Tension head on stringing machine super sensitive

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by fast3r, Nov 3, 2012.

1. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

I've recently started restringing again using my Pro's Pro Comet 1 crank machine and have come across a problem with the tension head on the machine. Basically the spring-loaded part which releases when the set tension has been pulled has become extremely sensitive and will release at random times, so I have to be really really careful when pulling tension. I've attached a photo of the area in question--I think the reason why it's suddenly doing this is because the metal of the part has worn down over time.

I don't know if I've described the problem very well, but if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it I would be very grateful!

Attached Files:

2. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    A small hex screw is located at opposite side of the trigger will fix the issue. But this will increase the tension, because this is the screw use to adjust the tension, so a tension calibrate is need for this adjustment. Also an other smaller hex screw on the side has to loose before can turn the first one.

3. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

Thanks so much. I thought it would be something to do with this. Not quite sure how to go about it though. Seeing as the this is the screw used to adjust the tension, how would i re-calibrate the machine to display the correct tension?

4. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    You need a calibrator, preferable a digital one, as reference, set you machine tension to 25 pounds, attach the calibrator on a fix point on the turntable, them pull, if the tension display on the calibrator go over, them turn the adjustment screw in to decrease the tension. Otherwise, turn the screw out to increase the tension.

5. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

Right, but when I turn the screw in, I'll just be back to my original problem?

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Shouldn't really. The adjustment screw controls how "early" the locking lever pops out, so it should fix the problem if calibrated properly.

Get some digital luggage scales from eBay and calibrate at 25 lb (if you only plan to do badminton rackets, that is).