Customworqs

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by f1rst, Oct 28, 2012.

1. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

Anyone got any info on this new brand and what they're doing? Sounds interesting.

www.customworqs.com

2. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

Website is now live. Looks an interesting prospect. Claims of good torsional stability and very stiff rackets. Who's first to try it out?

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Interesting concept. Does "bespoke racquets" mean that they are made on Saville Row out the finest Egyptian cotton?As for who is going to try them out, well, the obvious answer is right in your name , f1rst. ;-)

4. baddersUS

baddersUS New Member

I'm an ex tennis player that has recently turned to badminton mainly due to injuries; I have always been keen on customising my tennis rackets to suit my game by using lead tape and different string options but this site seems to offer an increased level of customisation! Does nayone have anymore information on the company?

5. Eddie Hang

Eddie Hang Regular Member

Marketing and Sales Director
    It's about time someone did something different in badminton. I'm a keen golfer (playing off a not so keen 12) and have been purchasing customised clubs for years. I've always wondered why badminton players (me included) are happy to pay ridiculously high prices for off the shelf rackets where the rest of the world is into customising.

6. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    this adds some degree of customisation

with assumption they buy the rackets (not make it by themselves)
    they only need around 24-36 (or even less.. maybe only 12 types) racket model
    they can modify the string, grip, head heaviness, weight (I assume they will have one or two BP model and drill or add something inside the grip to alter the headheaviness and weight), and paint (if they have the machine)

what they cannot modify easily is: the carbon (except they have the machine to make these) and stiffness

7. Eddie Hang

looks like they offer 3 stiffness options. How would they do the decals?

8. baddersUS

baddersUS New Member

I've just had a real play around with the site and it appears that they are offering the complete customisation (thats if they do what they say they can). Using one of the creator tools I managed to choose the weight, balance, stiffness, strings, grip and look of the racket! If nothing else at least its something new! It will be interesting to see if anyone bites the bullet and leave one of the more established brands

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Basically it's 9 versions of a 60gbp retail racket with your choice of paintjob out of a selected few and now it's "full customization"? If they don't cheat and adjust the balance in the handle that is. Why can't I have a 7.3 stiffness for example or 280mm balance. "295mm" is headlight nowadays?? Box frame or aeroframe options, diamond shape for that matter ...
    Rather than carry the full range they are made on order :D

Am sure at that price range you can find any combination thinkable amongst the many existing brands and models already ...

#9 demolidor, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  10. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    it would be nice if they can customize every option of a racket down to the types of grommets and the way it vibrates when you strike a shuttle.

11. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

then i would create this. A Voltric Z-Force Concept with graphene as main material, the using 96 grommet systems, a 3U and G5....hahaha

12. Eddie Hang

In my opinion, for what it's worth, I'm fed up of carbon stack nano tube, elastic Ti, grapheme, aerogel, nanpulsed vector rubbish which in reality, any half decent player knows, does sweet nothing to a racket performance, in fact it makes it play worse. Looking through this customworqs site, it's not trying to hoodwink you with fancy gizmos and charging you £200+ for it. Customisation is where golf has successfully gone, it's where racket brands need to go and this is a step in the right direction.

13. baddersUS

baddersUS New Member

I might bite the bullet and order myself a 86g, 303mm, stiff (6.5) black and gold one! That is if they will ship to the States and if it doesn't take 6 months to arrive.......email sent! The Arcsaber might have had its day!

14. betazone

betazone Regular Member

can't wait for the first person to buy and review the racquet here. Would have prefer even more customisation options, for example more colors/design/type of paintjob etc.

15. bbh66

bbh66 Regular Member

I don't live too far away from the address on their website so I have emailed asking if I can go and have a look. Will report back if I manage to visit :)

16. baddersUS

baddersUS New Member

I've had confirmation back that they will deliver to the States......my racket should be with me in 4 weeks! Order has been placed so I will try and post some pictures when it arrives........

17. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Played around with the website. Mine (HH, Medium weight, stiff) would have costed me £115 = CDN$180. Add shipping costs...it'll be about CDN$200. At that price...I might as well buy some known brand name rackets that has been reviewed by others.

18. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Customization in golf makes sense. As golf is dependent on several factors. Swing speed, player's height determines what length the golf club should be, etc.

My brother got customized golf clubs. BUT before that...he saw a "golf expert" that anaylzed his swing, got his height, etc. And also talked to him about his game. So gathering as much data as possible...they were able to customize golf clubs to suit him.

I don't see that happening with Customworqs.

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Don't generalize only because the UK is just about the most expensive country to buy rackets (+ I'd like to see those 200+ prices in the store? Maybe at the All England at full RRP?). An Armortec 700 is not even 90gbp right across the North Sea and here is some "custom" manufacturer charging 100+ for something that probably already exists amongst the countless existing models for less than 80. Just taking advantage of the UK market opportunity ;) ...

That said, it is indeed at least a step in a right direction. So looking forward to the end result of our first order here :)

#19 demolidor, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Too late to edit but after a little browsing around found you can get practically any racket out there for this price (120gbp) over here. Not some obscure back alley store in Asia but on mainland (Western) Europe.

[​IMG] Almost thought they did offer full customization just now but turned out they were asking about your current racket's spec ... seeing as it slides down to 270mm how the heck do they call 295 super headlight??

... whilst in the meanwhile I'm totally forgetting to watch danish badminton league, again :rolleyes: