User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooler and ChibeK, from your description it seems that the lenses you have bought are not the correct base curve for your eyes (the better, and more expensive, contact lenses such as those made by Acuvue come in more than one base curve.
    It may even be the case that you both have astigmatism, and so require a Toric lens, which are designed specifically with the Axis (orientation of your astigmatism) in mind. Toric lenses tend to remain more stable on your eye when you blink or look around, and provide consistently sharp vision, since they cannot rotate on the eye.
    In the UK at least some of the optometrists, astonishingly, seem quite incompetent, and doubtless have no real qualifications. I suggest that you look for a well qualified optician and explain the problem. At bottom it will remove one more excuse for not performing at your best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I had the same

problem with daily disposables, I found they just moved around so easily, if i touched my eye they just went all over the place

I currently use b & L Softlens 66 and found them to be the best. It is definately worth going to the best eye place you can and get the correct measurments done. You can always buy the lenses online where they are a lot cheaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ynexfan2003
    Cooler and ChibeK, from your description it seems that the lenses you have bought are not the correct base curve for your eyes (the better, and more expensive, contact lenses such as those made by Acuvue come in more than one base curve.
    It may even be the case that you both have astigmatism, and so require a Toric lens, which are designed specifically with the Axis (orientation of your astigmatism) in mind. Toric lenses tend to remain more stable on your eye when you blink or look around, and provide consistently sharp vision, since they cannot rotate on the eye.
    In the UK at least some of the optometrists, astonishingly, seem quite incompetent, and doubtless have no real qualifications. I suggest that you look for a well qualified optician and explain the problem. At bottom it will remove one more excuse for not performing at your best.
    Interesting point you made, now I am thinking more about my disposable lens. I already purchased enough supplies that lasts for a year, but I can always exchange if I do not like the lens. I should visit my optometrist again to address the problem.
    I have annual eye exam, the last one happened 3 months ago, and the optometrist said everything is fine, he even recommended me to get lasik surgery since I play lots of sports. In any case, I want to find out if he recommends Toric lens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all - i started wearing contact lenses for my baddy about 18 months ago.
    i have an astigmatism, which means my contact lenses have a little weight on oneside of them to make them stay in alignment with my eyes.

i don't know if lenses for longsighted/short sighted people can be made with this as well.. altho it shouldn't really matter as (if i understand it correctly) your lenses will focus the image however they are rotated.

the problem will come when the lenses move from being central over your pupil. I've noticed that when i wear mine that they work best after i've worn them for about half an hour - gives my eyes time to stop watering and get used to the foreign object. it also settles them into position.

i used monthly disposables, and only wear them or badminton.

i'm quite fortunate that my eyesight isn't particularly bad such that when my lenses do move i can still see reasonablly well - and my lenses fit sufficiently well that i can blink them back into place during rallies.. (just!!)

my brother and mum both wear the hard gas permeable lenses, as far as i know they never have any problems with theirs either.

good luck.. i would suggest asking the optician/optometrist specifically about lenses for sport.

Neil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went in on a Saturday (for my free consultation) and by the time everything was done, I knew this was the place that I wanted to get my Lasik done. After knowing that I had qualified for the procedure, they were truly excited for me. And wow, they couldn't have been more right! Thank you not only for my procedure, but also for taking care of me the way only Lasik-1 can take care of a patient

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contacts greatly improved my game. Glasses keeps on slipping. -___-

My left eye hurts like crap in the morning when I try to put them on. Its weird =/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2