New to badminton.

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Quirky, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Quirky

Quirky New Member

My friend just gave me a Head Metallix 6000 with no strings. I want to play and looked online for strings and don't know which strings to buy for my racket. Can anyone tell me which size is proper for my racket?

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The best idea is to start with a string that is cheap, easy to find, durable and familiar to every stringer: Yonex BG-65. BTW, welcome to the wonderful world of badminton! :)

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    yes i totally agree. when you first start getting into a sport or hobby when you're not sure if you'll stick around thru thick and thin, it's best to spend as little as possible and get the most fun out of it. bg65 is a medium thickness string in the market and it's quite durable. even if you play 2-3 times a week lasting 2-3hrs per session you should be able to keep the string for at least a month granted you don't leave your racket in your car to weather thru different temperatures.

and then after a few months if you're still into the sport and actually noticed that the lost of tension in your string is affecting your game, then go ahead and explore other options...start reading the strings threads.

i must give you props for coming on this forum and ask questions first before buying a bunch of gear that might not be beneficial for you. i did it the hard way and wasted a lot of money. :(