VT9, VT5 or AS009DX?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by KyMurr, Nov 1, 2012.

1. KyMurr

KyMurr Regular Member

I'm looking to get a new racquet, and these are the 3 I've narrowed it down to. they are all within my price range, and available at a local store.
    I'm looking for something that's going to give me more control than my MP23, that is a little bit lighter than it.
    Which do you guys figure I should go for, and why?

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    my father used to use a nanospeed3000 w/ bg65 @ 22lbs and he wasn't able to generate enough power. after 1.5yrs playing with that racket, i bought him the voltric 9 with bg80power string and i strung it at 24lbs. now he's able to generate more power from the racket but claimed that he needed to adjust his swing not so much to the weight, but to the flexible shaft. i guess what he meant was that the shaft is more flexible relatively. btw my dad is 60yrs old, 5"8', 130lbs. he's skinny and old.

the cool thing was the blue matches the orange string (only color they had), sorry i like flashy stuff.

3. Knicknack

Knicknack Regular Member

I would say go with the 009DX: It is quite stiff, even balance and give you superb control. VT9 and VT5 is for smashing, not really the type of racket for people who wants to make the opponents fly around the court.

4. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

I'm using VT80 3U and my oppenent move around too.

It doesn't matter what racket, it all drill down to you skill, footwork and your arm.

For those YY racket made in Taiwan does not reflect the true spec.

009DX and NS990 is head heavy not even balance.

#4 ChongHL, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012