User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 29
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Lining or Yonex racket..

    Lining or Yonex racket..pls some help me..
    Which want more better and have good quality..

  2. #2
    Regular Member clawhammers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    665
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Neither.

    I vote for Victor

  3. Likes TheSmasherKing liked this post
  4. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why victor?and what type of victor??

  5. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LiNing, Yonex and Victor are each producers of the highest quality. But they also each produce cheaper, lower quality rackets. If you are looking for a racket, any of these companies is a fine choice. What really matters is can you find a racket that fits your style. A suitable racket is like a good wife: you should feel comfortable with it; it should be consistent and reliable- even when you are not; and it doesn't hurt if it looks good .Good Luck!

  6. Likes maxout liked this post
  7. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xrokcetong View Post
    Lining or Yonex racket..pls some help me..
    Which want more better and have good quality..
    Racket suitability are personal preference, you just have to try and try lots of rackets to find out which one suits you best.
    For paint durability, i would go for Lining & Yonex.

  8. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As said, it doesn't matter what brand you go for as long as you like it.

    There are professionals using all the mentioned brands so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us mere mortals.

  9. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Racket suitability are personal preference, you just have to try and try lots of rackets to find out which one suits you best.
    For paint durability, i would go for Lining & Yonex.
    Paint durability depends on the model. For Yonex racquets VT-ZF are notorious for its exposed "stickers" that got easily squished during stringing. I have also found many of the Nanospeed series racquets chip rather easily. The paint durability for their VT (excl VTZF) and Arcsaber series seems to be better.

    Same can be said for other vendors like Victor, Bravesword 09 is infamous for paint chips but BS LYD is much better in this respect. I'd also like to say the paint quality for the Meteor series is just excellent. My impression is that Victor has improved their paint process over the years (BS09 was a much earlier model than BS LYD or MX80).

  10. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For Li Ning - go for N Series.

    For Victor - go for Brave sword LYD, BS 12. MX 80 , MX JJS.

    Yonex... i dont want comment.

  11. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie0517 View Post
    Paint durability depends on the model. For Yonex racquets VT-ZF are notorious for its exposed "stickers" that got easily squished during stringing. I have also found many of the Nanospeed series racquets chip rather easily. The paint durability for their VT (excl VTZF) and Arcsaber series seems to be better.

    Same can be said for other vendors like Victor, Bravesword 09 is infamous for paint chips but BS LYD is much better in this respect. I'd also like to say the paint quality for the Meteor series is just excellent. My impression is that Victor has improved their paint process over the years (BS09 was a much earlier model than BS LYD or MX80).
    It is so strange my MX80 paint got chip easily out of nowhere especially on the connection between the cone and shaft.

  12. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    For Li Ning - go for N Series.

    For Victor - go for Brave sword LYD, BS 12. MX 80 , MX JJS.

    Yonex... i dont want comment.
    Yonex ... go for the tried, tested and trusted ... CARBONEX series ...

  13. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    It is so strange my MX80 paint got chip easily out of nowhere especially on the connection between the cone and shaft.
    You can't get paint chip out of nowhere dude, if that really happens to victor rackets especially mx80, Jung Jae Sung would need to bring 10+ rackets to each match for every 1 of his mx80 will be destroyed out of nowhere.

    Confirm you got miss hit somewhere along the game and you didn't realize it.

  14. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have heard that LiNing rackets are not durable and tends to break easily, hence not very good quality. Is that true?

  15. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asdsadas2008 View Post
    You can't get paint chip out of nowhere dude, if that really happens to victor rackets especially mx80, Jung Jae Sung would need to bring 10+ rackets to each match for every 1 of his mx80 will be destroyed out of nowhere.

    Confirm you got miss hit somewhere along the game and you didn't realize it.
    No, i confirmed that the connection between cone and shaft never mishit nor falling down and hit the floor. My friend's MX80 also having the same problem, more or less same position too. 2 pieces of MX80 that i knew of having this problem.

  16. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    No, i confirmed that the connection between cone and shaft never mishit nor falling down and hit the floor. My friend's MX80 also having the same problem, more or less same position too. 2 pieces of MX80 that i knew of having this problem.
    Congratulations bro, that means you have a good swing speed and is able to bend the shaft of the racquet during hitting- not everyone can do that. This happens, since the cone and the shaft are two different parts, made of different materials, joined by a thin layer of glue - it is natural the the paint eventually crack/chip due to repeated bending of shaft against cone - graphite may be flexible, paint is not. This type of "paint chip" also happens to other brands including Yonex and LiNing and is quite common amongst professional players

    I think asdsadas2008and I are referring to "resistance to paint chips" of the paints applied to the frame/shaft portion of the racquet. My MX80 has survived several clashes and is still free of paint chips.

  17. #15
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    591
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If yonex,go for voltric seriesif victor go for bs n mx seriesif flypower go for warriors n el nino seriesif li-ning i really dun hv idea :-)

  18. #16
    Regular Member clawhammers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    665
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie0517 View Post
    Congratulations bro, that means you have a good swing speed and is able to bend the shaft of the racquet during hitting- not everyone can do that.

    This happens, since the cone and the shaft are two different parts, made of different materials, joined by a thin layer of glue - it is natural the the paint eventually crack/chip due to repeated bending of shaft against cone - graphite may be flexible, paint is not. This type of "paint chip" also happens to other brands including Yonex and LiNing and is quite common amongst professional players

    I agree with you

    You should see Licin's muscle in his right arm.... looks very strong and powerful

  19. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Boy02 View Post
    I have heard that LiNing rackets are not durable and tends to break easily, hence not very good quality. Is that true?
    Quality is good but durability sucks (like everything else nowadays ) so you have to buy new one more frequently .... they don't make them to last anymore ... no money to be made for doing so ....

    Just imagine, my Cab20 lasts 5-10 years while newer fancier ones about 1-2 years .... so guess who is "spending" more money ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •