terrible line judge of Denmark open

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open 2012' started by chlsy8, Oct 21, 2012.

1. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

worst of the year and worst of denmark open in history.

2. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

I watched about half the tourney, but the match between LXR and JS a couple of days ago took the cake for line judging. Stevie Wonder would've done a better job than whoever worked that game.

3. rattos

rattos Regular Member

line judging can be very difficult especially if you had 2 continuous shift, and everyone is human so they make mistakes. Give them a break :D

4. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

I'm comparing with other tournaments and the tournaments in denmark open history

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

And now what?

6. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

For the last point of men's single final, they didn't give the replay. Why? Of course LCW already had the winner's pose and the referee didn't overturn the line judge - just like 2010 All England. At least 2010 all england gave the replay to show the line judge was wrong.

When can all line judges/referees of super series have the same quality of Olympics?

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

You think they have a special squad of linejudges and referees to do the Olympics? :rolleyes:

Don't know how many matches you've watched but the (vast) majority of close calls have turned out to be correct in the video replay this week ... and I've watched a lot of matches ...

As far as that last point is concerned I don't think there is a camera on that line as they didn't show a replay on a close call there in another match. Looking at this one it looks exactly the same as the earlier one I meant which also seemed out to me. Doesn't mean you have to react like a typical fanboy and call the whole tournament of the worst standard of the whole year and everyone sucks!

#7 demolidor, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  8. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

you sure you watched most of the games? :)

I watched 90% of games showing on TV court from day 1 - first time ever! LOL

9. phili

phili Regular Member

I have the impression that if the line judge's call was wrong they won't show the replay for obvious reasons. That of course does not mean that every time when there is no replay the line judge was wrong.

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D I watched both courts at the same time :p. TV court with my left and Court 2 with my right eye [​IMG]. And I still didn't win anything for the second year in a row [​IMG][​IMG]

11. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

lol u're funny

well actually most wrong calls happened in quarter final

12. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

yep

when is badminton gonna be like tennis... sigh

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Makes you wonder if such dim lighting is beneficial to linejudging duties. Can imagine such contrast is weary for your eyes.

Any particular QF match that stood out? Skipped a few matches from Court 2 then I remember and by default any WD match without eye candy, so still pretty much every WD match [​IMG].

14. phili

phili Regular Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuPMIp1jDqU

T
    hat one was clearly on the line. No discussion

15. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

haha eye candy is that important huh?

the men's double korean pair vs denmark pair and women's single lxy vs shenk are the worst, at least 3 wrong calls per game

thanks Phili with that angle it's easier to find out although I did replay it 5 times to find out LOL

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Haha, of all the spots they could have sat they were right on this line [​IMG]. Kinda reminds me of the "Test your mind" on National Geographic with jury duty. Probably all these linejudges would be doing 25-to-life by now [​IMG]

Lee Chong Wei, Winner of Yonex Denmark Open 2012 men_s singe.mp4_snapshot_01.14_[2012.10.21_20.3.jpg

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Wow,.....thats really accurate !!

18. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Looks out almost by anyone initially and I don't blame Du for not believing it. After a few replays you could see that it actually touches the outside edge of the line, which is "IN". This is even better than smashing "on the line" because it smashes on the outside edge of the line and is still IN.

In saying that, DO has the 'best' line judges as opposed to 'worst'.

19. sesepuh

sesepuh Regular Member

So, chlsy8, will you change the title and give credit to the line judge or create new tret for that? You can't compare with tennis where the budget is 10-20 times what we have here. Fyi: the linejudge here are voluntary bases. So far i don't find any terrible calls. It is argueable in some cases but surely not terrible.For the LCW final point, it is in the near line to umpire. It is easy for umpire to see and overule if it is out. Imho it is just the nature of all the Chinese players to always try to influence the line judge because it is part of their training program since they are in the their youth.Bwf would not give 'Premier' tittle to just any organizer/country. They have to earn the 'Premier' status. And i think Denmark is surely one of the best organizer (althought i never beeen to Denmark). They are the only organizer that do the free live streaming since 1st day. 2 thumbup for them :)

20. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

If he's here just because of LCW - Du Pengyu then he will shut up and disappear

If not he will back up his claims with QF matches.