Ouch, what a burn!!
    visor, you gonna take that lying down?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad-vancouver View Post
    Seriously visor?!?!Attachment 133134
    Well... she surely can't be playing every Friday night? She'll be bored of beating us poor folks all the time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks like Phyllis Chan. Is it her little sister?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    She looks like Phyllis Chan. Is it her little sister?
    That is Phyllis and her BF. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Well... she surely can't be playing every Friday night? She'll be bored of beating us poor folks all the time.
    didn't mean to make fun of you visor, you're right, she doesn't play every Friday. That Friday night was a great opportunity for some of the players to play with a national player, btw, she was playing the in the men's open category . Test your Might night is a great opportunity for amateur players to get the feel of a lil competition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey BC, so I read whats in here and I frankly think it is a bit sad for you. I agree that it wouldnt be bad to cut off badminton for like 1 year since I understand you have a very young kid and a bit older one...Those moments with your kids are going to be so precious later! Try doing a budget with your wife to see if theres anything you can cut that really isnt necessary. (cellphones, trips to certain places vs other places, 2 cars vs 1 vs bus etc) Also you can sell the rackets your not using anymore, and Id suggest not to buy that racket especially if your going to stop for a while cuz your going to be wanting to buy a new racket when you start again! Like some people said plastic vs feather since its cheaper, use more durable strings like 65 and cut 1-2 pds off the tension. Make your shoes last a bit more same with grips. Finaly, the YMCA has some programs that help you and your family to get access to some installations for free. Even if you stop badminton for a year, you could go train at the gym once a week when your not busy to keep the shape. Call your local YMCA see if theres things you can get...that may include free swimming lessons free dance classes and free access to badminton courts! Here in montreal the YMCAs have some nice badminton courts and some places even include the plastic birds and some used feathers. Good luck to you and your family.

Ps: if you stop badminton for lets say a year, try to put some money on the side so when you start again, you dont stress as much.
    Ps 2: talk about it with your wife, she'll give you her opinion.
    Good luck again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also in quebec there are some tax refund for gym fees and sports..check that out, there might be similar things in BC!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And so begins my year of exile from badminton...

Thanks for the advice victorgabriel1.

Good news is that my daughter has stopped taking Martial Arts lessons for now. Bad news is because it is a punishment for her recent bad behaviour and refusal to apologize. I hear it's normal for her to lash out cuz she feeling insecure once the baby arrives. So my wife and I are trying to extra patient with our daughter's outbursts.

I've already cut most of the fat that I could. Only 1 car, reduced TV bill (cuz no hockey ), cut my own lawn, and haven't seen movies in the theatres last year (missed Avengers and Batman...most likely the Hobbit too ). Also need to save $$ for repairs to the house (it's an old house that needs some TLC).

I could probably try to curb my badminton spending but it's a hobby that I enjoy. Not wanting to go back to plastics.

Solution would be to move a bit East. I would be mortgage free if I sold my Burnaby house and moved to Surrey. Downside is that I would have a 1hr commute to work every day and 1hr back home. Not really wanting to spend my life in traffic.

PLAN B is to win the lottery

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What??? No Hobbit???????

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4