Prices of top end rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jernan, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Jernan

Jernan Regular Member

Haven't really bought high end yonex rackets, but I noticed that people who trade among these rackets- arcsaber 10, zslash, voltric 80 and zforce, do not really top up some cash for these rackets when trading, which appears like these rackets have similar values (I.e. I trade arcsaber zslash for voltric 80, but I do not pay extra, even though it's a newer racket). Perhaps zforce resale value is higher, since it's the latest model (maybe nanoray 800 is newer). So any enlightening souls can compare generally the values of these rackets, both first hand and second hand? Do rank these rackets according to their value, if there ACTUALLY are any value difference at all. Also you might want to comment some things about whether SECOND HAND LIMITED EDITIONS like zslash taufik hidayat has any resale value difference with the original, and also why the resale value of nanospeed 9900 is so freakin high haha.

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

You are asking how the free market works? Supply and demand sets the price. Whether old or new. What else can one say?

3. Jernan

Jernan Regular Member

So it's all about demand? If demand for each of the rackets are same, all will have the same price?

4. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

He is right but it's more complicated than that. Every market is fragmented. Just like fridges, cars and computers you have different segments, ranging from entry-level ("i dont want to spend too much") to high-end ("shut up and take my money"). High-end devices have better parts, better warranty, better design, better ... you name it.

Resell value is mostly based on how the general public sees the value of it. If racket X has something special (special edition, tremendous power, high durability, formidable control) then the price will stay high because of that.

5. LiTronic

LiTronic Regular Member

Pstudent
    It is about the condition of the racket! Ask for pictures to ensure that product that you receive is not completely destroyed! Prices varies by the seller, his demand. I have not seen any of the threads have very unreasonable demands like a condition 6/10 Z Force for $250! But if the seller is willing to negotiate, you can ask for a better value. Limited Edition rackets obviously will cost a little more since the company produce lesser amount of those LE rackets that is what makes it special.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You might have to consider a bit of philosophy to get the answer..

adam-smith-and-invisible-hand

7. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

That's pretty deep stuff. It's never too early in the morning to read economic theory. :cool:

Growing up, our family had a similar, yet different, invisible hand philosophy. If ever one of us kids asked for some frivilous toy that was too expensive we felt our mother's "invisible" hand --- right upside the head. :(

8. Jernan

Jernan Regular Member

I understand now... Like stock markets, when there's a stock many ppl want but does not meet the demand, the value increases. Similarly when a racket is abundant on bc and nobody wants it anyways, u have to decrease the price to increase the likeliness to get it sold. But one question is: which racket do u think is the most demanded on badminton central? Thx.

9. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    for msian market (of cos my opinion only), rackets that hav good resale value are;

bs09-12 and sw35

u geta brand new bs09 for rm370 but no one will part one (mint cond) for less than rm300.

#9 concretemad, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  10. Jernan

Jernan Regular Member

Wow I see super waves is still the ol' classic favourite! Thx for u guys' wisdom. I at least know more about the market now.