Racket Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nicky_Boy02, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    I played 3 to 4 times a week and consider myself as intermediate player. I am currently using AT700 3U first gen and it has been 4 years without changing a new racket. I was told by the stringer that my racket couldn't withstand high tension string as there are some cracks around my racket and it will break one day. I'm currently seeking for a Yonex racket somehow similar to AT 700 (the other version of AT700 was said to be a little different and also I feel like trying out something different than Armortec series). I would prefer a head heavy racket with mid-flex to stiff. I have tried VTZF and I feel that the racket is very stiff (or maybe the string is stringed at a very high tension, I didn't ask the owner about his string tension). May I know what racket you guys could recommend me? preferably Yonex :)

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Are you using an Old AT700, people called 1st gen AT700 ? if yes, maybe you could try AT700 Premium 2012, it is head heavy with stiff shaft. VTZF worth a try too.

3. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    If you didn't like the vtzf, you can forget about falling in love with another yonex racket. Luckily for you, the N90 exists from Li Ning. It's the final evolved form of the At700 as it's essentially a modified to lin Dans request on how he wanted to perfect the At700 when Li Ning started to sponsor the Chinese team. Make sure you buy the generation 1 and not any generation after that as they won't feel as compatible with you. I had a zero learning curve transition and could see the weaknesses of the At700 after using the N90 :) Don't limit yourself to yonex, pull out from the evil empire lol just be aware there are many fakes out there from Li Ning. Mybadmintonstore.com is where I purchased my 3 N90's from!

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    If you can use armotec 700, there's no reason why u can't use z force. Both are head heavy and stiff. I think give Z force to Lin dan shouldn't have a problem...

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    voltric 70, a bit less stiff, a bit lighter than your at700, but still a very good racket.

superwave 35, a bit less head heavy, but still a solid racket. people say it's quite stiff but i think otherwise.

6. Nicky_Boy02

Space Explorer
    Thanks a lot people.. But when using VTZF, I can feel the vibration of the racket every time I hit. Is it because of the stiffness or the string tension, because I forgot to ask the tension he's using. All the while, I'm using only 25lbs.

7. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Nicky_Boy... That is the BIGGEST reason why I gave up on VTZF... There is a lot of vibration and it doesn't feel stable at all! I've tried AT700PR 2012 and it's too soft as well... Like what the others said, I went with N90 1st gen for singles and MX80 for doubles. Both rackets are extremely stable and stiff... It sounds like that's what you are looking for...

Also, 25lbs is actually really low... Because once you start losing tension, the lost in tension with cause the force you exert to be reabsorbed by the string bed and transferring to the racket... Making it even more unstable if you have a heavy smash...

Avoid all Yonex rackets if you are a hard hitting player....

8. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

You're dead certain you're hitting it on the screws? (ie the sweetspot)

9. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Woozy: So for I am a hard hitting player, which stiff , heavy racket, for doubles u can recommend me..

Thanks

10. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I've been using MX80 3U for doubles and it matches my play style... I don't find it head heavy at all but the shaft's stiffness is perfect for my smash technique in doubles... Short, compact, but powerful :p

11. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    There are loads to choose from and you are about to undertake a journey into the world of specs, weights, shape, stiffness and balance. Easy answer is to try loads of rackets before you buy. Failing that buy a 2nd hand racket and try it. You can always sell it on or trade it. Once you have found your racket then it is another journey choosing what string and tension but that is another story.

I have been using Arc 8DX, SW35 and MX80 and have found these rackets are obviously different from one another. All are stiff rackets but the balance is slightly different. The 8DX is even, SW35 slightly head heavy and the MX80 more head heavy. My go to racket atm is the MX80 as it suits my technique and my least favourite is the 8DX. The MX80 is very responsive and packs a punch. It's strung with VS650 @ 30lbs so control and accuracy are good and power is not lacking. Good luck! :)

12. Nicky_Boy02

Space Explorer
    Woozy: Hmm.. I have not tried beyond 25lb because I'm afraid the tension doesn't fit my playing style and I have to play with it until it breaks (cutting it is very waste).Yeah, its vibration is the matter that hold me back from getting the VTZF.. I don't have any friend with victor racket as all of them are yonex user. By comparing the VTZF and MX80, their stiffness are listed as VERY STIFF.. Can you compare the difference between them? since you have a both rackets.

13. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    MX80 is stiffer than the VTZF.

14. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

To be honest... Yonex is making products more user friendly anyways... Their EXTRA STIFF... is not that stiff... Also, think how VTZF is made.. Huge ballast at one end (mega head heavy) and a fairly light and hollow shaft... That's just asking for trouble!

15. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Well just like what Optiblue has said, N90 are the closest to AT700 if you want to buy other brand than Yonex