Santa Arrived Early: NS9900, Arc8DX & ArcZSTH - What String?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by R20190, Oct 31, 2012.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Guys,

Just received three brand new racquets, all 3UG4 - NS9900, ArcSaber 8DX and ArcSaber Z-Slash Taufik Hidayat but all comes without strings so I'm looking for some string recommendations.

I like thick strings as I like to smash a lot in doubles but with reasonable control/feel. I've tried thin strings before and really don't get along with them.

I already have an 8DX and ZS but haven't be able to find a string that works perfectly with the 8DX. I have NBG95 on my ZS at the moment which I love. The only gripe is that it doesn't come in white :( For my 8DX I have tried: BG65Ti, BG68Ti, ZM67 and NBG99. The best so far has been BG65Ti but it loses tension too easily.

So, as an attacking power player rather than a control or defensive player, what strings would you recommend me for the three racquets above? The main one I need recommendations for is the NS9900 as I've never used this racquet before.

Many thanks! :)

2. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

Since you listed ZM67, I don't think 0.68mm string is too thin for you.

Have you tried BG80? or VS-850. Both strings are good for offensive players.

3. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    I string my NS9900 with either NBG95 at 26 pounds or BG80 at 24. I also have an 8dx with BG80 at 24 and love it.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    bg80 or vs850. vs850 has a rougher texture so you'll be able to slice the birdie effectively :)

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I strung my NS9900 with BG85 at 28Lbs, it is quite repulsive.

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I've tried ZM67 after trying ZM62 which I found to be good for control, sound and feel but lacked power. Which was what I had expected as I don't seem to get along with thin strings such as BG66 etc. So as I didn't have ZM70, I restrung (my Arc10) with ZM67 thinking it would be better than ZM62 but it was in fact worse. ZM67 really feels dull and unlively so I didn't bother trying ZM70 or ZM65.

Anyway, back to topic. I've not tried BG85 or VS850 before as they are not widely available in the UK. But I can wait a while and order them from MBS etc if they are really worth it.

I'm not really a net/control player, I'm more of a rear court smasher/dropper. I found that NBG95 worked really well on my ArcZS as it gave me a lot of power. But I'm not sure if it will work on the 8DX or NS9900?

I tried BG80 on my Arc10 which didn't seem to work very well, but I eventually put it down to me not liking this racquet being the biggest factor.

NBG95 is currently my favourite string as it gives me power with reasonable control and tension hold. But it doesn't come in white (my preferred colour) and I would prefer a little more feel and control.

I'm quite interested in VS850 and BG85. BG80 is probably too hard for me.

Does VS850 work well of the racquets I've just bought? And does it give as much power as NBG95? I know VS850 comes in white but it is said to lose tension easily, I guess if I pre-stretch or simply up the tension a little it should settle to my preferred tension after a while?

Santa accidently bought me too many racquets :) --->

Picture 028.jpg

Actually, only three of them are mine!

First time I swung a NS9900 and it isn't as head light as people make out for some reason, feels even balanced and very similar to the 8DX!