User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Customworqs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks very much for giving us a bit more detail on your brand, Mat. I'm quite interested in the strength of the rackets in terms of how stiff the stiffest is and what the torsional stability is like. How do you change the weights of the rackets and the balance points? I'm meaning is it additional weight in the handle or do the frames actually have weights positioned in the them to change the weight and bp?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hang View Post
    - Responsible for the Vapour Trail range of rackets which was Carlton's best selling range for 10 years
    Also I'm a big fan of the Carlton Vapour Trail Elite. Since you were involved with Carlton, do any of your spec'd rackets match this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I personnaly think the idea is good, but will buy one of these weapons later, when we'll can choose more spec.

1) Aside from frame geometry, "technology" has negligible impact

2) We have agreement that this can be increased to 3 frame geometries, 7 weights, 7 balances, 7 shaft flexs, 100 design options in the future dependent upon success.
    1) Totaly agree, and for the frame, for example, I will love to have a head-heavy Z-Slash
    2) When do you think it will be possible ?

Good luck for your amazing project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by f1rst View Post
    Thanks very much for giving us a bit more detail on your brand, Mat. I'm quite interested in the strength of the rackets in terms of how stiff the stiffest is and what the torsional stability is like. How do you change the weights of the rackets and the balance points? I'm meaning is it additional weight in the handle or do the frames actually have weights positioned in the them to change the weight and bp?
    I like stiff rackets so the stiff shaft flex is 6.5 which is slightly stiffer than a Carlton Vapour Trail Elite. Torsional stability on all the frames are excellent, in my opinion, due to the mold and carbon layups I have created.

Re changing weights, balance points etc, I'm afraid I can't go into how this is achieved - trade secrets and all that.

Re vapour trail elite equivalent spec, the closest Customworqs match to this would be:

Weight: 90g
    Shaft stiff: 6.5
    Balance: 312mm

More importantly the racket carbon lay-up will outperform the Carlton Vapour Trail Elite as I created the Vapour Trail Elite carbon lay-up and have since improved on it. Again please note this is my opinion, for what it's worth.

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Koo&Tan,

I'm afraid I can't give a date as to when we will be able to introduce more spec options. It is linked to sales although we seem to be doing well so far. We've already sold 30 rackets and we've only been live 3 days and not even started marketing!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you reproduce a Yonex Cab20 original and at what price ?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re changing weights, balance points etc, I'm afraid I can't go into how this is achieved - trade secrets and all that.
    Hmm I know there are some of us that don't believe changing the balance point through handle/grip modifications actually changes the way a racket plays. Can you throw any light on this debate?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    Hmm I know there are some of us that don't believe changing the balance point through handle/grip modifications actually changes the way a racket plays. Can you throw any light on this debate?
    Adding one gram of weight to the very bottom of the (inside of) a handle moves the balance point down by roughly 5 mm. However, it does increase the weight by... one gram.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi Koo&Tan,

I'm afraid I can't give a date as to when we will be able to introduce more spec options. It is linked to sales although we seem to be doing well so far. We've already sold 30 rackets and we've only been live 3 days and not even started marketing!

Thanks
    when I saw this post:

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    interesting that you claim you are in the US, but all your posts came from various IP address in the UK, where Customworqs is base.

maybe you should disclose your affiliation before i disclose it for you.
    this is already a marketing tactic, and I will tell you, I don't like this tactic
    I won't buy from a dishonest seller (trying to defend your brand using a clone member)
    + you didn't say that you are the owner of Customworqs until the second page (after 5 posts or so)

and from your first post:
    looks like they offer 3 stiffness options. How would they do the decals?
    you are trying to be a normal member asking for people or persuade people for your website. this is already some kind of marketing

In my opinion, for what it's worth, I'm fed up of carbon stack nano tube, elastic Ti, grapheme, aerogel, nanpulsed vector rubbish which in reality, any half decent player knows, does sweet nothing to a racket performance, in fact it makes it play worse. Looking through this customworqs site, it's not trying to hoodwink you with fancy gizmos and charging you 200+ for it. Customisation is where golf has successfully gone, it's where racket brands need to go and this is a step in the right direction.
    Totally agree with you although can you choose a number of colour options for a given spec? Not important to the likes of you and me who see past the design and tech and concentrate on how it plays, others however will not. I coach a lot and the number of times I hear "I don't like the colour" kills me!

well, I have no grudge to you, but I don't like your approach to market your brand (since I know this is under handed tactic)
    Last edited by Avenger; 11-11-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

295, 303 and 312 balance point. I don't think that is a good selection. Can u set 270, 285 and 295??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Avenger,

If you don't mind me responding to a couple of you points:

Regarding me using a clone, every other badminton brand has multiple users on this site hiding behind different usernames to engage with badminton enthusiasts and talk positively about their respective brands without you knowing. If anything I should be given some credit for coming clean.

Re you deciding not to purchase from me because I am a "dishonest seller", I guess then you will not be buying any badminton brand as virtually every major brand tells you it has XXXX technology which delivers greater power, control, manoeuvrability and speed. My unique selling point is that I'm NOT selling you all these marketing technology stories.

I realise me being on here is a form of marketing although I would argue that engaging people like yourself is a good way of learning about how players choose their badminton rackets so that the badminton industry progresses forward providing equipment that you need. Every good brand manager, product manager of every other badminton brand would say the same.

However I take your point that being on here is a form of marketing, so will make this my last post.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd be stupid to leave and not use the site. The Panda Power people use the site from what Ive read for the same reason. Forums allow you to engage customers in a way nothing else other than twitter can. You may have lost a single customer but you'll gain more by posting.

