IE question...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by kwun, Sep 30, 2003.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    quite often, when i browse the web with IE, IE for some reason would miss some image files. it looks like it has forgotten to download them or it fails to retrieve from the file cache. i tried tweaking some setting and nothing seems to help.. anybody got any ideas?

here an example of a few missing images.

Attached Files:

2. viver

viver Regular Member

It also happens to me, but they will be there after a refresh. :confused:

3. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

it happens if the server or network parth or your computer is overloaded by too many simultaneous connections, and thus they timeout. To remedy this, get a lower latency connection, a faster CPU, more ram, or a faster hard drive, depending upon where the bottleneck is. Most likely its just the interent being slowed by the worm-of-the-day.

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    You probably have done this already, but check the IE cache settings in "Preferences: Avanced". A setting to "always" could create this behaviour of your connection's congested. If so, change to "once per session" which is the default setting.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thanks for the suggestion. but none of them works. ;)

but i think i have found the problem. this happens after i "upgraded" to IE6 recently. and then i noticed that it only affect forums running the same software as me. then i went into the software and turned out compressed output. and the problem went away....

but then, no compressed output is bad coz low bandwidth users will see a slow down.