User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the club. I toured four, five clubs before I settled with one. It was not about me getting accepted, but them getting accepted by me in the first place. I pretty much know the types of people who are going to be in my city's clubs and I only would recommend to join there where you feel the level is a little higher than yours and where you are welcomed. Nothing is more destructive to your own game than being unaccepted and having no friends in a club. It's a CLUB after all.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    if i am not aggressive enough, i will lose.

but if i am too aggressive, other people might not like it.

what should my attitude be when playing socially at clubs (ie not playing tournament)?

PS: I am intermediate
    Don't worry too much. There is no problem with aggressive play as long as it's not arrogant and you remain respectful to your opponents.

Your attitude should simply be positive, your behaviour should be respectful and of the right etiquette, your play should be to the best of your abilities.

However there are times when arrogance can annoy your opponents. For example, if your opponent accidently or is forced to lift it too high at the net, there is no need to play a full-on maximum power jump smash at the net to finish it off. It's not the national finals, its not like your opponents is going to get it back, you might end up hitting them and its totally unnecessary.

Be honest, if their shot was in, admit it. If your opponent isn't ready to return your serve do not try to take advantage, its cheap.

Enjoy playing, its a club so play lighthearted but play to win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your opponent accidently or is forced to lift it too high at the net, there is no need to play a full-on maximum power jump smash at the net to finish it off.
    I know a few people does this during club games. Does this reveal their real personality?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vinod81 View Post
    I know a few people does this during club games. Does this reveal their real personality?
    Yeah a lot of people do it for their own ego and imo does reveal their true personality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2