User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 113

Thread: Customworqs

  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommii View Post
    Anyone going to question his username and his name within his post or do I have to point it out?
    Hi Tommi, I'm not sure I fully understand what you're after. If it's why my username is different to my actual name, then this has been answered in one of my responses in this thread.

    Thanks

    Mat

  2. #70
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ordered a pair of 90g, 312mm, 6.5mm rackets yesterday. Will be interesting to play with them. I'm currently using the BS-LYD, but want something a little stiffer and a bit more head heavy. Hopefully these should do the trick. If people are interested, I'll post my thoughts up on here when I get to play with them, which will be after Christmas because they are a present from my parents! I'm a county player here in the UK, so not completely clueless. =]

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,989
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bandit 1281: Please do post your impressions and pictures, if you would be so kind (and not clueless ).

  4. #72
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,253
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love the idea of custom rackets - this was initially the idea that I was going to pursue but couldn't because I didn't have the right connections. In SE Asia, they couldn't fathom the concept of making half the amount of rackets for double the price. Go figure.

    Mat, can I give you some advise?

    Don't get embroiled in the troll wars on forums. You need to let the rackets do the talking. Get them in the hands of good people, and let positive word-of-mouth get the message out there for you. Trying to duke it our with Flametards in forums isn't positive and just drags you down. You need to get the product out there, and you need to focus on the positive.

    Oh.....and we're up to page 5 and I still haven't seen a photo of an actual racket!

    Also, be careful about what you say in regards to what is and what is not marketing. Giving something a cute name IS marketing - it doesn't matter whether you attach a percentage performance benefit to it or not. Let's face it - it's all marketing. If someone is pathologically 'anti-marketing', there's not a lot you can do to stop that.

    Let the products, and the happy users to the talking. Once you start an endeavour, you lose your voice. That's just the way it is. You gather feedback, and then communicate through product improvements.

    Hope that's not too preachy, but the more scarce you are on forums the better.

    Let the rackets sell themselves.

  5. #73
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I love the idea of custom rackets - this was initially the idea that I was going to pursue but couldn't because I didn't have the right connections. In SE Asia, they couldn't fathom the concept of making half the amount of rackets for double the price. Go figure.

    Mat, can I give you some advise?

    Don't get embroiled in the troll wars on forums. You need to let the rackets do the talking. Get them in the hands of good people, and let positive word-of-mouth get the message out there for you. Trying to duke it our with Flametards in forums isn't positive and just drags you down. You need to get the product out there, and you need to focus on the positive.

    Oh.....and we're up to page 5 and I still haven't seen a photo of an actual racket!

    Also, be careful about what you say in regards to what is and what is not marketing. Giving something a cute name IS marketing - it doesn't matter whether you attach a percentage performance benefit to it or not. Let's face it - it's all marketing. If someone is pathologically 'anti-marketing', there's not a lot you can do to stop that.

    Let the products, and the happy users to the talking. Once you start an endeavour, you lose your voice. That's just the way it is. You gather feedback, and then communicate through product improvements.

    Hope that's not too preachy, but the more scarce you are on forums the better.

    Let the rackets sell themselves.
    Good advice Miklike Tier, and as you suggest here are some images of the racketsName:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  93.8 KBName:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  23.6 KBName:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  25.2 KBName:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  23.6 KBName:  IMG_0006.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  23.9 KBName:  IMG_0007.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  25.1 KB

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like the butt cap.

  7. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you using the same factory as Carlton are?

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,093
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    I like the butt cap.
    that probably would get taken as an insult in a lot of cases

    Can you imagine your wife showing a new dress and asking 'how do I look'? Then you reply 'I like your tights'

    LOL

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Are you using the same factory as Carlton are?
    Hi LD rules! I'm afraid I couldn't say. What I can say is it's one of the premium racket factories in China.

    Thanks

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    some pics of the gloss pearl white design option + sensigel grip

    Name:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  29.6 KBName:  IMG_0006.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  28.5 KBName:  IMG_0007.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  31.0 KBName:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  29.6 KB

  11. #79
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    Can you reproduce a Yonex Cab20 original and at what price ?
    i knew that question will surface sooner or later, maybe i just read this post late

  12. #80
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    So my understanding of statement #6 is that there will be NO oval (Classic) head available as I don't expect there to be a lot of requests for them.
    LOL, not giving up huh, Maxout?

  13. #81
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    maybe i like flashy things but i do like the racket from the first few pix cos it's shiney after seeing the pix i'm more curious as to how it plays, all i need to do now is to figure out the specs of my carlton vapour trail vanquish and have them make one just like it, or maybe the vapour trail tour?

    sketchy or not, for me it would be nice to have a racket that's not too accessible to the generate public yet, and if it doesn't hit well, then i'll just hang it on my wall as a collected item

  14. #82
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,829
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    maybe i like flashy things but i do like the racket from the first few pix cos it's shiney after seeing the pix i'm more curious as to how it plays, all i need to do now is to figure out the specs of my carlton vapour trail vanquish and have them make one just like it, or maybe the vapour trail tour?

    sketchy or not, for me it would be nice to have a racket that's not too accessible to the generate public yet, and if it doesn't hit well, then i'll just hang it on my wall as a collected item
    It was sketchy before we started to know more about the background and if the pound symbol had been a euro symbol it might have been interesting for me as well to try. But I guess until someone around here has done an unbiased review it is still an unknown quantity. Did you complete the customizer tool? Not sure if it really works or maybe it does as the outcome is as close as possible from the available options to what I put in as my current racket and preferred specs ...
    Colourwise, the white, matte silver and red (if non-metallic finish) are my favourites, gold one alternatively. The first pics posted here are supposed to be the black version but in the rendered pic and here it still looks more graphite than black ... (?)

    As for the oval stuff and such: I assume a custom mold must have been made and from what I've read in the past they aren't cheap ...
    Other factories already have molds for different frame shapes I believe from which to choose but might have other drawbacks (graphite quality perhaps).

  15. #83
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Demolidor (and others), the first set of pics is referred to on the customworqs site as Gun Metal. The first orders are being manufactured at the moment and will be with customers just before Xmas. Thanks

  16. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In addition on price, Demolidor, if you're outside the EU then the website won't charge you VAT and all shipping is free including any import duty charges. Might tempt you!!???

  17. #85
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i knew that question will surface sooner or later, maybe i just read this post late
    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    LOL, not giving up huh, Maxout?
    Never give-up on things that WORKS well for you . Now, while I know Yonex has probably given up on further development on the Cabs. I found that GOSEN is continuing to do so (while I was looking into their strings) ... I was so tempted by the GOSEN RYOGA SHIDEN racquet - an "OVAL" top-of-the-range powerhouse .... doing more fact-finding about it ... cost a pretty BOMB too, almost USD200 !!!!

    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...oducts_id=1324
    Last edited by maxout; 12-06-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •