Concise stringing video tutorial.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by asmd6230, Oct 30, 2012.

1. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

Hi guys,I have learnt much from this forum and after a year of trying different methods, ive come up with what seems to work best for me on with the tools i use. I made a video detailing the string pattern and starting/tie off knots and hope this helps those who are looking for a resource to get started.

http://asmd.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/badminton-stringing-video-tutorial/

r
    egards,
    asmd.

#1 asmd6230, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Rather than cutting the string (from a pack) exactly in half, try giving 30-40 cm extra to the mains - I do this and I still have a LOT left over after doing the crosses.

Also, have you tried the one-weave-ahead method? Weave the cross that comes after the one you will pull next. kwun gives the best demonstration I have yet seen.

3. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

Thanks for the reply Mark.

I have never had a problem weaving the cross strings... but i do weave it at at angle though, towards the throat which kind of has the same effect.

With regards to leaving the extra length, never thought to give that a try... i might look into that. I currently simply expend a packet for every racket i string.

Regards,
    asmd.

#3 asmd6230, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012