (a long while ago) by our yurimaster ;): http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ue-2012-13-Plz-come-join-us-now?daysprune=365

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Watch an EPL season preview by BBC's Football Focus here - Football Focus - New season preview with Didi Hamann

And a BBC Sport survey of the "price of football" -
    The cost of following your club revealed

price-of-football-595.jpg

"It's pretty basic stuff. A polystyrene cup, about half a pint of hot water, a bag of dried leaves and a splash of milk.

There you have it, one cup of tea, a bastion of Britishness and a price difference of £2 - from 50p in Scotland to £2.50 at Old Trafford and the Etihad. But why?

And that, very simply, is what the BBC Price of Football 2012 report - to be published on the BBC Sport website on Thursday and discussed on BBC Radio 5 live - is all about. Asking why? Discussing how?

It isn't an exercise in kicking clubs for charging too much, nor is it about hopping on the bandwagon and shouting "disgrace" at that those that charge the most. It's about a day of discussion and debate about the cost of watching your team play football and how that has changed, at whatever level.

It's also the chance to ask questions of the people in the game who set the prices at the 166 teams involved across 10 divisions in England, Scotland and Wales."Cont'd. ->

BBC Price of Football 2012

#2 demolidor, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

So the womens football kickstart this football 2012/2013 thread?;) Hmm.. sounds nice:p..

Still rooting for Wenger's boys to end their title draught though;)

4. utvctang

utvctang Regular Member

Student
    Let's be honest, football is a much better watch than badminton :p

5. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I think it's relative. :)

George, it maybe a way little down the road for Arsenal. I guess. :D

6. utvctang

utvctang Regular Member

Student
    Well, in my opinion anyway :D

My eyes will be fully fixed on the Tyneside derby while some watch LCW. Expecting an absorbing match there, can't wait :p (suggest everyone watches it)

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Koo_fan, you're back:) I guess in badminton, KKK still needs a lot of your support.. He misses your support;)

8. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I've kinda outgrown the fangirl attitude. heh. I'm 22. but hey, still following the news. :)

Kinda miss the banters here. I'm still United's! Hope to wash away the bandwagon title.

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

My other kind of football's season is in full swing as well [​IMG]. Here is one aspect of college football that makes me prefer it over the pro's:

[video=youtube;rNzOVxHhjmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNzOVxHhjmQ&feature=related[/video]

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Continuing :D; do read the description as well ... [click on the YouTube button to go to the original page].

[​IMG] We never took them this close though ...

[video=youtube;iKNV055axlg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKNV055axlg[/video]

Score 1 for me for guessing it was Norwegian :p [before finding this original]

#10 demolidor, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

FIFA Puskás award

Voting for the 2012 FIFA Puskás award has officially begun! A list of the top ten goals of the year was assembled by a panel of experts and members of FIFA’s Football Committee, and now it’s your turn to vote for a winner. You have until 29 November to vote for your favourite goal. Please remember, you can only vote once.

The three goals with the most votes from this first phase of voting will then be up for a second vote, and you can again pick your favourite. The goal with the most votes from the second phase of voting will be the winner of the 2012 FIFA Puskás award. You can vote (again, only once) up to the day of the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2012 Gala (7 January 2013) when the 2012 FIFA Puskás award will be handed out.

Enjoy these ten best goals of the year and helping to pick the best of the lot!

[video=youtube;koVxLY1-IcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=koVxLY1-IcE[/video]

Vote here and watch longer clips of each nomination [​IMG]: http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/puskasaward/index.html

(or don't vote as the best goal(s) haven't even been nominated :rolleyes:)

#11 demolidor, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012