User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Next step advice

I have strung a couple of times now using Kwun's Haribito video on my Rkep9000 and all seems ok. I now have an unstrung Yonex 8DX coming and I have looked at the Yonex official guide to get prepared, I take it this is a one piece bottom up pattern, which means I start with equal amounts of string on each side? is there a benefit using this pattern for this racket as it seems quite specific for a few rackets only, or am I better off sticking to what I have started to learn.
    Before you all say try it and see, I am rubbish at this and too embarrassed to say how long it has actually taken me to string a racket. So if I can avoid doing it twice it would save ALOT of time and stress!

Thanks in advance

Dave

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not try a 2-piece top-down? Find the mid-point of the string and give the mains an extra 12-15 inches.

One-piece patterns do not use equal lengths on each side - one side does half the mains, while the other does half the mains and all the crosses; the split is closer to 1/4-3/4. Also, 1-piece has only a negligible advantage over 2-piece if you can tie good knots (and less still if you start the crosses with a starting knot).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK thanks Mark, as per asmd6230 recent video? (+ your comments)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmey View Post
    ... Before you all say try it and see, I am rubbish at this and too embarrassed to say how long it has actually taken me to string a racket. So if I can avoid doing it twice it would save ALOT of time and stress!...
    Don't be embarrassed that you can't do a 20 minute stringing job like a pro. It just goes to show that you are being careful while you are learning -- just the way you ought to be.

Listen to the kind, free advice from the experts here at BC and stick with it!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmey View Post
    OK thanks Mark, as per asmd6230 recent video? (+ your comments)
    Exactly.

With regard to speed, who cares? You're not at a tournament with Lee Chong Wei tutting and tapping his foot. Given the choice between right and fast, your customer is going to want right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the support, i'll have a go at the weekend. Queen's 'we are the champions' CD Queued and ready.......

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handel's Messiah might be the piece of more suitable duration. ;-)