string survey: do you prefer BG-65, bg-66 , etc, and why?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by rocketario, Oct 1, 2003.

1. rocketario

rocketario New Member

hello fellow smashers (though im more of a dropshotter ), i'm just curious to know which string more players like to use. i heard a few years back that BG-65 was the "best" string to use, although i never learned exactly why, and with all the new variants out there, including ti strings, i'm now wondering what most people consider to be the "best" string to use. and by no means is this limited to yonex only, but almost everyone i know uses yonex string. Cheers.

2. CH3WY BOI

CH3WY BOI Regular Member

student
    I have been using yonex bg65 since I was a little boy. It states on the packet "durability"...so I assume they last a long time (depends how often you play).
    I might start using bg66 strings to see if they are any different. bg66 strings should have more "repulsion"...they are also thinner which means they won't last as long as bg65.:D

3. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

since i got my first racket restrung 3 1/2 years ago i've always used Bg65 Ti and i feel it has excellent power can hold it's tension very well in MP rackets. i find it has good control. but durability is a bit less to be desired but i will continue to use this string untill they bring out an even better on than the Bg65 Ti.

4. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

Sure there are those thin strings, titanium string, strings for repulsion, but for some reason i prefer regular bg 65 strings over them. I've tried bg 65 ti, bg 68 ti, bg 85, bg 80, and many other non-yonex strings. And everytime I break those strings, I tend to go back to bg 65 until I find another string to try out. Maybe it's the durability of bg 65, but I find that not only is it durable, it still provides me with a sure lot of power.

5. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    I have tried many strings but feel Gut is by far the best, it lasts probably not as long as other strings and the tension seems to just drop off without notice but the feel and power from it is amazing. Once you get over the cost of a whole re-string (usually double that of BG65) and figure out that you have to have alternate rackets for when your main goes (either burst or loose tension) it is the perfect string.

Although I have to say I have never snapped a gut string during play.

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I have posted on this subject before... just couldn't resist commenting again:D I am a big fan of the BG70 PRO. The Yonex product is a thick string that is resistant to tension loss and durable as well. I have yet to break a single string after changing from BG65 and BG68 Ti. Of course, it's not the "best" string out there... but in terms of affordability and performance-wise, it's pretty good. If you're a nylon shuttler and a hard-hitter to boot, I highly recommend it.

Can't really say much about its performance on feathers, but people have mentioned in this forum that BG70 PRO doesn't translate feeling of the stroke as well as other strings when hitting with feathers. Other than it being slightly more expensive than BG-65 and the lower feeling with feathers, I don't see many shortcoming in it;).

7. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

If cost was never an issue, then bg88ti all the way!

8. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    String

1st Choice - BG66
    2nd Choice - BG65

9. camote skin

camote skin New Member

banking and insurance
    i have been using yonex bg80 since i started playing, choosing it over bg85 mostly because of the added durability that the additional .01mm thickness gives. this somewhat silly though since bg80, from my experience and those of the others in my club, looses tension faster than the 85, requiring me to have my racket re-strung, redering my reason for choosing the bg80 moot.

i'm using a carlton as-1 strung at 24-26 lbs.