Electronic Stringing v/s manual stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by crazy_smasher, Sep 29, 2003.

1. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

I notice that 23 pounds using manual stringing is tighter than electronic stringing, that was my impression after stringing at the two shops in Bras Basah in ground floor. What do u think?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think you should do a search. this has been discussed numerous times before... ;)

3. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

discussed yes, but not in much detail. Also, it was a long long time ago, as in 2+ years ago. All the new threads since then has been "do a search"

4. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

From my observation, tension from electronic machines tend to be a little tighter than manual.
    But then again, tension varies from machine to machine depending on the calibration and stringer's technique.
    My advice would be to find a reliable stringer and to stick to that shop.
    It really doesn't matter whether the machine is electronic or manual as long as it has proper mounting and fixed clamps and doesn't screw up your racket.
    If 23 lbs on that particular machine is too low for you, the next time, you'll just have to ask for a higher tension.

For example, I used to string all my rackets at 26 lbs at a particular shop.
    But I have now found another stringer at another place who strings all my rackets at 23 lbs on his machine but they all feel much tighter than the 26 lbs in the previous shop.
    It doesn't matter to me whether the 2nd stringer says that its 23 lbs or 18 lbs on his machine.
    As long as he can string my rackets consistently at that tension, I'll be happy. :D

Btw both shops use manual machines.

Good luck!

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If I don't remember wrong, I participated in a discussion just no more than 1-2 month ago, and that thread went into some level of details regarding to "why".

Maybe search on "constant pulling", etc?

For example: http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10957&highlight=constant+pull

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    If you want near perfect stringing... use the electronic stringing machine. I would reconmend Gosen stringing machine for that. They are the best IMO