User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prim3 View Post
    For someone who already has a N90.. how would N80 mean?

I'm looking something for doubles.. I'm an attacker/smasher. Does N80 give a lot of power when smashing? thanks
    I smash much better (more powerful and steeper) using my N90 (1st gen), that's why I decided to sell my N80

The concerns for me to use the N90 are the head weight and stiffness especially in faster double games, my wrist get sore easily and sometimes get painfull after the backhand full smash or backhand net-kill...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quixilver View Post
    I smash much better (more powerful and steeper) using my N90 (1st gen), that's why I decided to sell my N80

The concerns for me to use the N90 are the head weight and stiffness especially in faster double games, my wrist get sore easily and sometimes get painfull after the backhand full smash or backhand net-kill...
    I dont understand people that use n90 or vt80 in doubles... why dont you use a tennis racket?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a couple of games with a friends n50II and I was very impressed with the power. It felt very flexible - more flexible and wippier than Victor MX60 but still fairly precise and solid. For some time I was interested in N80 but in the end I decided to get the N50II to replace my MX60.
    I like the idea of aerodynamic box frame as opposed to a sharpened "blade" type section frame. The box will always produce more power. The challenge is to make it cut the air fast and I think Li
    ning have done a great job on the N50II N55II and N77II. As for the N90, which has been mentioned here, it's a singles only racket very heavy and slow. As an intermediate level doubles player I don't see any use for it except for maybe digging up the garden.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    I dont understand people that use n90 or vt80 in doubles... why dont you use a tennis racket?
    Are you seriously asking or just being sarcastic ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm dude, I use both for doubles, and they perform great. I have even seen a girl using VTZF in doubles and she handles it perfectly.So, yeah... Head heavy rackets can be used in doubles too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    Erm dude, I use both for doubles, and they perform great. I have even seen a girl using VTZF in doubles and she handles it perfectly.So, yeah... Head heavy rackets can be used in doubles too.

Of course head heavy rackets can be used in doubles. MX80, 70, 60, N50II etc can be great for doubles.
    I have my doubts about vt80 3u and in particular n90 with their thick ultra head heavy frames. They introduce lag that is compromising for many aspects of doubles play and the benefit of extra power may not be worth it.
    When you say they perform great in doubles what are you referring to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course head heavy rackets can be used in doubles. MX80, 70, 60, N50II etc can be great for doubles. I have my doubts about vt80 3u and in particular n90 with their thick ultra head heavy frames. They introduce lag that is compromising for many aspects of doubles play and the benefit of extra power may not be worth it. When you say they perform great in doubles what are you referring to?
    A LOT players use head heavy rackets in doubles. The whole voltric series is quite popular around here for doubles. (Yes 3u) would you consider the n50ii to be head heavy though? It's more even balance isn't it?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even MX80 although being head heavy, it is no wear near those VT80, VTZF or N90. MX80 will excel as Doubles racket.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    A LOT players use head heavy rackets in doubles. The whole voltric series is quite popular around here for doubles. (Yes 3u) would you consider the n50ii to be head heavy though? It's more even balance isn't it?
    N50II is head heavy, not as head heavy as VT80 or N90. It's more like the meteor series: about 300mm bp strung and just with factoy grip. VT80 and N90 are in the 310-320mm region.
    My Carlton VT S-lite (which is head light) has the same bp of 300mm but weights only 89g as opposed to N50II 98g - There's a substantial difference between the swing weight of the two.
    It's great if you like playing doubles with VT80 3u and it works for you. We have quite a few vt80 users here too, no doubt it's a popular racket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3