Apacs Racket Selection/Advice Help!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by poohpooh, Nov 1, 2012.

1. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Need help in choosing racket. I am a intermediate player more inclined to attacking/offensive play, looking for a moderate/slight head heavy racket & stiff/medium stiff for doubles/singles usage. I have tried tantrum 200 the feel is solid and great and now i am a fan of it. Previous racket MP99

Apacs Tantrum 200, 500
    Apacs Lethal 70, 110
    Apacs Slayer 99

Your help will be deeply appreciated.

2. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

I have the Tantrum 300 (which is apparently the same as 200) and i think it is what you are looking for.

It feels a little too headlight for me because I am used to VT80, but i think it is kind of similar to your MP99. The shaft is it little less stiff than the VT80 though.

I've looked at specs for the Tantrum 500 and apparently it is slightly more head heavy and less stiff than the 200 .. but haven't tried it.

Also, ..Lethal 70.. this is seriously heavy - felt much heavier than my VT80 and much stiffer too. After almost half a year of using VT80 my arm and shoulder was sore from 2 games using the Lethal 70. So, L70 might not be the type of racket you are looking for.

3. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

How about the Slayer 99 and Lethal 110? So your advice will be getting the Tantrum 300 or 500 ?

4. nooooooooooo

I have never tried Slayer 99 or Lethal 110, but from what i've read I think the Slayer 99 is similar to Tantrum 300 and Lethal 110 similar to Lethal 70.

Yes I would recommend Tantrum 300, I haven't used the 500 before but it is supposed to be MEDIUM flex rather than STIFF, and slightly MORE HEAD HEAVY. So yeah depends what you are looking for.

5. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

I have narrow down to the possible racket i am going to get will be,

Tantrum 200
    Tantrum 300 (not sure still avaliable)
    Lethal90
    Lethal110

any further comments.

6. nooooooooooo

If you liked the Tantrum 200 then you should just get that, or the Tantrum 300. They should be pretty much the same.

From what I understand, T200 is an older version for the Malaysian market, and T300 is a newer, improved model for the international market.

7. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    if you want the attacking rackets so you should consider the lethal series rackets like Lethal 70 (head heavy), Lethal 90 (swing fast and stiff) lethal 100 (head heavy).
    or if you want more even balance rackets so you should consider the Slayer 99, Tantrum 200 /T300 (these are similar), T500 (more head heavy and flexible).

T500 is worth to consider too.

8. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

I have been considering,

Lethal 90 now OOS due to its aero dynamic frame.
    Lethal 110 any comments not seen anyone commenting about this racket.

Tantrum 200 tried and felt solid.
    Tantrum 500 it says medium stiff and head heavy a good combination?

9. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Lethal 100 is it aero dynamic frame? it says Even Balance and Medium Stiff

10. nooooooooooo

Where did it say Lethal 100 is even balance and medium stiff? I haven't used it but everywhere I've read about it said that it is was very head heavy and stiff (like more extreme version of Lethal 70)

11. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Hi there.

These are your stats

- Intermediate level
    - Offensive style of play
    - Play double and single

These are the preferred racket spec that you're searching

- Apacs brand
    - slight head heavy
    - medium to stiff flexibility

This are my opinion:

You're an offensive style of player and play both single and double. Since you're playing both category, you need a racket that can deliver both satisfactory performance from the attacking department and at the same time can deliver equal performance from your control department. A head balance racket will definitely be the choice of racket that you need to try. Since you're an Apacs fan, searching a head balance racket that comes with a Balance Point (BP) anywhere at the range of +/- 285 are a lot but few rackets that comes with medium or stiff flexibility will include:

- T200
    - Slayer 99

Regardless of what racket you've listed, the main key to search what best for you will only come to the point of you yourself need to try any of this racket. You've tried T200 and it feels solid in your hands and that alone is enough to justify for you to pick it from any of your list of rackets unless there is another racket that can deliver better outcome than T200 in any of your swings.

The other things about head balance, regardless of what is the specification that comes with it, it's other "fine" criteria such as "slight" head heavy can only be justified once you've used it after putting strings and grip on your racket.

SS

12. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    good point from shooting stroke. if you feel T200 solid on your hands then don't be hesitate to get this racket.

13. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

Great comments. Thanks for pointing out the important points :)

14. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    are there any physical stores that carries Apacs rackets in california? i've heard so much about it i'm dying to buy one and try one out. i know i can order from mybadmintonstore but i would like to look at one first.

15. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

I have narrow down to the 3 rackets but i am still unsure about it. T200 T500intl KasonF9

16. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

sorry its Lethal110, T500intl, KasonF9