Next step advice

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Chimmey, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Chimmey

Chimmey Regular Member

IT
    I have strung a couple of times now using Kwun's Haribito video on my Rkep9000 and all seems ok. I now have an unstrung Yonex 8DX coming and I have looked at the Yonex official guide to get prepared, I take it this is a one piece bottom up pattern, which means I start with equal amounts of string on each side? is there a benefit using this pattern for this racket as it seems quite specific for a few rackets only, or am I better off sticking to what I have started to learn.
    Before you all say try it and see, I am rubbish at this and too embarrassed to say how long it has actually taken me to string a racket. So if I can avoid doing it twice it would save ALOT of time and stress!

Thanks in advance

Dave

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Why not try a 2-piece top-down? Find the mid-point of the string and give the mains an extra 12-15 inches.

One-piece patterns do not use equal lengths on each side - one side does half the mains, while the other does half the mains and all the crosses; the split is closer to 1/4-3/4. Also, 1-piece has only a negligible advantage over 2-piece if you can tie good knots (and less still if you start the crosses with a starting knot).

3. Chimmey

Chimmey Regular Member

IT
    OK thanks Mark, as per asmd6230 recent video? (+ your comments)

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Don't be embarrassed that you can't do a 20 minute stringing job like a pro. It just goes to show that you are being careful while you are learning -- just the way you ought to be. :)

Listen to the kind, free advice from the experts here at BC and stick with it!

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Exactly.

With regard to speed, who cares? You're not at a tournament with Lee Chong Wei tutting and tapping his foot. Given the choice between right and fast, your customer is going to want right.

6. Chimmey

Chimmey Regular Member

IT
    Thanks for the support, i'll have a go at the weekend. Queen's 'we are the champions' CD Queued and ready.......

7. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Handel's Messiah might be the piece of more suitable duration. ;-)