Carlton Ignite Rapid/Carlton Ignite Fusion

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by gundamzaku, Nov 4, 2012.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    got a hold of a carlton ignite rapid and fusion today as well as a spira 21. i only had a chance to play with the carlton ignite rapid which is head light with a flexible shaft weighing 87g. came with carlton force 65 strings.

first impression, i love the matte white paint. i just love the white color and if the racket is scratched, the matte surface won't make the scratch as obvious. with this racket, i could have sworn that it swings like an even balance racket. the only reason why i know it's head light is because i have the Fusion to compare with tho i didn't have a chance to put a grip on the Fusion and play with it.

i don't know why, but both strings from carlton, the force65 and the xelerate67 are both decent strings. i started hitting with the Rapid w/ Force 65 it actually felt quite nice. tho the tension was a bit on the low side, maybe 20-22. i love the way the racket feels.

the frame is wide, like widebody of a tennis racket, but the frame is also thin so it swings thru the air quite quickly. maybe that's why it feels solid to me. the shaft is a bit more flexible than i want. comparing to the Carlton kinesis, the kinesis is even a bit more flexible than the ignite rapid.

it is also important to note that the frame shape is isometic as opposed to optimetric. so the frame tapers up but the top of the frame seems to be flatter than the optimetric which is very nice because i tend to use the string around that area to serve and some how the vibration from that area on the ignite rapid feels really nice.

got both carlton from badminton alley and i found out that they also carry the xelerate67 string now, woohoo!!!

will add a review of the carlton ignite fusion as soon as i get a chance to hit with it :).