Hi Avenger,

Regarding me using a clone, every other badminton brand has multiple users on this site hiding behind different usernames to engage with badminton enthusiasts and talk positively about their respective brands without you knowing. If anything I should be given some credit for coming clean.

Re you deciding not to purchase from me because I am a "dishonest seller", I guess then you will not be buying any badminton brand as virtually every major brand tells you it has XXXX technology which delivers greater power, control, manoeuvrability and speed. My unique selling point is that I'm NOT selling you all these marketing technology stories.

I realise me being on here is a form of marketing although I would argue that engaging people like yourself is a good way of learning about how players choose their badminton rackets so that the badminton industry progresses forward providing equipment that you need. Every good brand manager, product manager of every other badminton brand would say the same.

However I take your point that being on here is a form of marketing, so will make this my last post.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Adding one gram of weight to the very bottom of the (inside of) a handle moves the balance point down by roughly 5 mm. However, it does increase the weight by... one gram.
    this much is not in dispute

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that you should leave the forums. You came clean and that's OK. Plus it might be useful to answer some questions that potential buyers could have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy to answer questions, please see below

[QUOTE]
    Hmm I know there are some of us that don't believe changing the balance point through handle/grip modifications actually changes the way a racket plays. Can you throw any light on this debate?/QUOTE]

I'm not a scientist, I've developed rackets through my playing experience. My personal experience tells me if you move the balance point my simply changing the weight of the grip or handle, because you're holding the grip, you do not feel the benefit. In addition changing handles / grips means a change in weight which is missing the objective of moving the bp. You need to change what happens above the grip to get meaningful changes in bp and this is through laying up the carbon differently so there is no increase in weight but a move in balance point. This is as simple as redistributing the carbon from the top of the head to the bottom of the head. For a given specification (say 85g, 285mm balance, 9.0 flex) there are many different ways to lay the carbon up on the racket as well as using different types of carbon.

[QUOTE]
    Can you reproduce a Yonex Cab20 original and at what price ?/QUOTE]
    Now that was a good racket, I can't remember the specs though of the original, can you help me out with this. Regardless of spec the racket cost without string, without headcover and with a standard PU grip would be 130 which includes free delivery to anywhere in the world and also includes any custom duty taxes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi Avenger,

well, if everyone are doing it doesn't mean it will justify you to doing it too
    and no, you don't come clean. it is after Kwun pointed that BaddersUS is actually a clone that's why you open everything

how about something like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by baddersUS View Post
    I might bite the bullet and order myself a 86g, 303mm, stiff (6.5) black and gold one! That is if they will ship to the States and if it doesn't take 6 months to arrive.......email sent! The Arcsaber might have had its day!
    Quote Originally Posted by baddersUS View Post
    I've had confirmation back that they will deliver to the States......my racket should be with me in 4 weeks! Order has been placed so I will try and post some pictures when it arrives........
    ha, a clone said he bought a racket from customworqs

I saw many people support other brands (esp if they are agents, like PP agent, Victor, etc) but this forum is more or less neutral compared to other badminton sites (such as Indonesian badminton forum which is flooded with sellers that trying to knock out each other)
    it becomes apparent who support who after reading so many posts (and we know the review would be good. PP does a good job in this but they do add some depth by not only telling you their racket's pros but also cons)

what I don't like is, you challenged us as a buyer, not as a seller.
    I did not bother posting about colour scheme, etc since I thought you are a clueless forumer
    but as a seller, buyer has the right to talk. I will give you free hints. I saw many people and only casual people who think about the colour scheme esp women or kids (which IMO, not your target market as it should be hardcore players)
    yes, I live in the UK for 5 years, and most of the time, the one who said: the "colour scheme is ugly" is woman
    for women, we recommend something a bit flash and in pink colour such as arcsaber 3FL / 9FL (and we say, go for it and earn brownie points)
    not many in this forum says: oh I hate the colour so I don't buy it
    that's why I said it is only 24-36 specs since colour is useless for us (and it is only 27 specs according to you)

I don't like how you justified your brand by saying you are not selling those marketing technology.
    it doesn't justify why you don't put sword frame or box frame, 80-88-96 string holes, why it is only 670 not 675mm
    so many questions and as a seller you don't justify why it should be that way (actually, I don't want to talk a lot about it since everyone already questioning it since the beginning)
    why not 675mm? why 22x21 string pattern? why isometric?

except you are saying this is not marketing tech stories:
    Detonate string
    Vlite cap
    sensigel

I don't know, I just feel so many thing wrong in this thread
    this is a new brand, and you need to prove us that this is something that worth our money. but not using an under handed tactics like above
    tell us about your brand. answer our question. challenge our ideology about a racket if you want to change it, and lastly, try to justify WHY we should pay 121.15 for your racket.

P.S: to Kuwn or other mods, sorry for being so frontal here. if you think this is too much, feel free to delete it
    Last edited by Avenger; 11-12-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy to answer questions, please see below

Amleto said:Hmm I know there are some of us that don't believe changing the balance point through handle/grip modifications actually changes the way a racket plays. Can you throw any light on this debate?

I'm not a scientist, I've developed rackets through my playing experience. My personal experience tells me if you move the balance point my simply changing the weight of the grip or handle, because you're holding the grip, you do not feel the benefit. In addition changing handles / grips means a change in weight which is missing the objective of moving the bp. You need to change what happens above the grip to get meaningful changes in bp and this is through laying up the carbon differently so there is no increase in weight but a move in balance point. This is as simple as redistributing the carbon from the top of the head to the bottom of the head. For a given specification (say 85g, 285mm balance, 9.0 flex) there are many different ways to lay the carbon up on the racket as well as using different types of carbon.
    thanks, good answer.
    Last edited by amleto; 11-12-2012 at 05:25 AM. Reason: formatting

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast