User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New to badminton.

My friend just gave me a Head Metallix 6000 with no strings. I want to play and looked online for strings and don't know which strings to buy for my racket. Can anyone tell me which size is proper for my racket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best idea is to start with a string that is cheap, easy to find, durable and familiar to every stringer: Yonex BG-65. BTW, welcome to the wonderful world of badminton! :-)

3. Likes gundamzaku liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    The best idea is to start with a string that is cheap, easy to find, durable and familiar to every stringer: Yonex BG-65. BTW, welcome to the wonderful world of badminton! :-)
    yes i totally agree. when you first start getting into a sport or hobby when you're not sure if you'll stick around thru thick and thin, it's best to spend as little as possible and get the most fun out of it. bg65 is a medium thickness string in the market and it's quite durable. even if you play 2-3 times a week lasting 2-3hrs per session you should be able to keep the string for at least a month granted you don't leave your racket in your car to weather thru different temperatures.

and then after a few months if you're still into the sport and actually noticed that the lost of tension in your string is affecting your game, then go ahead and explore other options...start reading the strings threads.

i must give you props for coming on this forum and ask questions first before buying a bunch of gear that might not be beneficial for you. i did it the hard way and wasted a lot of money.