User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Customworqs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommii View Post
    Anyone going to question his username and his name within his post or do I have to point it out?
    Hi Tommi, I'm not sure I fully understand what you're after. If it's why my username is different to my actual name, then this has been answered in one of my responses in this thread.

Thanks

Mat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered a pair of 90g, 312mm, 6.5mm rackets yesterday. Will be interesting to play with them. I'm currently using the BS-LYD, but want something a little stiffer and a bit more head heavy. Hopefully these should do the trick. If people are interested, I'll post my thoughts up on here when I get to play with them, which will be after Christmas because they are a present from my parents! I'm a county player here in the UK, so not completely clueless. =]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bandit 1281: Please do post your impressions and pictures, if you would be so kind (and not clueless ).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the idea of custom rackets - this was initially the idea that I was going to pursue but couldn't because I didn't have the right connections. In SE Asia, they couldn't fathom the concept of making half the amount of rackets for double the price. Go figure.

Mat, can I give you some advise?

Don't get embroiled in the troll wars on forums. You need to let the rackets do the talking. Get them in the hands of good people, and let positive word-of-mouth get the message out there for you. Trying to duke it our with Flametards in forums isn't positive and just drags you down. You need to get the product out there, and you need to focus on the positive.

Oh.....and we're up to page 5 and I still haven't seen a photo of an actual racket!

Also, be careful about what you say in regards to what is and what is not marketing. Giving something a cute name IS marketing - it doesn't matter whether you attach a percentage performance benefit to it or not. Let's face it - it's all marketing. If someone is pathologically 'anti-marketing', there's not a lot you can do to stop that.

Let the products, and the happy users to the talking. Once you start an endeavour, you lose your voice. That's just the way it is. You gather feedback, and then communicate through product improvements.

Hope that's not too preachy, but the more scarce you are on forums the better.

Let the rackets sell themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I love the idea of custom rackets - this was initially the idea that I was going to pursue but couldn't because I didn't have the right connections. In SE Asia, they couldn't fathom the concept of making half the amount of rackets for double the price. Go figure.

Mat, can I give you some advise?

Don't get embroiled in the troll wars on forums. You need to let the rackets do the talking. Get them in the hands of good people, and let positive word-of-mouth get the message out there for you. Trying to duke it our with Flametards in forums isn't positive and just drags you down. You need to get the product out there, and you need to focus on the positive.

Oh.....and we're up to page 5 and I still haven't seen a photo of an actual racket!

Also, be careful about what you say in regards to what is and what is not marketing. Giving something a cute name IS marketing - it doesn't matter whether you attach a percentage performance benefit to it or not. Let's face it - it's all marketing. If someone is pathologically 'anti-marketing', there's not a lot you can do to stop that.

Let the products, and the happy users to the talking. Once you start an endeavour, you lose your voice. That's just the way it is. You gather feedback, and then communicate through product improvements.

Hope that's not too preachy, but the more scarce you are on forums the better.

Let the rackets sell themselves.
    Good advice Miklike Tier, and as you suggest here are some images of the racketsName:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  93.8 KBName:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  23.6 KBName:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  25.2 KBName:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  23.6 KBName:  IMG_0006.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  23.9 KBName:  IMG_0007.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  25.1 KB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the butt cap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you using the same factory as Carlton are?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    I like the butt cap.
    that probably would get taken as an insult in a lot of cases

Can you imagine your wife showing a new dress and asking 'how do I look'? Then you reply 'I like your tights'

LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Are you using the same factory as Carlton are?
    Hi LD rules! I'm afraid I couldn't say. What I can say is it's one of the premium racket factories in China.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some pics of the gloss pearl white design option + sensigel grip

Name:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  29.6 KBName:  IMG_0006.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  28.5 KBName:  IMG_0007.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  31.0 KBName:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  29.6 KB

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    Can you reproduce a Yonex Cab20 original and at what price ?
    i knew that question will surface sooner or later, maybe i just read this post late

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    So my understanding of statement #6 is that there will be NO oval (Classic) head available as I don't expect there to be a lot of requests for them.
    LOL, not giving up huh, Maxout?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe i like flashy things but i do like the racket from the first few pix cos it's shiney after seeing the pix i'm more curious as to how it plays, all i need to do now is to figure out the specs of my carlton vapour trail vanquish and have them make one just like it, or maybe the vapour trail tour?

sketchy or not, for me it would be nice to have a racket that's not too accessible to the generate public yet, and if it doesn't hit well, then i'll just hang it on my wall as a collected item

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    maybe i like flashy things but i do like the racket from the first few pix cos it's shiney after seeing the pix i'm more curious as to how it plays, all i need to do now is to figure out the specs of my carlton vapour trail vanquish and have them make one just like it, or maybe the vapour trail tour?

sketchy or not, for me it would be nice to have a racket that's not too accessible to the generate public yet, and if it doesn't hit well, then i'll just hang it on my wall as a collected item
    It was sketchy before we started to know more about the background and if the pound symbol had been a euro symbol it might have been interesting for me as well to try. But I guess until someone around here has done an unbiased review it is still an unknown quantity. Did you complete the customizer tool? Not sure if it really works or maybe it does as the outcome is as close as possible from the available options to what I put in as my current racket and preferred specs ...
    Colourwise, the white, matte silver and red (if non-metallic finish) are my favourites, gold one alternatively. The first pics posted here are supposed to be the black version but in the rendered pic and here it still looks more graphite than black ... (?)

As for the oval stuff and such: I assume a custom mold must have been made and from what I've read in the past they aren't cheap ...
    Other factories already have molds for different frame shapes I believe from which to choose but might have other drawbacks (graphite quality perhaps).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Demolidor (and others), the first set of pics is referred to on the customworqs site as Gun Metal. The first orders are being manufactured at the moment and will be with customers just before Xmas. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition on price, Demolidor, if you're outside the EU then the website won't charge you VAT and all shipping is free including any import duty charges. Might tempt you!!???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i knew that question will surface sooner or later, maybe i just read this post late
    LOL, not giving up huh, Maxout?
    Never give-up on things that WORKS well for you . Now, while I know Yonex has probably given up on further development on the Cabs. I found that GOSEN is continuing to do so (while I was looking into their strings) ... I was so tempted by the GOSEN RYOGA SHIDEN racquet - an "OVAL" top-of-the-range powerhouse .... doing more fact-finding about it ... cost a pretty BOMB too, almost USD200 !!!!

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...oducts_id=1324
    Last edited by maxout; 12-06-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast