Voltric 80 vs Voltric Z Force

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by brisac, Oct 21, 2012.

1. brisac

brisac Regular Member

hy guys. i am playing badminton for 5 years. i am using victor super inside wave 32. finnaly i have got some money to buy new rackets. so, i am choosing between vt80 and vtzf. can you maybe help me?
    thanks a lot :D

2. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Some more information would be nice.
    Playing style? Attack/Defense? Doubles / Singles player? Level of Play?

3. brisac

brisac Regular Member

well, my specification is speed so more offensive play. i play singles. rarely doubles. i am advanced player. also going on some international competitions.

4. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I play with the voltric 80 but my style is not "attacking only". So why don't give the Z-Forze a try? ;)
    The best thing you could do is when you would be able to test both rackets.

5. brisac

brisac Regular Member

well i think that zforce is better for me. it is head heavier for a bit. i've tried vt80 and its great so i think that zforce will be much better.
    and 1 more thing. do you suggest stringing on 2 or 4 knots.?

6. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ z force is better.... and having a good stringer answer that 2 or 4 knot question is probably better

7. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    So why this thread? ;)

8. brisac

brisac Regular Member

i didnt try zforce. but can you really feel that its more head heavier than vt80.? i dont think its a big difference. did you try both rackets.?

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep... zf is definitely head heavier... I can't use it in doubles whereas vt80 is still manageable.

10. Shinyballoon

Shinyballoon Regular Member

Not meaning to troll, but if you're an international player.. shouldn't you know what kind of racket suits your play style best? And your preference of 2 knots or 4 knots?

Back on topic, I enjoy playing with the zforce. I have both rackets which are both really good. vt80 is more friendly. like a straight pickup ready to play racket. zforce will require slight adjusting due to it's quickness. but after a few sessions you'll get use to it. this is coming from my experience as a recreational club player.

EDIT: I use the zforce for singles and doubles, I have no problem with drives or defence. Of course it would be like rock solid lightning defence like the nanospeed series but you'll get use to it.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    interesting.

i measured a 4U VTZF and a 4U VT80. and they have the same swingweight.

12. Shinyballoon

Shinyballoon Regular Member

I'm not sure if the way I measure it is accurate or not, but when I had them both brand new, using the same gauge string(BG80) at the same tension of (25lbs), the zf appears to be slightly heavier. I had no additional grips either just the original. technically, the zforce has a slightly longer handle just by eye-balling it, and the zforce has a smaller frame so the amount of string used should be less, and therefore making it less "head heavy". but even still, when I measure the both my zforce and vt80(both 4u models, and measuring the balance point from the bottom of the handle and measuring "going up" the handle and the shaft, the balance point is closer to the head of the frame in the zforce.

but of course, we still need to take in account for the slight variations from the same models. As in, the same zforce both 4u models WILL have slight deviations.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the difference, when i measured it, is very small.

the samples that i took:

VTZF : 85.7g / 306mm
    VT80: 84.9g / 310mm

the swingweight turned out to be the same for both. or at least, within the precision error of the instrument.

agree on the model variations.

the difference should be very very small and should be difficult to perceive.

14. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Hi Kwun,

Those BP base on 3U or 4U?

I have VT80 3U and BP is 310mm too.
    With additional Karakal Contact replace grip (without remove original grip), 285mm.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    they are both 4U model. i measured with the factory grip plastic wrap in place but since all rackets have the grip wrap that should be fair comparison. that factory grip wrap should account for the 0.7g overweight for the VTZF.

16. brisac

brisac Regular Member

so zforce would then be better for me. thank you guys :)

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Have fun with Z force, if you think 3U VTZF is quite heavy, you might consider 4U. 4U VTZF is quite powerful and fast . I am having 3U and 4U VTZF, just that i have just strung my 3U VTZF today, therefore i could not really comment on how it performs against his brother,4U. Nonetheless, when i was trying my friend's 3U VTZF, i could notice that it is really powerful given you hit the sweetspot, and in my opinion finding VTZF sweetspot are not an easy task. 3U would be more powerful but slower, and 4U have an advantage on its speed in sacrifice of power.

18. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I went from a 3U VT80 to a 3U VT-ZF and was glad I did. I get about the same amount of power but better accuracy with the VT-ZF compared to the VT80 at the sacrifice of a smaller sweet spot.

Note: the VT-ZF has a slightly smaller head frame than the VT80.

19. brisac

brisac Regular Member

so i will go to vt-zf 4U. i will string it with bg66max on 29lbs :)

20. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Interesting - sounds like you've been converted from VT-80 to Z-Force.

I've just played with the Z-Force tonight (3U), after enjoying the 3U VT-80 for the last 12 months or so. Not finding a big difference overall, although the Z-Force is strung with BG-65 strings and at a lower tension (even though I asked for 27 pounds, it feels/sounds more like 25-26). My VT-80 is strung with NBG99 strings (best strings I've tried for it so far), so I suppose it's not a fair comparison.

One thing for sure is that, for me, the Z-Force isn't a significant improvement over the VT-80. I really don't understand what you or others mean about better accuracy - that sounds like poor technique to be honest, rather than a racket flaw. Anyway, I'll see how it goes over the next few months. But as it stands right now, I'd definitely be getting another VT-80 if my current one breaks etc.