anyone tried out a Li-Ning Wingstrom 650

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by naga1, Oct 20, 2012.

1. naga1

naga1 New Member

self employed
    Hi all, I currently have a nanospeed 7700 but recently picked up a Li-Ning Wingstrom 650 racket. My first impressions are that it is super light and very responsive. Its not very well known in the uk where I am so I wondered if anyone else has tried out this racket and what their opinions are on it? pros and cons would be great?

2. naga1

naga1 New Member

self employed
    Sorry correction on racket name it should be Li-Ning Wingstorm 650

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    full review of racket please? or a comparison to your nano?

4. naga1

naga1 New Member

self employed
    Both the nano and wingstorm are light, I personally think they are on par with each other, being a slightly lighter racket however I feeli can gain more speed through the air when smashing, power again both on par with each other. The wingstorm apparently uses aviation tech to streamline the metal, I think this is true also as when I've compared both by a smashing movement the wingstorm seems to cut through the air better. Drops and control seem to be better also with the wingstorm. Overall a great racket considering I never knew much about this model before, I only wanted a backup racket, didn't think it would be on par with my nanospeed!!! Very happy :)

5. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I have one and very happy with it (though it is not my primary racquet). The seller told me that the only drawback is that it breaks easily if it collides with other racquet while playing. Otherwise a very good racquet. Infact, I liked it so much that I dumped all my Yonexes (temporarily) and have shifted to Li-ning N90, which again is a wonderful racquet.