User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Hey CD, I just got a great idea! You know that "Test Your Might" night on Fridays at Badminton Vancouver... well you and I could enter the MD category and not only do we get to play for 2 hours, but if we win (which is most likely given the level there) we can walk away with a $50 prize! So in effect we would be getting paid to play!
    I'd just drag you down to my level . Fridays are usually considered part of the weekend. And weekends are family time for me. Thanks for the offer though...much appreciated.

It's OK. I'm resolved to do this. My daughter has recently been behaving quite good ever since I told her I would quit badminton so she can do martial arts. We'll see how long that lasts.

My wife has veto power...so there's still a chance I won't be gone from badminton too long. As with everything...things/situations can change.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CD

It is a delimma, but a good one to have; a new memeber to the family. Believe me, they grow up a lot faster than you think; before you know it, like I told you last night, my oldest girl will be 22 in a couple of weeks, she don't even play badminton with her old man anymore, I am just too slow for her =).

Badminton certainly could be a very economical sport, just find a group to play and settle with your current racquets, $400 a year will get you a long way. I know a couple of groups with be excellent for you and your buddy.

Badminton is also a excellent family sport as well, as you know all my kids play and so as my wife. A lot of time is all about finding the right group to accommadate the variance of levels within your family. My group on Saturday afternoon is good example, as my younger kids is playing with my friends kids, friends wifes are playing together and I got to play with my buddies and some other drop-in crews. There is always a solution, I am sure you will find your sweet spot.

Cheers

Ted

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely will consider joining a group (once my newborn isn't that much of a handful ).

It is my hope that my kids will also develop an interest in badminton. Then it's easier to allocate $$ for it.

Time will tell.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jusr checked local community centres. They have Karate for $50 (once a week for 10 weeks). Downside is it's for 6yrs old and up. Future possibilities.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey CD, I just got a great idea! You know that "Test Your Might" night on Fridays at Badminton Vancouver... well you and I could enter the MD category and not only do we get to play for 2 hours, but if we win (which is most likely given the level there) we can walk away with a $50 prize! So in effect we would be getting paid to play!
    I wish i am in Vancouver too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Suggestion

Hi CD,
    Not sure what level you are at but the Richmond Badminton Club plays Tues/Thurs/Sun evenings at a school gym and they use feathers. All levels of players and cost is pretty reasonable ($155/season for one night a week, $260/season for two nights and $365/season for three nights). The season/schedule usually starts Oct to May (during school year) and break for the summer.

$800 to $1000/year is pretty expensive and as Tedski can attest to, it depends on what you are seeking out of badminton.

WWC

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Still have to watch The Raid. Found out about by accident when the tv guide used the wrong description for a film with the same title . I did Pukulan Cimande a few weeks but not my cup of tea (or probably better said, the teaching style was not my cup of tea), little brother did "regular" Silat for a few years though but was still a little kid. Not much of the skill left .

srry for the off-topic .

on topic: with no NHL yet, I guess minor leagues will have to fill those dark winter days without badminton . G'luck!

KHL
    haha, I don't like martial arts in general

oh yeah, don't forget that there is no winter or summer in Indonesia. maybe we have eid, but it is only for 1 month. the rest? you can play anytime you want! (usually the place close around 10 or 12 at night)
    let's migrate to Indonesia lol!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    haha, I don't like martial arts in general

oh yeah, don't forget that there is no winter or summer in Indonesia. maybe we have eid, but it is only for 1 month. the rest? you can play anytime you want! (usually the place close around 10 or 12 at night)
    let's migrate to Indonesia lol!
    Hahaha...
    Some places even did not close though, usually it is only guarded by a security officer who also handle the key. You just have to pay overtime, and you can play until morning if you want.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need for daycare when your child is already learning martial arts! haha just joking.

But like everyone has said, I'm pretty sure you will find a way. Maybe just change it to playing a lot less? You don't have to quit it all together. Playing less will make it more enjoyable because you will be craving it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How abt reducing frequency of play? You will still enjoy the game...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news!!!

My bad investment property is finally being rented out in December. So it'll help with the cash flow. But I don't think I can continue with my current singles session (once a week for an hour).

I'll probably get back into badminton around March-April 2013 timeframe (a few months after baby is born) if my wife will let me . Maybe join a group (with my friend cuz I'll feel bad of leaving him out) instead to lessen the costs when I get back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    So it'll help with the cash flow.
    Good news indeed CD! Hope you don't have to stop completely

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dang! Looks like you just have to sell one of your many properties and you can have karate and badminton for the whole family!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play on mate, play on!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just have the one bad property that's bleeding money.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Good news!!!

My bad investment property is finally being rented out in December. So it'll help with the cash flow. But I don't think I can continue with my current singles session (once a week for an hour).
    Great news indeed that you will be able to start playing in March 2013 instead of your initial forecast of 5 years. We are all badminton players and it is surely sad to hear that someone will have to give up the sport.

I am not sure how much you guys over there are paying but over here, playing (doubles) to keep fit, we play once a week for 3 hours with 2 courts. The fees are RM100.00 for 3 months including courts fees and shuttles and you play till you drop. We are surely very lucky over here.

Hope you don't have to give up the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously visor?!?!

Name:  phy1.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  50.9 KB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast