User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 245

Thread: From Japan

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile From Japan

    Hi,Everyone.

    I am Miyuki and live in Kwasaki next to Tokyo.

    My friend said it is difficult for foreighers to find a badminton club in Japan.
    Is this correct?

    If correct , I want to help you to find a place to play it.
    not only Tokyo area.

    I'll do everything possible.

    Ofcourse , you can join our club.
    It takes 10min. from shibuya st. to our nearest station.(b/w Shibuya and Yokohama)

    See you and play badminton together

  2. #2
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,193
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki
    Hi,Everyone.

    I am Miyuki and live in Kwasaki next to Tokyo.

    My friend said it is difficult for foreighers to find a badminton club in Japan.
    Is this correct?

    If correct , I want to help you to find a place to play it.
    not only Tokyo area.

    I'll do everything possible.

    Ofcourse , you can join our club.
    It takes 10min. from shibuya st. to our nearest station.(b/w Shibuya and Yokohama)

    See you and play badminton together
    Welcome onboard Miyuki!

    Japan is a strong badminton country but we hear very little of your clubs and badminton stars, except when they participate in GP events. We need someone like you from Japan, who can communicate in English, to tell us more.

    Why not start off by telling us how long you have been playing and more about badminton in your club, the days and time you play, who your teammates are and their level of play.

    Now that the Japan Open is around the corner, wonder what your thoughts are? Which Japanese players do you think can give the others a good fight?

    Hope to hear more from you soon.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Miyuki!

    I would love to play at your club sometime! Do you know how to use the private message function? If you could send me your mail or keitai address we could meet up later this summer. I am a student in Canada right now but I will be back in tokyo in august. Also, maybe you could help me find a good club in Chiba-ken?

    Thanks,

    Mark

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Thanks Loh

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    Welcome onboard Miyuki!

    Why not start off by telling us how long you have been playing and more about badminton in your club, the days and time you play, who your teammates are and their level of play.

    Hope to hear more from you soon.
    Hi, Loh.

    Sorry not to introduce me and our club.
    My son was cring then

    Now , He was sleeping. So I introduce me and our club.

    About me,
    I have played badminton for 18 years .
    But last year, I couldn't play it becouse of my pregnant.
    I begun to do it last month again and play it once or twice a week.
    I don't know how to say my level.
    I won the championship in Kinki District of a member of society five years ago.
    But now I can't do smash becouse my abdominal muscles has gone hehe..
    I have to train my abdominal muscles before playing it hard.

    About our club,
    Day Sat. Sun. National holliday(it depends on the school schedule)
    Time 6:30-9:00pm
    Place junior high school in Kawasaki
    Level intermediate or upper

    I made this club for training last month.
    You know, I need a badminton training now.
    If you want to join here, please PM me.


    There are some good site to find a place where you play badminton in Japan, but I have never seen the English site .
    Almost Japanese can read and write in English.
    So when you join a Japanese club, you need a pen and a note to talk with many Japanese






  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Happy Birthday

    Hi. Loh.

    I forget to say...

    Happy birthday

    How was the great day?
    You played badminton on your special day, didn't you?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Chiba

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkinJapan
    Hi Miyuki!

    I would love to play at your club sometime! Do you know how to use the private message function? If you could send me your mail or keitai address we could meet up later this summer. I am a student in Canada right now but I will be back in tokyo in august. Also, maybe you could help me find a good club in Chiba-ken?

    Thanks,

    Mark
    Hi,Mark.

    Thank you for reply me.
    I don't know how to use the private message function.
    Please PM me

    Some students come to our club. So we are welcome to your joining.
    And maybe I can find some clubs for you in Chiba.
    I stayed in Chiba for 3month 3years ago and played badminton there and join the tounaments.
    Anyway , I'll help you to find them.
    When you PM me, please tell me more details .
    Level , day and time, can speak Japanese etc..

  7. #7
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,193
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki
    Hi. Loh.

    I forget to say...

    Happy birthday

    How was the great day?
    You played badminton on your special day, didn't you?
    Oh, Thank you very much.

    It was yesterday actually but I had a quiet day in the office. Then I went to my Club to attend a sports meeting and after that, at about 8 pm, I joined my Club choir in singing! Unfortunately no Japanese songs, but we have some songs in Malay, Thai, Filippino and Chinese other than English ones.

    But this evening I will play some badminton with my colleagues. Actually last Friday, our Club had a friendly match with another club of which I am also a member. My partner and I lost our doubles match, but all my other teammates won their matches with one draw: 5 men's doubles and 2 mixed doubles altogether.

    It is good that you get back to playing badminton after giving birth. I can understand the urge in you since you have been playing for 18 years! Do you bring your son to the club so that he can watch you play? Does your husband play badminton too?

    Hope you like the pics of our friendly match last Friday:

    Sayorana ?
    Attached Images Attached Images          

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default look fun

    Hi, Loh

    Thank you for the pics of our friendly match .
    They look nice and fun. After seeing the pics, I wanted to play badminton as soon as possible. Now I cook a baby food for my son

    Yes, I bring my son who is 7months old to the club. My husband plays it , too.
    We take care of him by turns.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    I joined my Club choir in singing! Unfortunately no Japanese songs, but we have some songs in Malay, Thai, Filippino and Chinese other than English ones.
    Do you like to sing? In Japan, we say "KARAOKE" as we sing a song in a shop.
    I like some English songs ... woops, this site is badminton forum ,not singing forum hehe...

    I have a friend in Singapole. To my regret,He is not badminton player.
    I want to go there someday. Badminton is popular in there?


    I use "MATANE" instead of "SAYOUNARA"
    I feel "matane" is more friendly than "sayounara"
    But "sayounara" is correct and polite Japanese

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Matsudo-Shi, Tokyo Japan
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile Places to Play Badminton

    Hi Miyuki!

    Hi! This is Alfred.

    I read your post about people who are looking for a place to play. Perfect timing! I am looking for a place to play badminton. By the way, can you help me find a place to play, I'm presently living at Chiba-ken near matsudo station. Can you also help where can I find badminton stores here at Tokyo.

    I would like to join your regular badminton play. Is it OK if I can join?

    Alfred

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki
    Hi,Everyone.

    I am Miyuki and live in Kwasaki next to Tokyo.

    My friend said it is difficult for foreighers to find a badminton club in Japan.
    Is this correct?

    If correct , I want to help you to find a place to play it.
    not only Tokyo area.

    I'll do everything possible.

    Ofcourse , you can join our club.
    It takes 10min. from shibuya st. to our nearest station.(b/w Shibuya and Yokohama)

    See you and play badminton together

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,Alfred.

    Yes, I help you to find a place where you play and some badminton shops.
    Ofcause you can join our club.
    But I think here is too far from Matsudo.
    It takes 1 hour from Matsud to Musashikosugi(our station)
    If you don't mind, I am looking foward to plaing with you.

    By the way, you want to know a badminton shop in Tokyo? not Matudo?
    Tell me some stations where you often use. And then I'll look for badminton shops

    Well, I have some question to you for find a place to play.
    Tell me
    Do you speak in Japanese?
    How long haven't you played badminton?
    What day and time is it conveinient fot you to play?
    What do you want to play? Singles/Doubles/Mix doubles
    Do you want to play not only games but also training?

    I'll play this Sat. and Sun. between 18:30-21:00 in our club.
    If you want to come, PM me

    --Miyuki



    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred
    Hi Miyuki!

    Hi! This is Alfred.

    I read your post about people who are looking for a place to play. Perfect timing! I am looking for a place to play badminton. By the way, can you help me find a place to play, I'm presently living at Chiba-ken near matsudo station. Can you also help where can I find badminton stores here at Tokyo.

    I would like to join your regular badminton play. Is it OK if I can join?

    Alfred

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hello everybody, well im a fan of badminton, so i better jump on this forum soon, because I'll be looking for a job in japan, but also wanting to find where the badminton centers are. I'am a canadian student, about to look for a job as an english teacher, if you guys have any opportunities plz let me thanks!!
    doomo arigato.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,egg tart

    I'll help you to find a place where you play badminton.
    You want to be a English teacher, don't you? In high scool or a conversation school? 
    I recommend you to read JapanTimes(newspaper). Maybe you can find a good job as a teacher
    Check this URL; http://classified.japantimes.co.jp/c...&dspd=20050420

    I hope you get a good job in Japan and play badominton together

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki
    Hi,egg tart

    I'll help you to find a place where you play badminton.
    You want to be a English teacher, don't you? In high scool or a conversation school? 
    I recommend you to read JapanTimes(newspaper). Maybe you can find a good job as a teacher
    Check this URL; http://classified.japantimes.co.jp/c...&dspd=20050420

    I hope you get a good job in Japan and play badominton together
    Thanks Miyuki, i think that website will be helpful for me
    Well i guess it doesnt matter what kind of english teacher i want to be. I guess high school you will need a higher education? But i like to be both high school and conversation teacher. Depends on the education level i guess. I'm about to finish my TEFL certificate which allows me to teach overseas, but i know some schools need at least a bachelor's degree too? But im not sure if it is a good time to go to japan, because of the China and Japan relationship. I'am not japanese, I'am chinese, but Canadian born. I'am also learning japanese too, which will be helpful when i go to japan.
    but yes, hopefully i get to go soon, I'd like to play with new people in badminon

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,egg tart

    You are learning Japanese. If you can read Japanese , Hiragana,Katakana,Kanaji , you can easily to find job and badminton clubs in Japan

    Some schools need a bachelor's degree for a English teacher.
    But most of schools don't need.
    Moreover you can speak Chinese ,can't you?
    Japanese want to learn Chinese , too. So I think you can find some good job in Japan, especially Tokyo.

    I played badminton in Kawasaki in Kanagawa prefecture near Shibuya.
    I hope you can find a good job and play it with us

    Does your question mean if you can get a good job and live in safe in Japan?
    Many Chinese work and live in Japan in safe ofcause you can play badminton in safe

    Miyuki

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki
    Hi,egg tart

    You are learning Japanese. If you can read Japanese , Hiragana,Katakana,Kanaji , you can easily to find job and badminton clubs in Japan

    Some schools need a bachelor's degree for a English teacher.
    But most of schools don't need.
    Moreover you can speak Chinese ,can't you?
    Japanese want to learn Chinese , too. So I think you can find some good job in Japan, especially Tokyo.

    I played badminton in Kawasaki in Kanagawa prefecture near Shibuya.
    I hope you can find a good job and play it with us

    Does your question mean if you can get a good job and live in safe in Japan?
    Many Chinese work and live in Japan in safe ofcause you can play badminton in safe

    Miyuki
    yeah, i was learning japanese, but i find it really hard..my japanese teacher failed me...but i did learn a bit though, so I will do better next time...really most schools dont need a bachelors? is this the private or public schools? and are they high school or elementary school?
    and yes I can speak chinese, but not mandarin, i speak cantonese...well I'm hoping to find a good job and a nice place to stay as well too...well i was planning to go to japan for the first time, but it is expensive to travel there...so iam trying to save money as well... and yes if i go, i will play with you guys sometime

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tokyo,Japan
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,egg tart

    O.K. I PM you Because this is the badminton forum

    Miyuki

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Badminton for Fun/Friends/Fitness

    Hi Miyuki

    Konnichiwa. I think you are a great badminton fan!

    I am a regular visitor to Tokyo & stays 1-2 months each time. I miss badminton. Can you help me to find a place to play? I am staying in Ikebukuro & don't mind travelling a bit more to have a good game.

    Doumo agriatou gozaimashita.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki
    Hi,Everyone.

    I am Miyuki and live in Kwasaki next to Tokyo.

    My friend said it is difficult for foreighers to find a badminton club in Japan.
    Is this correct?

    If correct , I want to help you to find a place to play it.
    not only Tokyo area.

    I'll do everything possible.

    Ofcourse , you can join our club.
    It takes 10min. from shibuya st. to our nearest station.(b/w Shibuya and Yokohama)

    See you and play badminton together

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. In Japan...
    By nSmash in forum General Forum
    Replies: 11
    : 02-09-2008, 02:24 AM
  2. to japan
    By egg_tart in forum Japan / Korea
    Replies: 1
    : 11-23-2006, 06:17 PM
  3. Japan Open: Mew Choo out of Japan Open
    By ants in forum Korean Open 2004 / Japan Open 2004
    Replies: 1
    : 04-07-2004, 12:25 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    : 02-18-2004, 03:49 AM
  5. Where to buy in Japan?
    By Tammy in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 5
    : 03-05-2003, 04:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •