stencil paint makes string stiffer?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by gundamzaku, Nov 7, 2012.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    for some odd reason whenever i buy a carlton racket in particular, it comes with strings, even the high end ones, and the string is painted with the carlton logo. if you notice the biggest triangle is smack right in the middle of the string bed. there is no way to avoid it. some how, whether it's a vapour trail or a razor or the new ignite, i've enjoy hitting with the factory "installed" strings with paint on it. i enjoy the "thud" sound when i hit a shuttle and i love the "stiffness" of the string not moving much.

my question is, is the paint making the string bed stiffer than it should be?

or is the string been installed on the racket too long, so the string actually settled into a groove?

or am i just fooling myself because it's a new racket?

should i buy stencil paint and try painting it once?

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    It probably has a very small effect in that it acts like a weak bond between the strings. I doubt it would make the strings significantly "stiffer". I mean the little effect it may have on the strings, if any, does it really matter?

3. holytoa

holytoa Regular Member

it just makes the stings look pretty..
    from wat i know is that nv let ur strings make contact water as it will somehow make the stings break easily

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    thank you for the responses. i guess i can't conclude anything until i have strung a fresh set of x67 onto a carlton racket and play with it to see if there is a different.